The Basalt Thread: All Basalt-based customizations go here!

All right, if you take a look around you'll notice different customizations using basalt, so i decided to create a thread just for these.
Also, i looked for a general basalt wheel thread and could not find it.

Customizations:
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs D125 RF http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Basalt-f...cs-D125-RF
Basalt Pegasis II W105 SD http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Fly-Pega...-II-W105SD

and things like tank buster, way to counter it etc etc can be discussed here.
Since there are a lot of discussions on this wheel, let's put everything inside a single thread
MF-H basalt kerbecs 230 PD won when beys collide it is a great stamiina and slightly defense combo
but i can be countered with the usual counters
also MF-H basalt horogium uw145RF came second at when beys collide its a good anti meta and it counters Basalt kerbecs BD145MB and Basalt kerbecs 230 cs Tongue_out
Hell Kerbecs BD145 RF/R2F works really well against Basalt 230CS. (Well, it's already highly recommended in the Italian metagame.)
Well, a combo that can really degrade Basalt's strength will be Basalt Bull 85 RF. Not a good combo IMO, but according to my friend's tests, it wins handily against LLD100RF and LLD100XF.
(May. 04, 2011  4:50 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, a combo that can really degrade Basalt's strength will be Basalt Bull 85 RF. Not a good combo IMO, but according to my friend's tests, it wins handily against LLD100RF and LLD100XF.

Well im not a surprised basalt won according to your freind. Basalt's weight plus the grip of rf can beat attack types.
Thank you for making this thread. I was starting to think there were too many Basalt combo threads. There are already too many Hell Kerbecs combo threads anyway.

Janstarblast, Basalt Bull 85RF, is an anti-meta attack combo, because of it's weight, it might even be able to score some good Knock Outs.

Beat Lynx GB145 R²F could be a great counter to a Defense-based Basalt combo.
Ah, happy to know that its a good combo. I am also sad. I tricked my friend into believing that this combo is top tier. I wanted to win against him, that's why I made him this combo, which seemed to be bad, but turned out great. Stupid
I don't mean that good.
I won a demo tournament with my Basalt Aquario DF145 WD...spins for quite long..it also defeats Earth customizations and attack types cant take it down easily
Basalt Aquario DF145WD is almost a top-tier combo. Except for DF145, which kinda sucks. If you would've used a top-tier stamina track, you would win more easily.
hey MF-H Basalt Bull 230 RF does well against MF_H earth Bull C145 WB coz its got great attack power even with metal face heavy so it attacks and like 86% the time it get ko's and can even outspin it when the RF is kinda of warn doe so its kina like cs
TheChosen1: It again is an Anti-Meta. It doesn't attacks, 230 and Basalt's weight push it out of the stadium.
Besides, MF-H Earth Bull C145WB is a very bad defense type.
It was quite good in the recent past, though. C145 is bad though.
IIRC, the best Basalt BD145CS counter that used XF was MF-H Basalt Aquario AD145XF if you just shoot it regularly.
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS<---this is defense type, right? what is a good counter for this?(an attack or stamina bey?)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS <---also defense type? good counter for this?
Beat could beat the first combo.

Second one can be beaten by anything at 145 height.
For the bey MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS, I have attained around 60-80% wins using my own combo. I thought that since many combos were unable to defeat this bey by ''brute force,'' might as well use heavy recoil and take a gamble to try to knock out this bey.

My combo is MF-F Rock ____ H145RF/R2F. Rock and H145 for the heavy recoil. RF or R2F for speed. Has attained unexpected results. I'll do some formal testing when I've got the time.
(May. 06, 2011  7:42 AM)Electric Wrote: Second one can be beaten by anything at 145 height.

uh, from all the tests i have seen and the posts i have read, there are lots of 145 combos that lose against MF-H basalt kerbecs 230CS
yes i agree with lord wolfbeyblade. basalt on 230 is way more dangerous than normal 230 combos.
anyway, beat at 145 height is good to deal with both.
(May. 06, 2011  8:47 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: yes i agree with lord wolfbeyblade. basalt on 230 is way more dangerous than normal 230 combos.
anyway, beat at 145 height is good to deal with both.

well, actually that is because basalt's weight is uneven (sorry, basalt fans)
can somebody try basalt gemios 85 s
please
Why would we do that. S makes it unbalanced, 85 will surely scrape and gemios is too light to do anything.
I have tried using basalt libra di125wd but it was way too unstable. dunno if this is off topic.. then tried basalt libra df145wd, much stabler, but the staircase of death thing is killing me. (vsed earth cancer ch120wd, cancer won all the time not depending which mode spin out.)
change libra,use aquario/bull/kerbecs,df145wd is already good but change df145 to 145.
oh and my combo is MF-H basalt aquario 90rf,a great anti meta
IS it possible to use Basalt for attack? With all the weight it should be able to do something. I just got my Basalt yesterday so i havent been able to do any testing yet. I looked on the Box and it said if you make MF basalt horogium90RF that it would be a decent attack type. Has anyone tested this? Is it possible that Basalt could dominate the game like Libra did?