The Amazing Spiderman

[Image: the_amazing_spider_man_pics.jpg]

Trailer

I heard you like comic book movies so I made a comic book movie about a character who already had a comic book movie so you can be reminded of another comic book movie while watching this comic book movie.

Opens July 3, 2012 in the tree deez
I'm glad the series has been rebooted. Spiderman 3 was pretty bad and I don't think spiderman 4 would have been any better.
It'll be nice to see a Spider-Man movie that won't have Toby playing Peter. As much as I like seeing Toby's movies, I don't think he play's a good Peter Parker. I think this new guy can do it pretty good. After all, I thought he did a good job in that movie he did with Johnny Depp. That "Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassius" thingy.

I like how it's keeping more inline with the comics, using Gwen Stacy instead of Mary-Jane. I'm also kinda excited that their using The Lizard as the bad guy. Now, if they make a sequel (Which they probably will) I hope that the bad guy will be Myterio. XD Best, bad guy, EVER!! XD

According to the cast listing, James Jonah Jameson isn't in this movie. I guess that just shows that their taking him way back into high school. So, he'll probably pop up in the sequel. Tongue_out
It first I thought you meant the long-running comic book series.

Then I read it was the movie lol.

Watched the trailer and I'm still interested, glad that it's being getting a reboot and shares similar ties with Ultimate Spiderman. The Spiderman movies that are already out just didn't home for me. I read a good bit until
, then stopped. Need to catch up. Due to reading a lot of Ultimate Spiderman, I feel like this Spiderman movie will be my favorite [mainly due to already having information/backstory that might in the end be very slightly different when compared to the movie].

The creator of Ultimate Spiderman seems to have met with the movie side a while ago, too.

(in a slightly related note, Ultimate Spiderman apparently ended and is getting "rebooted" [Ultimate Spiderman was already a reboot, so the reboot is getting rebooted wtf])

edit; totally forgot about gwen stacy, was wondering who the blonde was lol
good, but they better not screw it up like the last 3 movies by not sticking to the source meterial. I mean come on how hard is it to read a couple of comics front to back, to figure out how to do the damn thing right. they better not force me to make a ultra low budget youtube film in its place to fix its screw ups.
I actually thought the first 3 were good. *Cue drop in rep* But after seeing the trailer, I'm quite interested, hopefully it's good and not a waste of £10 - £20.
I saw the trailer and it was AWESOME!!!
I actually didn't really like the first 3 movies but I will give this on a chance
And I love the new costume
i like the 1st person view of spiderman in the trailer
The first person parkour view alone got me interested, I'd like to hopefully see more of that in the feature film.
i would also like to see a little more action and a little less romance
(Jul. 20, 2011  9:30 PM)bugturtles Wrote:

Haha, that was in Ultimatum. He could supposedly control waves because he shifted the magnetic poles while, in reality, waves have nothing to do with magnetism. That was total carp XD

Anyway, I'll be honest, the movie doesn't look like anything special, so far. Graphics are nice, I guess, but, as I've no doubt made it clear before, I'm not a graphic man, more a story man (And we all know how the story is gonna go: Timid and shy Peter gets bitten by a radioactive plot device and turns awesome and then saves his girl from some bad guy) so the movie doesn't have much appeal, so far.

I am happy, though, that we'll finally get to see the Lizardman, as a villain (From what I read, do correct me if I'm wrong) because, when I watched the show as a kid, he was my favourite character. Just so creepy and crazy, he was awesome!
If this new reboot followed Ultimate Spiderman down to the letter (essentially creating an accurate movie version of that comic universe), I would find that FANTASTIC. (especially the whole
thing)

Of course a little bit of editing would be needed, seeing as how the X-Men movie trilogy ended, and with a few X-Men present in Ultimate Spiderman... lol

I'm actually tired of seeing Green Goblin, and Lizardman is a good start. Hopefully Carnage will get some spotlight too.
It's true. Willem Defoe, while a great actor, was hilariously over the top, as the Green Goblin, in the first movie. For this reboot, they're apparently gonna go a little more obscure. Ever heard of Nels Van Adder a.k.a the Proto-Goblin? No? Well, that's normal, he's pretty unknown. Here's what he looks like, in the comics:
Cute guy, isn't he? He wasn't featured in many stories, so his origins are pretty straight-forward. Much like his name implies, he's basically a prototype for the Green Goblin (I actually find him much more threathening than his green counterpart) and was an employee working for Osborn, the actual Green Goblin. It could turn out well, especially considering what special effects can do, these days. So we have two villains, Proto-Goblin and the Lizardman, much like Batman Begins had both the Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul.

It looks like they're pullin' a 'Christopher Nolan Reboot' on us, where they first make an origin movie (Batman Begins) featuring lesser known villains and plot elements (Had you guys ever heard of Ra's al Ghul, before this movie? I didn't think so) and then continue on a new series of movies (The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises) so this'll of course lunch us into another series of money-making movies with useless 3D just to boost the price.

Also, is it just me or does Andrew Garfield, the new Peter, kinda look like Edward, from Twlight? Uncertain
For some reason, this new Peter reminded me more of Hayden Christensen, aka whining teenager/slightly adult Anakin Skywalker.

I remember as a kid, Lizardman was Peter's doctor friend in the Spiderman (90s) cartoon. I wonder how they will introduce Lizardman in this movie.

In any continuity (especially), has the "origin" of Peter living with his aunt/uncle been fleshed out? I don't recall anything in Ultimate (practically the only one I read, because honestly, who wants to tackle over 600 issues from that OTHER comic line just to catch up?) detailing this.
He usually begins most series by living with his aunt and uncle. Sometimes they die, forcing him to live or alone or with Mary-Jane or just about any other character or he buys a home for himself. I'm not really familiar with Ultimate Spider-man, so I wouldn't know XD
I don't see anything to support Mary Jane will be in the film, so this is possibly the only "true" origins film, as Spiderman's first love interest was Gwen Stacy(which can only lead to a sad ending for atleast the first film)
(Jul. 27, 2011  8:37 AM)Thresher Wrote: The first person parkour view alone got me interested, I'd like to hopefully see more of that in the feature film.

That was the worst part of the trailer by far. 5 seconds of that would've been fine, but that was way too long. First person story telling in film died ages ago, and shouldn't be brought back to sell 3D (which both that shot, and the shots in Dark of the Moon do).
(Jul. 28, 2011  8:57 PM)To Wrote: First person story telling in film died ages ago, and shouldn't be brought back

Did that ever exist? I've never heard of that. Do you have an example I might check out? (I'm pretty curious XD)
Only first-person thing I saw in movies were Battle LA, that one Halo movie that never kicked off outside of trailers, etc.

I'm no movie-buff, though.
(Jul. 20, 2011  9:28 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: It'll be nice to see a Spider-Man movie that won't have Toby playing Peter. As much as I like seeing Toby's movies, I don't think he play's a good Peter Parker.

Yeah, He doesn't. He ruined the movies of Spiderman, comics were a lot better when he wasn't playing the Spiderman's role.

And this "Amazing Spiderman" got to be amazing as it says... hopefully it won't carp like Spiderman 3.
(Jul. 29, 2011  1:21 AM)Dude Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2011  8:57 PM)To Wrote: First person story telling in film died ages ago, and shouldn't be brought back

Did that ever exist? I've never heard of that. Do you have an example I might check out? (I'm pretty curious XD)

Horror, and exploitation films have been using first person for ages (Cloverfied, Blair Witch, Quarantine/Rec, etc.). But the element has been used in plenty other films. It's can make viewers nauseous, and if the scene is done in CG (like in that Spiderman trailer) it can make viewers feel like they're playing a video game. It's not something that should be used a lot.
(Jul. 27, 2011  2:33 PM)bugturtles Wrote: For some reason, this new Peter reminded me more of Hayden Christensen, aka whining teenager/slightly adult Anakin Skywalker.

I actually see what you mean, sort of an Attack of the Clones Anakin? (How I remember all these Star Wars words, I'll never know.)
Am I the only person who thinks that this spider man looks like the green goblins son, harry?

I refuse to watch this new one. It'll just remind me of the old ones, which I really liked.
The old ones were fine but spider man 3 was pretty awful. It needed a reboot.
bugturtles It's just the Lizard, not lizardman.

Oh hey Spidey, you actually got his webshooters right this time. He only make super-powerful organic webbing after he went through that whole origin arc in the comics, where he 'evolves'.