The Amazing Spiderman

New Photos of Andrew Garfield in Spiderman Costume.

His shoes/boots (whatever you call it) confuse me, because of what looks like studs or suction grips on one side but i guess the other side's too dark to see... The gloves look very nice though!
he looks pretty cool in those pictures but y does he have suction cups on his feet
is that how he climbs walls and stuff?
Decent movie. The secret ending was disappointing and confusing but not in a good way. It was rather empty and overly open-ended...way to much in fact. Not only that, but no tie in for Avengers 2? Seriously? Tired

On that note, I dont care what version of Spider Man I am looking at; I always hate it when Uncle Ben is murdered =( Makes me feel all sad and stuff *pouty face
Yes but is this really the place to talk about that? Anyway I thought it was a lot better than the first one with one with Toby. Had a lot more depth too. Personally I hope they don't kill Gwen off in the next one since she was played very well by Emma Stone. And she's hot too...
I think this should be in the thread watched movie.
btw, very good movie.
(Jul. 18, 2012  10:32 AM)Ultra Wrote: Personally I hope they don't kill Gwen off in the next one since she was played very well by Emma Stone. And she's hot too...

Ok, I'm being honest now, this what I meant when I said I hope they don't kill her off Tongue_out
Emma Stone has confirmed that she signed a contract for several films in this series.

Personally, I just want Gwen dead to maintain the integrity of the story...

(Jul. 18, 2012  5:32 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Decent movie. The secret ending was disappointing and confusing but not in a good way. It was rather empty and overly open-ended...way to much in fact. Not only that, but no tie in for Avengers 2? Seriously? Tired

Sony is not working with anyone but themselves. They refuse to share the rights, so Spider-man will not ever appear in an Avengers movie, so long as Sony are the movie IP holders for Spider-man.

The only possible way it could've happened would've been for this movie to be terrible, boxhouse bomb, and cause Sony to auction off the rights, which was not the case.
Damn you Sony. I really wanted him in a future avengers movie.
(Jul. 19, 2012  5:20 PM)Hazel Wrote: Emma Stone has confirmed that she signed a contract for several films in this series.

Personally, I just want Gwen dead to maintain the integrity of the story...

(Jul. 18, 2012  5:32 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Decent movie. The secret ending was disappointing and confusing but not in a good way. It was rather empty and overly open-ended...way to much in fact. Not only that, but no tie in for Avengers 2? Seriously? Tired

Sony is not working with anyone but themselves. They refuse to share the rights, so Spider-man will not ever appear in an Avengers movie, so long as Sony are the movie IP holders for Spider-man.

The only possible way it could've happened would've been for this movie to be terrible, boxhouse bomb, and cause Sony to auction off the rights, which was not the case.

Ugh Sony...how you erk me...Spidey needs to be in Avengers. HOW DARE YOU DEFY THE CONTINUITY OF MARVEL!

Sorry about that. Moving on....

Emma Stone is pretty hot. Its really funny; Apparently, she is actually a red head, while the women who played Mary Jane back in the early 2000's was actually a blond, haha.

I am not going to act like I know all of Spider-Man's continuity's, but considering how far off this movie was already (takes bits and pieces of things that did happen and did not), I wont be suprised if Gwen lives. I have heard that Gwen is killed by someone known as the Jackle...I assume that is who the credits refered to as "man in the Shadows"

Thumbs up though for the machine web slingers Spidey had in this movie, aka the correct way to go bout it. I always hated the original 3 Spiderman films for them having Peter Parker shoot webs out of his wrists
*sighes* Okay, I'm just gonna say this right now. I did not like the 'Amazing Spiderman'. Andrew Garfield seemed as if he was trying to play the role of the 'Amazing Spidermam'. Plus, I felt like they were trying to choose an actor that looked like Edward from Twilight. Edward irks me, and so did this new Peter Parker. Gwen was just annoying; she was personalityless. She really had no sense of humor, and she just seemed like a lustful girl with an overprotective dad. Aunt May's actor was plainly silly. She made her role seem like a joke. The Lizard was unbelievably stupid, literally. The Sandman was waaaaaaaaaay cooler! Also, I miss Mary Jane. She was awesome!

EDIT: The only character I liked was Gwen's dad. I felt for him.
Mary Jane wasn't awesome. Even if they weren't better I still think this one had more depth than the other first one. In the first one there wasn't anywhere as much plot. Also in this one he wasn't just being a hero for the very cliché'd reason of just saving his crush and family. There was way more at stake. However I do miss Harry Osborn. James Franco was good as him in the original series.
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:00 AM)Ultra Wrote: Mary Jane wasn't awesome.

As a child, she was my idol. You just offended my childhood idol. What's wrong with you?! Angry
What's wrong with you not liking Andrew Garfield's awesome portrayal of spiderman?!
I've heard negative opinions about Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker and I have to say I'm astounded by it. I felt he did a terrific job and this movie turned out to be amazing. Emma stone is a very talented actress and her on-screen chemistry with Andrew Garfield was great.
The Lizard may not have been the best villain but he was decent. I think the acting from the two leads is what really made this movie, though.

Also, Fakir's duck:

1. Andrew Garfield looks nothing like Robert Pattison
2. Gwen was full of personality
3. Aunt May's portrayal was nowhere near a joke
4. Sandman sucks
5. Kirsten Dunst started to become the female version of Keanu Reeves

Besides, Sandman was in Spiderman 3 which was godawful
(Jul. 19, 2012  8:27 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Emma Stone is pretty hot. Its really funny; Apparently, she is actually a red head, while Kirsten Dunst who played Mary Jane back in the early 2000's was actually a blond, haha.

I have heard that Gwen is killed by someone known as the Jackle...I assume that is who the credits refered to as "man in the Shadows"

I think I heard somewhere that Emma is naturally blonde, and If you're talking about the comic death, I only know of the Green Goblin interpretation of it.

As a side note to Fakir's Duck, Andrew Garfield was a great Spiderman, Aunt May's acting was far from a joke, Andrew Garfield doesn't sparkle, and Sandman was only good because they made you feel sorry for him at the end of Spiderman 3, That's it. Also, Spiderman 3 was terrible
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:17 PM)IHateNoobs Wrote: Also, Spiderman 3 was terrible

I second that. Also, I recently watched the movie. Nice changes. Lots of humor from Spiderman's side too.
I forgot about the humour in the film. I found the part where
funny, just because it wasn't done in the earlier films and I didn't expect it, but apparently I was the only one in the theatre who did Tongue_out
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: What's wrong with you not liking Andrew Garfield's awesome portrayal of spiderman?!

He looks like Edward from Twilight, and his personality was depressing, just like Edward. Edward is creppy. Robert Pattison and Andrew Garfield both have the same 'Medusa Aura'.
The only thing that I could think of regarding Andrew Garfield and some sort of "negative aspect" is his eyes. They screamed "high" to me :\
This looks interesting,but I really don't like this guy in a spider-man outfit,he looks funny in my opinion. Peter Parker is cooler Smile
He is Peter Parker, just a different actor. Tongue_out
Don't know what you're talking about there because Andrew Garfield played a much cooler spiderman than Tobey Maguire.
(Jul. 21, 2012  7:53 AM)Fakirs Duck Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2012  12:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: What's wrong with you not liking Andrew Garfield's awesome portrayal of spiderman?!

He looks like Edward from Twilight, and his personality was depressing, just like Edward. Edward is creppy. Robert Pattison and Andrew Garfield both have the same 'Medusa Aura'.

What does that even mean. They're two completely different characters. Edward has no personality, Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker was chock full of it. He portrayed a range of different emotions throughout the movie very well, and I especially loved how he started to become more confident and humorous when he became spiderman. It was very realistic because if any of us somehow gained superpowers and donned an outfit like that, we'd be smart talking too!

This an awesome movie. The action was awesome. The humor was awesome.
I'm not much of a critic, BTW.

Whoever said his eyes make look high... You are right, but it makes him look more like a high school student, lol.
ok, watch this movie a while ago, and while it was incredably better then the past 3 films, it was missing one vital part that was almost entirely missing from this film that is needed for spider man, and that is:
although they hinted at this, it was never actually done, ever. oter then that, the film was awsome, though some might complain that Parker didn't make is web but bought it and made his own machine to fling the web.