The Advanced Forum is born!

Uuummmm.....question, I thought this was the place only veterans can post knowledgeable things?
No. This is a thread that will alow any members to express their opinions about the advanced forum.
(Nov. 26, 2010  1:00 PM)littlechipz Wrote: so how exactly does one get granted access, all i know is you have to be a veteran, does that mean you have to have been on her for ages or just make knowledgable and useful posts?
Show your knowledge. Help in the Beyblade Customizations forum, the Beyblade General one as well.
Hah, great idea. And congrats blah (although I've never spoken to you)
(Nov. 26, 2010  3:23 AM)Commie Wrote: This new forum sounds like an elitist idea. But whatever.

With something like this, it makes it easier for newer members to know which posted information is reliable.

I'm sure that advanced users won't have any more privileges than anyone else.
Well this is an interesting thing and I think it's a really good idea and theres no point in asking what will go on in the forums since it will be complicated stuff that most of us would not understand, not yet anyway. Wink

Also, congrats to Blah, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Smile
20 000? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
last time i visited, roughly a 3 weeks ago, there was 11 000?
I personally think that Omega, Momiji Manju and Moss should be veterans, each of them have expert knowledge of the game.
(Nov. 27, 2010  12:12 AM)mr. rager Wrote: 20 000? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
last time i visited, roughly a 3 weeks ago, there was 11 000?
It is very crazy indeed, hah.

Novae Rog Wrote:I personally think that Omega, Momiji Manju and Moss should be veterans, each of them have expert knowledge of the game.
If we have not added them yet, then it means they have to prove themselves more.
Sometimes I wonder if people even read the rest of the announcement ... Everytime we make an announcement in which a new staff member is revealed, there seem to be a lot more "congrats [x]" than actual comments acknowledging the important message we wanted to announce ...
Would it make sense to create a test to prove the worthiness of a member? And if said member passed, a PM could be sent to a mod so they can consider them? I think it sounds fun.
Or an application, like a resume, explaining why you should be a veteran.
But if there was an application explaining why you should be a veteran, then everyone would be sending in applications and the mods would have to go through thousands of application every week, which doesn't seem fair on the mods. Besides if you achieve the veteran status, then you would have the feeling when your proud of your self for achieving something through hard work and perseverance. It's a great way to test members and it certain improves your morale and personality.
Blah DEFINITELY deserves this! Congratulations, beymaster!
(Nov. 27, 2010  8:38 AM)countdudoo Wrote: Would it make sense to create a test to prove the worthiness of a member? And if said member passed, a PM could be sent to a mod so they can consider them? I think it sounds fun.

I also think that knowledge is easily found, if one asks. So a test on beyblade wouldn't exactly be too effective, since one can simply wrote learn the answers, or google/Beywiki them.

I think it's sufficient as it is now.
Haha, interesting.I wonder how many people will pass, and how strict the limitations are for that, if i may, "superior" forum.And do those intellectual people need to be online very much, or doesn't it matter that much, except that of wich you have stated in the anouncement?
countdudoo Wrote:Would it make sense to create a test to prove the worthiness of a member? And if said member passed, a PM could be sent to a mod so they can consider them? I think it sounds fun.

(Nov. 24, 2010  7:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: However, don’t beg for it, the Committee will choose the members who deserve it along the way as they post and post!

The concept was very simple. Some of you are not necessarily starting on the right path if you think there should be a test.

BlueTsunami Wrote:And do those intellectual people need to be online very much, or doesn't it matter that much, except that of wich you have stated in the anouncement?
No. If they used to post enough to show their knowledge yet have recently been mostly inactive, the fact that they know a lot about this hobby's workings will never really disappear : we make them Advanced Members anyway because if they ever do come back, even for one post, then it is certain that their knowledge is still there.
i hope to also one day be on this advanced forum. congrats to anyone who gets put into this.
all right but do we have to make another account or will you pick a hand full of us
(Nov. 28, 2010  3:38 AM)beybladejo123 Wrote: all right but do we have to make another account or will you pick a hand full of us
Why would you make another account, and where would that be implied ?
Ahah!
I tryed to understand for days why some members had a different graphic style name.
Congrats to Blah i really forgot to congratulate you & no that wasn't because you gave a warning to me it was just crazy with my paypal anyway i hope someday i become worthy enough