Testing and Winning Combos: Project: LIMBO

For those who don't know, me, Cindercast and JA Industries. are developing a format we are dubbing "Metal Fight Limbo".
The format has 2 goals: To be a very low-budget and easy-to-access format and to let parts that are unable to see success elsewhere have somewhere to shine.

The format's banlist can be found here:

For more information, join the discord server linked below.
oh yeah limbo
(Jan. 30, 2024  6:56 AM)Deadly_162 Wrote:
For those who don't know, me, Cindercast and JA Industries. are developing a format we are dubbing "Metal Fight Limbo".
The format has 2 goals: To be a very low-budget and easy-to-access format and to let parts that are unable to see success elsewhere have somewhere to shine.

Very epic, very cool
(Jan. 30, 2024  6:56 AM)Deadly_162 Wrote:

The rise of Raymond Gilson
Seems like this would be oddly stale... I'd imagine stuff like Thunder, Forbidden, Pisces, Sol and Nightmare would dominate the scene. Can't even think of a single attacker that'd be viable aside from maybe Gemios, Inferno or Tornado. Don't think any of those parts are easily accessible though which would defeat the whole purpose of this format. Once you get rid of those "good" but inaccessible parts... you've got Poison and Dark meta with Ray and Cyber as your only potential attackers.

Burn Earth and Lighting can be purchased for super cheap with mid fakes so honestly I'd focus around that (but once you get to that point it's basically limited but probably without libra and gravity lol)
(Feb. 01, 2024  8:08 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Seems like this would be oddly stale... I'd imagine stuff like Thunder, Forbidden, Pisces, Sol and Nightmare would dominate the scene. Can't even think of a single attacker that'd be viable aside from maybe Gemios, Inferno or Tornado. Don't think any of those parts are easily accessible though which would defeat the whole purpose of this format. Once you get rid of those "good" but inaccessible parts... you've got Poison and Dark meta with Ray and Cyber as your only potential attackers.

Burn Earth and Lighting can be purchased for super cheap with mid fakes so honestly I'd focus around that (but once you get to that point it's basically limited but probably without libra and gravity lol)
This format has several good attackers that keep it balanced, such as Storm, Meteo Rush and Assault, and Gargole. They aren't mentioned so I suppose I should bring them up. Currently, the BCIF is Storm RF and everything is trying to beat that. Sol and prehybrid Escolpio provide great defense, Infinity provides a solid mix of defense and stamina, Pisces has amazing stamina and Ray is good at just about everything. So, if anything, the format has a lot of diversity and jank that has yet to be explored.
my only question is how Cyber is worse than storm? and why is rock of all things banned?
(Feb. 01, 2024  11:42 PM)IamDohnut Wrote: my only question is how Cyber is worse than storm? and why is rock of all things banned?

Cyber is still very viable, but Storm has better stamina and gives similar (if not stronger) hits. Rock is banned because it's quite good in Metal Fight Limited and would sweep the entirety of LIMBO.
[Image: 20240224_172231.jpg?ex=65f662ea&is=65e3e...ffb5b3d53&]
Project: LIMBO - Event 1: Isolation WINNING COMBOS

1st Place: BladerGem
Proto Nemesis 100RS
Sol Wolf DF105CS
Ray Kerbecs LW105CF
Archer Bahamdia 90R²F
Killer Gemios W105CS

Gladiator Gargole 105RF
Escolpio 90RB
Pisces BD
Storm Giraffe 105RF (First Stage)
Sol Nemesis 90CS (First Stage)

3rd: Mago
Grand Cancer 100RS
L-Drago 85WF
Gemios 90RF

4th: AJinCA
Inferno Orion 90RF
Storm Giraffe 105HF/S
Proto Nemesis 105CS
Project LIMBO: Night Hawk Winning Combos
Lakewood, California - 03/17/2024

1st - Shindog
Storm Lacerta LW105RF
Cyclone Susanow LW105RF
Ray Kerbecs 90 CS
Ray Kerbecs 85 CS
Pisces 85 MB
Pisces B: D
Sol Aquario 90 RS
Meteo L-DragoII (Assault) DF105GCF
Inferno Cygnus SR200 CS
Inferno Cygnus SR200 MF
Forbidden Cygnus SR200 CS
Forbidden Cygnus SR200 MF
Gemios A230RF
Wolf 85MF

2nd JefftheWizard
Nightmare UnicornoI 85R2F
Thunder Cancer 90RS
Killer Cygnus B: D

3rd - Cindercast
Cyclone Susanow 90RF
Storm Giraffe DF105R2F
Grand Aquario LW105CS

4th - A-PAC
Storm Susanow 85MF
Killer LeoneI 85CS
Escolpio B: D
Meteo L-DragoII (Assault) DF105LRF
Ray Kerbecs R145CF
HasProto Nemesis 105RS

Thank you everyone for coming out. The general consensus was that everyone enjoyed the format Chief - Idea!. Will see about more progressions regarding legal parts potentially in upcoming events. Thank you to everyone supporting Project: LIMBO!
(Mar. 18, 2024  3:06 AM)Cindercast Wrote: Project LIMBO: Night Hawk Winning Combos
Lakewood, California - 03/17/2024

1st - Shindog
Storm Lacerta LW105RF
Cyclone Susanow LW105RF
Ray Kerbecs 90 CS
Ray Kerbecs 85 CS
Pisces 85 MB
Sol Aquario 90 RS
Meteo L-DragoII (Assault) DF105GCF
Inferno Cygnus SR200 CS
Inferno Cygnus SR200 MF
Forbidden Cygnus SR200 CS
Forbidden Cygnus SR200 MF
Gemios A230RF
Wolf 85MF

2nd JefftheWizard
Nightmare UnicornoI 85R2F
Thunder Cancer 90RS
Killer Cygnus B: D

3rd - Cindercast
Cyclone Susanow 90RF
Storm Giraffe DF105R2F
Grand Aquario LW105CS

4th - A-PAC
Storm Susanow 85MF
Killer LeoneI 85CS
Escolpio B: D
Meteo L-DragoII (Assault) DF105LRF
Ray Kerbecs R145CF
HasProto Nemesis 105RS

Thank you everyone for coming out. The general consensus was that everyone enjoyed the format  Chief - Idea!. Will see about more progressions regarding legal parts potentially in upcoming events. Thank you to everyone supporting Project: LIMBO!
Some limbo footage thanks to Virtuous Circle!

https://youtu.be/jXJs9Enx4g8?si=htUPsV1CpeeRFOLe

https://youtu.be/JaFLl0sxvZo?si=rvaGUKsjIPHOxadh
NC Project Red Metal #4 [Project: LIMBO] - Dethrone (Summit Stadium Event)
Rockwell, North Carolina (03/23/2024)
Metal Fight LIMBO Format (5 person club format round robin, first to three deck format)

1st: Fire blader07
Cyber Susanow 100RF
L-Drago LW105WD
Dark Aquario 90RS

This event was smaller than anticipated due to multiple last minute dropouts and how long the preceding Burst Classic tournament ran due to unexpected delays. I was not able to play in this event due to the time constraints, which although unfortunate, did mean I was able to see a lot of what people were using. Several players opted to run SR200 today (some more successful than others), while others brought things like PHW L-Drago to counter it, similar to the HasMeteo VS Flame 230 matchup in MFL. As expected, Storm was a popular choice for attack combos, but other attack options were also used. Stamina is usable and balanced as attack hard checks it. Overall, those who stuck around to play the format seemed to enjoy it, and I look forward to hosting it again in the future!