Testing all the special Burst launchers for average RPM

(Dec. 02, 2016  3:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2016  9:58 AM)bdablader95 Wrote: Sorry for the late reply. Toys R Us just put me as full time plus its finals week at my college and I'm taking 4 classes lol.

Heres a test video. If you would like any more information on the Tachometer I'm using, feel free to ask.

It looks like you forgot to add the video hah.

Oh dang my bad lol. I've gotten 6 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours XS here's the link:
https://youtu.be/fw2_q1fYxwY

I can already smell the rage over the dish I used lol.
Ah, the comment on YouTube is right in that you used Rising Ragnaruk, not Storm Spriggan hah.

I do not know why anybody would complain about the dish you used: it is not an official stadum, but it is certainly the material that provides the least friction and, therefore, the smallest loss of RPM while you fetch the tachometre right after launching. Plus, with the walls over the Burst BeyStadium, it would just be cumbersome.
(Dec. 03, 2016  4:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, the comment on YouTube is right in that you used Rising Ragnaruk, not Storm Spriggan hah.

I do not know why anybody would complain about the dish you used: it is not an official stadum, but it is certainly the material that provides the least friction and, therefore, the smallest loss of RPM while you fetch the tachometre right after launching. Plus, with the walls over the Burst BeyStadium, it would just be cumbersome.
ALL I'VE HEARD ARE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE NAME XD

Lol the dish works wonders. If anyone can properly read the Tachometer I'm using, feel free to contact me.
Sorry for the double post, but it has been a LONG time since I touched this lol.
It comes with great sadness that I will NOT be able to test the Sword launcher. Today I started my tests after a long delay and was met with an obvious surprise:
THE SWORD LAUNCHER ISN'T RELIABLE.
It jams way too much and because of that, its impossible to get ANY accurate readings. I've disassembled, greased, and even removed the limiter on it and it STILL jams.

After rough testing without any math, the Speed Launcher and Long Winder seem to be the best. Stay tuned for more.
(Jan. 03, 2017  5:40 AM)bdablader95 Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but it has been a LONG time since I touched this lol.
It comes with great sadness that I will NOT be able to test the Sword launcher. Today I started my tests after a long delay and was met with an obvious surprise:
It jams way too much and because of that, its impossible to get ANY accurate readings. I've disassembled, greased, and even removed the limiter on it and it STILL jams.

After rough testing without any math, the Speed Launcher and Long Winder seem to be the best. Stay tuned for more.

well, that's a shame! I have a more consistent launch power in my sword launcher than my beylauncher

Are the gears or the teeth of the ripcord ok?
(Jan. 03, 2017  9:12 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: well, that's a shame! I have a more consistent launch power in my sword launcher than my beylauncher

Are the gears or the teeth of the ripcord ok?

Everything is (now was) mint OOB. For whatever reason, it just jams HARD. Like, I actually have to unscrew the launcher to get the cord out.
Looks like I'm waiting for the new independent release of the launcher in March Uncertain
The only thing consistent about the sword launcher is that it breaks, haha

It's neat that the launcher game has become varied in burst: having actually used the heavy launcher with Kei, it most definitely isn't trash, and much like with the 'control' mode of the sword launcher, you can get some really sweet attack control, though against a long winder in a def or stamina battle, you are at a clear disadvantage in terms of launch strength from the get go.

Personally, if I were to be stuck with a launcher for an entire match, I'd much rather stick with the all-rounder that is the light launcher-long winder combo, rather than place an only situationally useful upper limit on my launch rpm with the heavy or sacrifice control for pure rpm with the speed launcher coupled with the risk of accidentally punching out a judge while launching.

If heavy can get more people using attack type then I'm 100% for it tbh
(Jan. 03, 2017  5:40 AM)bdablader95 Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but it has been a LONG time since I touched this lol.
It jams way too much and because of that, its impossible to get ANY accurate readings.  I've disassembled, greased, and even removed the limiter on it and it STILL jams.

After rough testing without any math, the Speed Launcher and Long Winder seem to be the best.  Stay tuned for more.

Wait. When you say you removed the limiter. What do you mean by that? Like which part in particular.

Also I was thinking about this about a month ago. The difference in performance from the different gear ratios would be outweighed by the string length and time to pull ratio. 

That might not make sense so I'll run numbers.
Let's say we have 
Launcher A has a 2:3 gear ratio
Launcher B has a 3:4 gear ratio
Launcher C has a 4:5 gear ratio
Now if they all had the same string length and you pulled them all at the same speed Launcher A would have the higher RPM and that'd correspond to the Heavy launcher IF they had the same string length. The problem is that their actual string lengths are very different and although I don't factor in time I can assume that everyone would fully extend the spring around roughly a second regardless of which launcher they use.So what's this all mean? 

tl;dr String length is probably going to affect RPM more than gear ratio, esp if you can extend the string especially fast. 
(P.S. if anyone wants to take apart launchers and count the teeth on the gears I can give like actual numerical comparisons)