[Test Results] Phantom Cancer B:D vs 230D

I have seen a few discussion threads about B:D and some links to some external testing. I've always wondered about 230D as the 3rd tier recomendation for Phantom in the Competative Metal Combos. Well here is my first test result on the subject. Yes, I know, I tested it against a very strange combo, but it was what I playing around with when I had the thought to test. So, for what it's worth:

Test Setup
BB-10 Attack Stadium (Black)
3 Segment Launcher Grip
Beylauncher

Phantom Cancer 230D vs. Poison Aquario S130BS
Phantom Wins = 6
Poison Wins = 4

Phantom Cancer B:D vs. Poison Aquario S130BS
Phanotm Wins = 9
Poison Wins = 1
1.The combo you tested againest sucks(Poison Aquario S130BS)
2.What were the wins OS or KO or both?
3.We know that Phantom Cancer 230D is good
This doesn't need a thread,We already know Phantom Cancer BGrin and 230D are good,and the combo you tested it against is terrible
(Nov. 13, 2012  12:26 AM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: 1.The combo you tested againest sucks(Poison Aquario S130BS)

I know, that's why I prefaced my post by essentially saying so. Having said that, I saw that it was beating Phantom Cancer 230D more than I thought it should have; that is why I decided to compare it with the B:D bottom.

(Nov. 13, 2012  12:26 AM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: 2.What were the wins OS or KO or both?

I realized afterwards that I forgot to record those. I will remember next time.

(Nov. 13, 2012  12:26 AM)Bobmcdoogal Wrote: 3.We know that Phantom Cancer 230D is good

Perhaps, but against a combo that "sucks" B:D outpermed it.
Poison Aquario S130BS? No comment...
(Nov. 13, 2012  1:07 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: This doesn't need a thread,We already know Phantom Cancer B:D and 230D are good,and the combo you tested it against is terrible

It appears to me that 230D is believed to be better than B:D with Phantom Cancer. I'm not sure that is correct. I know my little test was very limited, but again, against a "terrible" combo B:D performed better than 230D.

As a side note, I am amazed at how often on this forum there is a call for more contributions followed by less than constructive criticism of those who do. Just sayin'.
When you bring rotten food to a donation drive, they turn you away.

Necessity does not validate the absence of quality.
(Nov. 13, 2012  1:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: When you bring rotten food to a donation drive, they turn you away.

Wow! My mistake. (sarcasm)
Ironically, I have asked in the past for suggestions of what to test and was told to come up something myself. I have seen several threads where people have asked if B:D was competatively viable and the consensus was NO. However, 230D is listed as a top tier combo with Phantom Cancer. Funny how it didn't perform so well against "rotten food" though.
When they said come up with it yourself im guessing they meant a good combo.
(Nov. 13, 2012  1:28 AM)spunoutalive Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2012  1:22 AM)Hazel Wrote: When you bring rotten food to a donation drive, they turn you away.

Wow! My mistake. (sarcasm)
Ironically, I have asked in the past for suggestions of what to test and was told to come up something myself. I have seen several threads where people have asked if B: D was competatively viable and the consensus was NO. However, 230D is listed as a top tier combo with Phantom Cancer. Funny how it didn't perform so well against "rotten food" though.

It's not as though we have a top tier list of the best combos to use and test against arranged by type, or anything.

Oh, wait.

Furthermore, you only provided 10 tests, which is half of the required minimum. You have done no work of any kind worth note, and further to the point, if you're losing to Poison S130BS using a 230D combo, that's purely user error, not something that should at all be happening.

Even further expanding upon why this is a farce, it's quite simple to come up with goofy combos that interact strangely with top tier ones - but the fact is, there's no way those tests would ever be acceptable.

If you'd like to see valid tests on these things, they do exist - and so does a rather large amount of explanation as to why B: D is considered a bad risk in a BB-10 tournament scenario. You being lazy is not an excuse for a bad thread.