Technical Support

IMPORTANT: This forum is only for questions regarding the World Beyblade Organization, not Beyblade in general. For that sort of questions, use the "Ask a question, get an answer!" topic in the Beyblade General forum. If you do not follow this rule, you will be given a warning and might get suspended for a certain period.
I'll leave this here, just in case. I don't wanna delete it because it's important.

--

Okay, I'll be honest, this forum lacked a thread or section for technical help, which is kinda what I need atm. I dunno if it's just me and/or my computer, but I've found some things that haven't been working since the first day I joined. If this thread isn't in the right section, please do not hesitate to lock or delete this thread.

The MyBB is giving me a hard time with the stuff here and refuses to let me do certain actions, like making my Battle Profile to earn BeyPoints, subscribing to threads, or trying to post from the Quick Message box. And the Help section doesn't give me the information I need to get around it. What should I do?
I thought you were going to talk about the annoying MyBB MySQL error again, hah.

Hm, how are you even trying to make your Battle Profile ? You are not supposed to make it, it is just there for you already when you sign up, and you can only gain or lose Beypoints when a Committee Member processes the battles from an approved tournament.

Subscription has always been a problem on almost every MyBB forum. Most of the time, it is simply random : for instance, I somehow get subscribed to some threads I post in, but not all of them, and I might not be getting email notifications for all of them either. There might be a solution, however we are unfortunately not ready to upgrade to the latest version of MyBB yet. Plus, that might not even fix it completely.

You should fully be able to post using the Quick Reply box. What happens when you try ?

I think you should change the title of this topic to "Technical Support" or something similar to that.
I'm about to do it right now.

-If you see this message, that means it fails and had to click the "Post Reply" button above the last post.-
No, it didn't work. I get some weird pop-up window that says :
Stupid pop-up box Wrote:There was an error posting your reply:

Invalid forum

--
Also, yeah, it's the MyBB MySQL error. Sorry, I didn't think it was normal.

--
And done. I urge anyone who reads this thread to post any bugs or errors you encounter in the forum. Just in case. This is about the forum only. No Beyblade, anime, manga, games, non-Beyblade, and questions on how the forum works. Read the Help section on the upper-right corner of the bar for that last part.
This is a test.

See, for the first time I used the Quick Reply and it worked. Has it worked for you ? I did not understand from your latest post if the problem was caused by the MyBB MySQL error. I do not know why it would say "Invalid forum" though.
If you posted that test via Quick Reply, still didn't work for me...
Hm, could anyone else who is not a staff member tell me if the Quick Reply option does not work ?
The Quick Reply has worked fine for me, and I have been using it since Day 1.

Every now and then, it takes a bit longer to load, and occasionally doesn't post at all, or does post and sends me back to the first page so I don't know. Randomly, it multiplies the times that I clicked the post button by 3 or 4. But it works fine 96% of the time.
To be honest, it used to work for me at first. Probably my second day (...how long have I been here again? 5, 4 days?), it stopped working again....Or was it my third day, I forgot.
You should try cleaning your cookies and browser cache, logging out then in, something like that ...
I JUST did that, and it still doesn't work.

On a side note, WOAH, I'm subscribed to this thread now. Even got an e-mail for it.
I really do not know how it could be working for everyone else but you, hah.
Testing.

Edit: It worked. I think was because of something in my settings. I checked the box "Display posts In classic mode", and then tried to post. As you can see, it worked. That must've been the thing I clicked by accident and forgot what it was.
It's been a while since I used this.

One of my threads in the WBO Organized Play forum, WBO General section, North American sub-section, got deleted...or removed...or just straight-up disappeared. It was the [New Jersey] WBO's Garden State Bladers thread (the one kira1 returned to troll in). Weird thing is that it's not in the Closed Topics section. When I try to access my old posts in those threads, I get a sort this error:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
[*]Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
[*]You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
[*]Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Kaji Motomiya'

So did my thread get deleted?
Your topic was erased, yes. Perhaps it was a mistake, or perhaps there were just too many "incentives" for Brian Bennett/kira1 to come and post again ... Or because the majority of the posts would have been erased anyway.
I understand if that's the fact. I wanted to represent New Jersey the right way, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that now because of...yeah. But anyway, thank you for at least giving me an explanation for it.
how do i put my own avata picture on display and how do i change the time zone
To change your avatar go to: My Settings > Change Avatar (on the left) > Custom Avatar; then upload your own or specify a URL.

To change time zone go to: My Settings > Edit Options (on the left) > Date and Time Options.
how and where can i find all the forbidden beyblade cos i need to know which ones rnt allowed to use
(Jun. 28, 2011  4:08 PM)jaydevilman Wrote: how and where can i find all the forbidden beyblade cos i need to know which ones rnt allowed to use

If you read this: http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

You'll find them listed over there.
in the beyblade standard rules its not telling me which beyblades r not and can be used in beybattles and i would also like to know if there will be another beyblade tournament in perth again Stupid
(Jul. 07, 2011  6:16 AM)jaydevilman Wrote: in the beyblade standard rules its not telling me which beyblades r not and can be used in beybattles and i would also like to know if there will be another beyblade tournament in perth again Stupid

If it is not telling you that you cannot use a certain Beyblade, then you can use it ...

Look at the WBO General forum.
I tryed to make a thread in the off-topic forums 4 TIMES, but it ALWAYS never shows up!!!
All threads made there need approval now due to the rise of the SPAM bots ...
Try to read the clear, stickied topics next time ...
i posted in the Build Me a Combo thread #2 about some top tier combos i can make, since i have aquired more beys and my combos are bound to change. It said that Janstarblast replied to my post at some point but when I looked it wasnt there. Then I looked at all of his most recent posts and I clicked on his most recent post on the Combo thread. Wen I clicked it it just took me to page 1 of the combo thread. normally i should have taken me directly to the post he made. what is going on? And for the record this isnt the 1st time something like this has happended to me.

EDIT: Now my post in "Build me a combo" has dissapeared and everytime i click a thread to go to the last post it just takes me to the OP on the 1st page. I have already signed out and signed back in and even restarted my laptop. i have also logged on to the WBO on other devices and I am still expieriencing the same problems.