Takara-Tomy WBBA Weight Limit: 47g (WBBA Rules Update)

(Apr. 29, 2009  11:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The rule is basically: Don't use Libra Wheel with Metal Face.
Why dont we make this the WBO rule?
I vote this rule to be introduced, we don't want another Wolborg MS.
I like this rule, but currently the only thing it does is make RF harder to beat.
I totally agree with this rule. I was wondering when they'd instigate a rule like this, epecially now that the metal faces have been released.
We need to ban Rubber Flat while we're at it guys Grin
I think it's a good idea but it's been implemented to early on. I think we should wait and see what else TT brings us. They're should be loads more good parts and customizations coming our way. Grin
I don't like this rule, why release parts if you can't use them to their fullest? If you don't when someone to use them, don't use release them. TBH, it kinda pisses me off. I won't be too happy if we adopt the rule. >.> Why don't they just release good attack or spin stealer parts to even the field? their lazy =P
So are we just going to ban any parts that come along that make the game harder?
(Apr. 29, 2009  8:58 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: So are we just going to ban any parts that come along that make the game harder?

yes. you figured us out.
Yeah.
This could be a rule for the restricted MFB battles, though I doubt we would need it since Libra's wheel will probably get banned anyway. Just don't ever do this for regular matches.
Wondering, if any of these limits or restrictions are to be implemented, will it be before Beyday? :\
I just first want to see how RF holds up against Libra with the Metal Face. If Libra still loses somewhat consistently then I don't see the point. We need something to go up against RF.
For WBO, imo this rule of Max. Weight=47g should only apply in restricted format.
(Apr. 29, 2009  9:02 PM)Rocky Wrote: Wondering, if any of these limits or restrictions are to be implemented, will it be before Beyday? :\

Doubtful.
(Apr. 29, 2009  9:20 PM)Aqua Wrote: For WBO, imo this rule of Max. Weight=47g should only apply in restricted format.

If we have a restricted format, we probably wouldn't need a weight limit.
I think that just using MF with Libra is appropriate. If people just start using MF Libra, the battles will just come down to luck. Just distill the rule to NO MF LIBRAS and you'll be fine.
just a question

have any of you actually watched storm peg vs libra?
Why don't we just have a vote?
(Apr. 30, 2009  12:19 AM)blader9 Wrote: Why don't we just have a vote?

Because that's not how we work.
(Apr. 29, 2009  6:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It seems that Metal Face was released in order to stop the domination of Libra-based combos. Now any Beyblade can have the Metal Face added and compete with Libra.

This is likely the purpose of the entire rule. I understand what Takara-Tomy is attempting to do with this change, but Storm Pegasis and other RF customs are able to beat Libra with the use of Sliding Shoot. How will the Metal Face affect this? We don't know yet.

We should wait to see how Metal Face + Libra fares against RF customs before we decide anything. That being said, I am against the implementation of this rule; as mentioned, Libra is not unbeatable. It does give non-RF based customs a higher chance of competing with it, but that doesn't matter.

How much does the Libra from RBV2 weigh? I know it weighs a few grams less. Would the same combo Brad mentioned with that mold be over the weight limit (Metal Face Libra (second mold) WD145WB)?
(Apr. 30, 2009  12:22 AM)Kei Wrote: How much does the Libra from RBV2 weigh? I know it weighs a few grams less. Would the same combo Brad mentioned with that mold be over the weight limit (Metal Face Libra (second mold) WD145WB)?

I think the second mold was 41g, whereas the original was 43g.

So yes it would still be over the weight limit.
This rule seems to be quite sensitive, because the rule only disqualifies Libra from using the metal face, it would seem as if we're be restricted from certain advantages that could help us win. Personally, I've never like how a lot of the MFB are coming out in almost circular shapes, but with Libra being as heavy as it is already, it becomes necessary to limit a beyblade's capabilities.

The problem I find with this though lies in Takara-Tomy's thinking. Why would they release products and then ban them from certain play? "Here you go kids, two new metal faces you bought. But oh yea, you can't use it with Libra because now it will win every match."

Isn't that sort of the point? If they were going to put a weight limit on the blades, they should have done it in the beginning. I understand it would be hard for them to see the future problem, but by allowing this rule to come in, I hope they don't begin a trend where numerous amounts of blades cannot be set up a certain way. If you bought a certain product that was designed to be used with another product, and then a month later they tell you that you can't use it, it makes me hold a little bit of a grudge against the company I bought the toy from.

Nevertheless, I understand the reasoning behind this. Libra simply just dominates the game right now, but why not wait for blades that will be able to beat it later? I find that might take a while for this to happen...just with how obvious it is that Libra is just so dominate...

I think the rule is fair for the game itself, but unfair on the company's behalf.

EDIT: I know Libra can be beaten, but wit the metal face it seems grim...
(Apr. 29, 2009  11:25 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: just a question

have any of you actually watched storm peg vs libra?

Do a lot of people in this community have storm peg. yet? If getting a hold on it was easier I wouldn't feel so defeated. As is, it sort of feels like the tournament will be really libra heavy. Then again, I have no idea how common libra is either :\