[Takara Tomy]  Testing Wave'/High Wave' in Burst Classic

After recently acquiring both Wave' and High Wave' for Burst Standard BDr-less testing, I decided to try them out in this format. I was messing with many different setups, which lead me to notice that Wave' was particularly good at same spin Stamina/Defense and had an interesting height advantage, while High Wave' also had an added benefit of Burst Attack mixed in at the cost of needing more balance tuning.

Note
All testing was performed in the B-09 Burst Standard Type Stadium with a DB String launcher.
I do not have access to Hasbro parts and so I could not test against all the extra spicy Hasbro stuff, so I stuck to basic Takara Tomy based tests.

To start off the testing, I wanted to do a basic mirror matchup with Wave' going against Revolve. Here is how the testing went:

Acid Anubis Gravity Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity Revolve (Wave' launched first every round)
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
[At this point I launched lighter to try and get some pure OS results rather than bursts]
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by OS (clear win)
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst 
Wave' WR: 100% (9 burst, 1 OS)

The extra height advantage that Wave' had allowed the disc to make decently regular contact with Revolve's layer, which in turn made it burst almost every round, even on very low RPM. Honestly, I would love if someone with Revolve' could test this for me just to see. Though, I will also note that on the low RPM bursts it was leading to a Wave' OS regardless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With those results going quite surprisingly, I decided to test it against Orbit this time, to see if it could handle Wave' better. Orbit is one of the strongest Stamina drivers in this format still and some versions can be quite burst resistant.

Acid Anubis Gravity Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity Orbit (Wave' launched first every round)
[Started first 5 rounds with light launches]
Wave' wins by Burst
Orbit wins by OS (very close)
Orbit wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
[Normal launches now]
Wave' wins by OS
Orbit wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS (extremely close, almost draw)
Wave' wins by OS (extremely close, almost draw)
Wave' WR: 70% (7 OS)

So, it was clear that Orbit could hold on much better in terms of bursting, with absolutely no bursts happening here at all. That being said, while it could occasionally destabilise Wave', it would tend to lose on raw stamina if it failed to do so. So generally, Wave' seems very strong here as well, with the additional height allowing for very close wins even when it loses its balance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To take this to an absolutely clear testing in Stamina, I wanted to see how well it did against the scary Bearing Drift driver, which has terrorised a lot of Burst players across quite a few formats. 

Acid Anubis Gravity Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity Bearing Drift (Wave' launch first and then alternating between the two)
Bearing Drift OS (clear win)
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by OS
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' WR: 90% (5 OS, 4 Burst)

So, Wave' managed to beat down on Bearing Drift by using its height advantage and forced Bearing Drift into an LAD state very easily and also managed to burst it often due to the height advantage. The only time it lost was in the first match, where Bearing Drift managed to break free of Wave' grinding it down and allowed Wave' to topple itself over. As you can see though, this did not happen again, as Wave' was able to consistently handle Bearing Drift, even when being launched second.

After these stamina-based tests, I wanted to see how well it could handle a KO attack type. Generally, Wave' seems to have some tank-like defensive capabilities on top of its stamina power, so I wanted to confirm this theory. 

Acid Anubis Gravity Wave' vs Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme' (A2 launched first, WBBA X', 90% fresh, Valkyrie has semi worn teeth)
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Valkyrie wins by KO
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Acid Anubis wins by KO
Acid Anubis wins by Burst
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Valkyrie wins by KO
Acid Anubis wins by KO
Wave' WR: 80% (4 OS, 2 KO, 2 Burst)

These results did confirm that Wave' can tank hits quite well, especially considering it was against a Valkyrie KO attack combo. While it had burst Valkyrie a couple of times, the majority of the wins were out-spins that were caused by tanking every hit given by Valkyrie and out-spinning it. I am thoroughly impressed at this point, so I figured it was time to test the High variant of Wave' to see how it fares in similar matchups.

Acid Anubis Gravity Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity High Wave' (Wave' launch first then alternate)
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' wins by KO
High Wave' wins by OS
High Wave' wins by OS
High Wave' wins by OS
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
Wave' WR: 10% (1 KO)
High Wave' WR: 90% (3 OS, 6 Burst)

This result, while not entirely surprising, was still quite interesting. High Wave' seemed to take the idea of Wave' having the height advantage and turned it to the max. While it did struggle more with balance occasionally, it was quite consistently able to out-spin Wave'. However, the even more interesting thing to me was how often it was able to burst Wave'. Even though both were on dash springs, High Wave' was able to make pure contact with its disc against the opponents' layer, leading to very consistent burst finishes.

So the next course of action for me was to test against Orbit in a mirror matchup, as that driver held up the best against Wave'. Midway through the tests, I decided to swap to a different copy of Orbit to see if that would affect the results in any way.

Acid Anubis Gravity High Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity Orbit (High Wave' launched first, then alternating between the two)
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by OS
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
[CHANGED ORBIT COPY]
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by OS
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' wins by Burst
High Wave' WR: 100% (2 OS, 8 Burst)

An absolutely perfect sweep. Not only did it consistently burst even Orbit, which Wave' struggled to do, but the two times that it didn't, it just burst it near the end of the stamina battle. Very brutal and one sided matchup, Orbit somehow didn't stand a chance.

With the results being as dominant as they were, I wanted to see how High Wave' fared against KO attack in comparison to Wave'. Same setups as before, just with High Wave' replacing Wave'.

Acid Anubis Gravity High Wave' vs Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme' (A2 launched first, WBBA X', 90% fresh, Valkyrie has worn teeth)
Valkyrie wins by KO
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Acid Anubis wins by OS
High Wave' WR: 90% (3 OS, 6 Burst)

Yet again, a very clean sweep against Valkyrie. However, the interesting point is that while it had a similar win rate to Wave', it won in a completely different manner. Unlike Wave', which simply tanked attacks and aimed for an outspin, High Wave' would just burst Valkyrie constantly, whether on low or high RPM contact. The only times it didn't burst were either out-spins or the singular KO that Valkyrie managed to land, which is pretty remarkable. Yet again, it made a lot of disc contact, allowing for easy Burst finished.

Finally, I wanted to see if High Wave' could work well on a different combo, which was a Burst Attack focused combo similar to the Wolborg Bumper Bullet combo that Wombat had made ages ago. While I did not have Bumper at the time, I decided to use Down as it could work similarly. (Hound Dog is the same as Wolborg, just the Korean release)

Hound Dog Down High Wave' vs Acid Anubis Gravity Revolve (Hound Dog launched first and then alternating between the two)
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Acid Anubis wins by OS
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Hound Dog wins by Burst
Hound Dog WR: 60% (6 Bursts)

While Hound Dog did not have the same raw Stamina as Acid Anubis, it did induce even stronger Burst finishes, allowing for some very explosive Bursts. Interesting combo, though I personally feel like there are better parts suited to this purpose, the idea and results are still here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(side note, while I did not do any actual formal testing on it yet, Chaos performed very well on both, with very long solo spin times)

If there's any other tests or thoughts you would like to give, please comment or message me on the Discord, I will happily respond once I see the notification. Also, if anyone would like to test these combos or similar ones against the Hasbro combos that are commonly seen, please feel free to and I would appreciate you doing so.
I personally only have Wave’, but it's very good. Nice and tall so it can get other beys under it, nice defense as well, plus dash helps. I assume High Wave’ just further increases those stats with making the layer not in contact and increasing stamina + lessened recoil. Overall very nice to use.

It also just has good raw stamina to go against things like revolve, the only thing is when it tips it starts leaning over and eventually scrapes on that large ring it has on top.