[Takara Tomy]  Naked (Gen) Testing and Discussion

I mean this is probably also not worth bringing to Limited but I am testing anyways.

Naked Spriggan.Outer.Orbit Gen vs Drain Fafnir.Outer.Orbit
(Simultaneous launching)
NS.outer.O Gen: 3 wins (3 OS)
dF.outer.O: 7 (7 OS)
Ties: 1

eh I'm not in the mood to test LAD vs tN right now

Naked Spriggan.00Expand.Destroy' Gen vs Nightmare Longinus.angle.Jolt
(nL launched second)
NS.00E.Ds' Gen: 5 wins (5 OS)
nL.angle.Jl: 5 wins (1 OS, 4 KO)
Ties: 0
Notes: Honestly Naked is pretty tanky due to its circle shape and tall wall design. Could be OP.

Ok Naked turned out less effective in same spin than I imagined. This layer might be fine for Limited, depending on how it performs against Geist Fafnir in same spin stamina, but my hands hurt too much from the hand position required for simultaneous left spin launches.
How's it do on Drift? Shindog said something along the lines of Drift only being good on combos that were hard to burst, which Naked GEN would definitely fit the bill of. If you have 2 Drifts could you try nL.angle.Dr vs Naked (idk what disk works best here) Drift. If not, could you try Naked.Dr vs dF.Outer.R, and I guess your pick between hK, KO nL, and tN.assault?

(this is all assuming Naked is left spin, if not this post will make me look st*pid)
(May. 05, 2021  8:49 AM)Wombat Wrote: How's it do on Drift? Shindog said something along the lines of Drift only being good on combos that were hard to burst, which Naked GEN would definitely fit the bill of. If you have 2 Drifts could you try nL.angle.Dr vs Naked (idk what disk works best here) Drift. If not, could you try Naked.Dr vs dF.Outer.R, and I guess your pick between hK, KO nL, and tN.assault?

(this is all assuming Naked is left spin, if not this post will make me look st*pid)

Wait... did you not know Naked is left spin? That's kinda funny.

also I do not own Drift. I'll probably get Lucifer the End since Drift is OP and Lc2 is the coolest sparking chip. Though I'm not really sure why Drift would only be good on combos that are hard to burst, as Drift has a normal spring. Also yeah someone should probably test to see if Drift is OP on nL (and in general!), since Rage with Drift is apparently good.
I believe what I said was Drift was only successful in that one tournament when on near impossible to burst things.  I believe this is just what happened in the tournament.  It’s more of an observation.  When I put drift on gF, it exploded much.

I was asked to try both versions of gF.

https://youtu.be/DGgPcx18I40

https://youtu.be/KdQBInKt5vA
(May. 05, 2021  8:49 AM)Wombat Wrote: How's it do on Drift? Shindog said something along the lines of Drift only being good on combos that were hard to burst, which Naked GEN would definitely fit the bill of. If you have 2 Drifts could you try nL.angle.Dr vs Naked (idk what disk works best here) Drift. If not, could you try Naked.Dr vs dF.Outer.R, and I guess your pick between hK, KO nL, and tN.assault?

Naked Spriggan 00Expand Drift Gen VS Drain Fafnir Outer Revolve. 10 rounds, launches alternated.
Naked Spriggan: 60% (6 OS)
Drain Fafnir: 40% (4 OS)
Notes: Once you have the launch down, Drift is insane, even in same spin. This test really demonstrates that.

Naked Spriggan 00Expand Drift Gen VS (MGC, Upper Mode) Twin Nemesis 7Axe Assault'. 10 rounds, Naked launched first.
Naked Spriggan: 80% (8 OS)
Twin Nemesis: 20% (2 KOs)

Yes, Naked is a left spin base.