[Takara Tomy]  Imperial build?

Looking at competing soon, I want to bring Imperial with destroy dash, but don’t know what force disc or chip I should use. Suggestions?
I have regular success with the Valkyrie chip. As for the forge discs, both Sting and Around work quite well on this. Sting with the Valkyrie chip does well because it lines up with the rubber attack points at its connection. At its first click the Sting disc aligns perfectly with the base's design, easily noticeable underneath the bey. Around helps with general hitting power. I feel I get more KOs with the use of Around, but more stamina and general consistency from Sting. I like to alternate between these for fun, but whenever I've used it in a competitive way I select Sting.
I second the use of the valkyrie chip sting and even convert are both great disks to use with ds' convert is a good alternative to sting if you want to use sting on another combo in your deck
Imperial Achilles 00E Ds’ is a very solid combo overall IMO
Cheers guys. Given it’s an attack type, Will a hard launch be required everytime to get the most out of the bey?
(Jan. 06, 2020  9:47 PM)Jaygonx Wrote: Cheers guys. Given it’s an attack type, Will a hard launch be required everytime to get the most out of the bey?

No, but can you sliding shoot well?
(Jan. 06, 2020  11:19 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2020  9:47 PM)Jaygonx Wrote: Cheers guys. Given it’s an attack type, Will a hard launch be required everytime to get the most out of the bey?

No, but can you sliding shoot well?

Me, yes, my daughter who will be the one competing, not so much. 

I can teach her though. 

Is it the technique where you push the launcher rather than solely relying on pulling the cord/string?
(Jan. 07, 2020  1:24 AM)Jaygonx Wrote:
(Jan. 06, 2020  11:19 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: No, but can you sliding shoot well?

Me, yes, my daughter who will be the one competing, not so much. 

I can teach her though. 

Is it the technique where you push the launcher rather than solely relying on pulling the cord/string?
This technique is basically tilting your lancher diagonally so that it is parallel to the slope of the stadium. This causes the beyblade to move inward and outward in the shape of a flipped flower that has the pettles facing inward. With Ds' this is difficult so I don't see you getting this right away. You don't have to get the technique down unless you want to really expand the versitality of the combo. The combonation will do just fine without this skill but it's better to know it than not. Imperial on Destroy' has things it is good against and not good against so this won't be unbeatable. Just tell me if you want further depth and I'll write backGrin
(Jan. 07, 2020  2:40 AM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  1:24 AM)Jaygonx Wrote: Me, yes, my daughter who will be the one competing, not so much. 

I can teach her though. 

This technique is basically tilting your lancher diagonally so that it is parallel to the slope of the stadium. This causes the beyblade to move inward and outward in the shape of a flipped flower that has the pettles facing inward. With Ds' this is difficult so I don't see you getting this right away. You don't have to get the technique down unless you want to really expand the versitality of the combo. The combonation will do just fine without this skill but it's better to know it than not. Imperial on Destroy' has things it is good against and not good against so this won't be unbeatable. Just tell me if you want further depth and I'll write backGrin

Thanks dude. Yes please, if you could school me that would be epic Smile thanks so much!
I've had almost 100% success with my IDr2.St.Ds' - most of the time it would go to 2 clicks, but most of the time it kills most of the combos I pit it against. It does have some difficulties especially with destabilizing right spins like pP, but can smack left spins around like how JD did prior to the inclusion of Lord.

A hypothetical combo I'd look forward into testing is IDr2.Ar.Z'/U' since Around also has some LAD and attack potential as Sting, albeit a bit worse. I don't think you can customize Imperial with a lot of Drivers given that it raises any right spin Chip you use, rendering normal Drivers loose-clicking
(Jan. 07, 2020  5:54 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I've had almost 100% success with my IDr2.St.Ds' - most of the time it would go to 2 clicks, but most of the time it kills most of the combos I pit it against. It does have some difficulties especially with destabilizing right spins like pP, but can smack left spins around like how JD did prior to the inclusion of Lord.

A hypothetical combo I'd look forward into testing is IDr2.Ar.Z'/U' since Around also has some LAD and attack potential as Sting, albeit a bit worse. I don't think you can customize  Imperial with a lot of Drivers given that it raises any right spin Chip you use, rendering normal Drivers loose-clicking

The sting destroy dash combo is literally the one I had in mind lol. 

Does it play bad against right spins in general? What about Lord in right spin?
(Jan. 07, 2020  9:23 AM)Jaygonx Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2020  5:54 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I've had almost 100% success with my IDr2.St.Ds' - most of the time it would go to 2 clicks, but most of the time it kills most of the combos I pit it against. It does have some difficulties especially with destabilizing right spins like pP, but can smack left spins around like how JD did prior to the inclusion of Lord.

A hypothetical combo I'd look forward into testing is IDr2.Ar.Z'/U' since Around also has some LAD and attack potential as Sting, albeit a bit worse. I don't think you can customize  Imperial with a lot of Drivers given that it raises any right spin Chip you use, rendering normal Drivers loose-clicking

The sting destroy dash combo is literally the one I had in mind lol. 

Does it play bad against right spins in general? What about Lord in right spin?

Right now I'm running LS.Bl.Br on left spin and it does dominate IDr2(for obvious reasons). If I assume the same logic of LS on left spin winning almost 100% of the time against same spin Bases, then it will most probably win against IDr2 on right spin same spin matchups. 

The trick that worked for me to not letting LS get KO'd on Bearing too much is to tilt launch as it will right itself up momentarily on faster spins once it gets spin-equalization.

Anyways, back to IDr2.St.Ds': Ds' has its own weakness especially on the aggressiveness since it works somewhat like a flatter and taller Revolve. My only copy of Ds' has been quite worn down the star edges so that may have contributed to the docile nature it keeps on making (plus the overall weight of the Layer and Disk may have influenced it always going too early to the center). I've yet to check if Generate may do more damage/stamina than Ds', I'll let you know soon enough.

A hypothetical combo I'd look forward into testing is IDr2.Ar.Z'/U' since Around also has some LAD and attack potential as Sting, albeit a bit worse. I don't think you can customize Imperial with a lot of Drivers given that it raises any right spin Chip you use, rendering normal Drivers loose-clicking

LS doesn't counter JD. It's quite the opposite. JD can KO everything (including LS left)in the game consistently besides Zwei. A person that's really good with JD can sweep the entire first stage. IDr works well against right spin and on Ds' it can destabilize pP, you just need a good strong launch. It's main counters are left spin LAD, not the other way around. Ul' also works well on IDr including Z'. Impieral has good stamina so it works well on plastic type drivers.
What a great thread.
Curious as we are working up the knowledge on the meta combos as well. Had IDr2.Ar.D' as first option but have been playing around with IDr2.10V.At
Any thoughts on this combo setup?
Thanks in advance
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:20 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote: What a great thread.
Curious as we are working up the knowledge on the meta combos as well. Had IDr2.Ar.D' as first option but have been playing around with IDr2.10V.At
Thanks in advance

Don't use Vortex, since it's way too light. I'd say using Sting or Blitz is the best for that combo, but use 00B is you don't have Sting or Blitz. Otherwise, seems okay as a stationary attack type with some stamina, however bursting may or may not be an issue. I think the first combo you had was better because of Imperial's burst resistance issue, but if you want more stamina definitely use Atomic
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:44 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:20 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote: What a great thread.
Thanks in advance

Don't use Vortex, since it's way too light.  I'd say using Sting or Blitz is the best for that combo, but use 00B is you don't have Sting or Blitz.  Otherwise, seems okay as a stationary attack type with some stamina, however bursting may or may not be an issue.  I think the first combo you had was better because of Imperial's burst resistance issue, but if you want more stamina definitely use Atomic

I totally understand, thanks so much for the advise. 
We do have Sting, Blitz and Vanguard. 
So since Imperial has high attack, but a burst issue probably best to go with sting then. Where I loose 1 point on attack to Blitz, sting does gain 1 point on the stamina- but then attack "gets made up" by using the D'. Does that sound about right?

Does anyone know how Imperial would do with the new Generate driver (at 3/3/3:4/2) instead versus the IDr2.St.D'?  Our Master Diablo is soon to arrive.
(Jan. 12, 2020  4:09 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:44 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: Don't use Vortex, since it's way too light.  I'd say using Sting or Blitz is the best for that combo, but use 00B is you don't have Sting or Blitz.  Otherwise, seems okay as a stationary attack type with some stamina, however bursting may or may not be an issue.  I think the first combo you had was better because of Imperial's burst resistance issue, but if you want more stamina definitely use Atomic

I totally understand, thanks so much for the advise. 
So since Imperial has high attack, but a burst issue probably best to go with sting then. Where I loose 1 point on attack to Blitz, sting does gain 1 point on the stamina- but then attack "gets made up" by using the D'. Does that sound about right?

Does anyone know how Imperial would do with the new Generate driver (at 3/3/3:4/2) instead versus the IDr2.St.D'?  Our Master Diablo is soon to arrive.

Kind of makes sense, but the stats provided by TT don't mean much performance-wise. If the parts work well together, then they can work well even if they're TT stats are below average.
Generate is okay on Imperial, but it's not a dash driver so it isn't really the best for Imperial. Generate mainly just stalls then just goes in the center near the end, so I wouldn't call it too good of a driver either. Not trash, just not as good as Destroy' and Sting.
(Jan. 12, 2020  4:15 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  4:09 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote: I totally understand, thanks so much for the advise. 

Kind of makes sense, but the stats provided by TT don't mean much performance-wise.  If the parts work well together, then they can work well even if they're TT stats are below average.
Generate is okay on Imperial, but it's not a dash driver so it isn't really the best for Imperial.  Generate mainly just stalls then just goes in the center near the end, so I wouldn't call it too good of a driver either.  Not trash, just not as good as Destroy' and Sting.

Perfect, thanks for the advice on the generate driver. 
IDr2.St.Ds' it is so far.

Any recommendations on utilizing a better chip or chip/weight than the stock Dr2 that would keep the attack high and add in some teeth for anti-bursting?
(Jan. 12, 2020  5:03 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  4:15 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: Kind of makes sense, but the stats provided by TT don't mean much performance-wise.  If the parts work well together, then they can work well even if they're TT stats are below average.
Generate is okay on Imperial, but it's not a dash driver so it isn't really the best for Imperial.  Generate mainly just stalls then just goes in the center near the end, so I wouldn't call it too good of a driver either.  Not trash, just not as good as Destroy' and Sting.

Perfect, thanks for the advice on the generate driver. 

Any recommendations on utilizing a better chip or chip/weight than the stock Dr2 that would keep the attack high and add in some teeth for anti-bursting?

Dr2 is actually the best chip besides Achilles. Not much else you can do.
(Jan. 12, 2020  5:07 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  5:03 AM)BurstCity_kid Wrote: Perfect, thanks for the advice on the generate driver. 

Dr2 is actually the best chip besides Achilles. Not much else you can do.

Appreciate the info, Thank you!
IDr.St.Qc’ worked best for me
(Jan. 13, 2020  1:40 AM)Orpheus Wrote: IDr.St.Qc’ worked best for me

It would work with enough practice, along with other rubber-tipped Dash Drivers. But for casual or not too seasoned players, they can use Destroy' for a bit more LAD or probably Spiral' for the speed
Question?
If the Dragon2 chip seems to be the best chip so far. I have been noticing the Knockout odin chip replacing the Dr2 chip in a IO.00E.Ds’
Why the switch?
Are Odins teeth more aggressive on the driver than the D2 chip?
Is 00B a good/better alternative to 00E?
Thanks again!