[Takara Tomy]  Glide Ragnaruk Testing and Discussion

(Apr. 19, 2020  2:10 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: Has anyone tested GRg on stalling dash drivers like Z’ A’ etc? It seems to have a good shape for that and putting in it on something tighter than most drivers with maybe a disk like Outer to increase the Burst resistance and maybe stability because I have seen Wheel being a bit wobbly.

I feel like I've seen this kind of testing before. It might be in the product thread, but maybe I just remembered wrong.
henwooja1 that is a good idea. Stalling GRg on the chassis 1A (from SHy) could avoid attackers in the first dangerous seconds and then have enough burst resistance to win.

As CitrusNinja3 said a double chassis should be better than a semi chassis / disc combo.
(Apr. 17, 2020  8:47 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: GRg big weakness is that he bursts often (as can be seen in many YT videos of Jojo, Drago etc. - especially against SHy or even JJ). We need a heavy top (which we have with the new superking semi-chassis 1S) and a lightweight bottom with... for example 12. Jojo achieveved something similar by swapping 1S with 1A and thus removing the heavy Wheel disc from GRg. Inertia theory: in case of a collisin the top stops to spin,  but the disc continues spinning -> impact force leads to skipped teeth. 

Empty your mind... if You put water into a cup it becomes the cup.

Never say a part is totally useless. Instead think about new combos. It is easy to quote wikis, but hard to find innovative combos.

And now stop arguing... start testing :-)

There are disks that aren't that heavy but still a lot better then 12. Also give it a freaking Dash Driver if you want burst resistance.

Also 12 is just atrocious
Ok, so lets try a dash driver. Fusion', Liner' or any other stamina dash driver you can offer.

But let's keep the 12 disc. Its the lightest disc. Period. And if you did not notice,  GRg performed better with 12 than with Wheel versus JudgementD... twice as good to be exact.
(Apr. 19, 2020  4:46 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Ok, so lets try a dash driver. Fusion', Liner' or any other stamina dash driver you can offer.

But let's keep the 12 disc. Its the lightest disc. Period. And if you did not notice,  GRg performed better with 12 than with Wheel versus JudgementD... twice as good to be exact.

I wouldn’t even use wheel on GRg. I’d use something like 00Cross in Xtend+, and against defense/stamina types it does well. Also, fusion’ and liner’ are both balance type drivers.
(Apr. 19, 2020  4:46 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Ok, so lets try a dash driver. Fusion', Liner' or any other stamina dash driver you can offer.

Still bursted five times...and also won't beat stamina combos
Dude, there's not a single stamina dash driver,  so balance drivers dash are the only way to make it more burst resistant. But ok lets stop trying to  turn GRg into a defense bey ;)

Further test requests welcome... back to topic.
(Apr. 11, 2020  3:48 AM)Ares77 Wrote: Im getting back into beyblade and I was wondering is Spriggan requiem is still a viable layer?

(Apr. 19, 2020  5:18 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

I wouldn’t even use wheel on GRg. I’d use something like 00Cross in Xtend+, and against defense/stamina types it does well. Also, fusion’ and liner’ are both balance type drivers.
Glide Hyperion 2A XT+ literally has never bursted no matter what bey I put it up against. I think it reclicks itself in battle because it takes the most hardest hits I've ever seen.
I've been testing Glide Hyperion 2A on a lot of different drivers, Such as XT+, Keep', and even tried Universe. All in all I feel that Glide Hyperion 2A has a lot of potential. It just comes down to finding the right driver for the combo. XT+ is arguably one of the best drivers in the game right now. But, then when you use it you feel like its all the driver doing the work so then you wonder if you should just be using other layers and disks with it instead.
A good combo for Glide Ragnarok is Glide Hyperion 2A xtend+ this combo can be better if u use curse instead of glide but yah feel free to test it out thx...
(Jun. 17, 2020  7:50 PM)Yalldodo Wrote: A good combo for Glide Ragnarok is Glide Hyperion 2A xtend+ this combo can be better if u use curse instead of glide but yah feel free to test it out thx...
Yeah but that combo for me at least in my testing is far less stronger than BHy Xt+ 2A since the KO motion is far less in a sense. And also GRg Ig' 1s is probably the best glide combo out there but still not sure
Could someone see if Glide Lucifer Bearing 2D does better than Curse Lucifer Bearing 2D? I recommend testing both combos against Rage Longinus Quick’ 3A, and give Rage a sliding shoot.
(Sep. 08, 2020  8:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Could someone see if Glide Lucifer Bearing 2D does better than Curse Lucifer Bearing 2D? I recommend testing both combos against Rage Longinus Quick’ 3A, and give Rage a sliding shoot.
Awakened or not and I have Jolt' that is the closest
Try Glide Hyperion 1D hybrid (that one was successful in the tournaments that me and my friends have) against Mirage Fafnir 2D bearing
(Sep. 08, 2020  11:34 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2020  8:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Could someone see if Glide Lucifer Bearing 2D does better than Curse Lucifer Bearing 2D? I recommend testing both combos against Rage Longinus Quick’ 3A, and give Rage a sliding shoot.
Awakened or not and I have Jolt' that is the closest

Not awakened. Jolt’ works here. I also need the testing in a Takara Tomy Standard Stadium.
Nvm then lol
While i cant do/show intricate tests atm (school is in the way), but i have been tinkering on one glide combo in my ow time even though the meta and basically everyone else has told be "leo no dont there are way better options" but im deaf and i cant listen to common sense.
the combo is GRg.13F.Ab 1S. The flow is from dC in the GCS and the Ab is from Geist Fafnir, if that matters.
Now, this combo sounds unbalanced, wack, and probably has weak teeth, right? well, from my testing it doesn't, or maybe i just get better molds, idk.
i DO sliding shoot it on an angle to get absorbs gimmick to start and it ACTUALLY works as intended, then it gets in the middle of the stadium and doesn't burst easily. It seems to counter-balance the uneven-ness of 13F from the 3 wings on GRg. I'll get back to this when i can do in-depth testing.
(Sep. 10, 2020  7:17 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: While i cant do/show intricate tests atm (school is in the way), but i have been tinkering on one glide combo in my ow time even though the meta and basically everyone else has told be "leo no dont there are way better options" but im deaf and i cant listen to common sense.
the combo is GRg.13F.Ab 1S. The flow is from dC in the GCS and the Ab is from Geist Fafnir, if that matters.
Now, this combo sounds unbalanced, wack, and probably has weak teeth, right? well, from my testing it doesn't, or maybe i just get better molds, idk.
i DO sliding shoot it on an angle to get absorbs gimmick to start and it ACTUALLY works as intended, then it gets in the middle of the stadium and doesn't burst easily. It seems to counter-balance the uneven-ness of 13F from the 3 wings on GRg. I'll get back to this when i can do in-depth testing.

Interesting... I feel like you could probably swap Flow with another frame like Glaive, Cross or Proof to gain some life-after-death without loosing much else. Cross is probably the best for this. I can do some testing but I dont have Absorb or Flow so Il probably swap it slightly.