[Takara Tomy]  Bloody Longinus (Layer) Testing & Discussion

(May. 07, 2018  6:21 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for the tests! Interesting that bL does decently against Deep Chaos; I've found that nL has always been ineffective against it.

How new would you say your Nightmare Longinus is, @[Wombat]? Has it been used a lot? I've observed a stark difference in the performance of a brand new nL (or even moderately used) versus a heavily used one versus Spriggan Requiem.

I definitely wouldn't consider mine new, it's undergone moderately heavy use (though only over the course of about 4 weeks). I know there are a few other people who have complained about the inconsistencies with their Nightmare Longinus, but mine seems to be one of the tighter ones, and its last tooth is pretty difficult to skip.

(May. 07, 2018  6:08 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:14 AM)Wombat Wrote: Spriggan Requiem was in left spin.

Nightmare Longinus Glaive Weight vs. Spriggan Requiem 7Bump Bearing
nLG.W: 9 wins (7 burst, 2 OS)
Sr.7B.Br 11 wins (all OS)
nLG.W win rate: 45%
This is actually a matchup I've wanted to try for a while, by using nL in a stationary combo it should have a much better chance of bursting Sr than on Xtreme, Hunter, or Variable. It didn't seem to be as consistent as bL though, and nL on a KO setup is already known to be pretty inconsistent against Sr Bearing. At this point, it's starting to look like bL outclasses nL, the only thing I'd need to check is whether nL performs better vs Attack since iLinnuc said bL was especially weak to Attack.

Im really surprised by these results for nL.

I ran similar nL tests and got results almost identical to the bL results.

And adding bump to the nL combo was even one burst better than the bL results.

i’ll keep testing, who knows

I was a bit underwhelmed as well, considering the tightness of both my nL and my Weight Driver, but it's possible that I just wasn't launching nL hard enough (both of my $4 Light Launcher Ls skip), or that it requires more RPM to burst things as consistently as bL does. I recently asked @[The Supreme One] to test Sr Bearing vs nL Orbit and she also said they were about 50/50.

(May. 07, 2018  3:34 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: How much faster would you say Jolt is compared to Xtreme?

Also, maybe test it against some older Right Spin Defense combos like Alter Chronos 7 Glaive/Cross Orbit and Galaxy Zeus 7 Glaive/Cross Orbit? I'd really like to see how much recoil it has against right spin opponents

I would say Jolt is a bit faster, but all of my Xtremes are kinda worn at this point while my Jolt is still near-mint. The speed difference is actually more noticeable in right spin - I've actually been liking Legend Spriggan more on Jolt since I found it a bit too sluggish on Xtreme.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. MGC Alter Chronos 7Cross Atomic
bL.8G.Jl: 8 wins (all KO)
MGC aC.7C.At: 12 wins (1 KO, 10 OS, 1 burst)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 40%
That one burst came out of absolutely nowhere, considering that for most of the other round bL hardly ever skipped a tooth.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. Sieg Xcalibur 2Cross Weight
bL.8G.Jl: 10 wins (9 KO, 1 OS)
sX.2C.W: 10 wins (1 KO, 6 OS, 3 burst)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 50%
Decided to test it vs attack, launched sX at around 40% power because it has a harder time spin-equalizing than something like aC/G3/dC (and also to give it some chance to hit back). It seems like they were pretty even for the most part. Longinus' one outspin came from when it basically beat sX to death against the wall, haha.
I would like to see Bloody Longinus tested on Hold as it's predecessor Lost Longinus preformed well on it; would be interesting to see if the performance carried over.
(May. 10, 2018  1:28 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I would like to see Bloody Longinus tested on Hold as it's predecessor Lost Longinus preformed well on it; would be interesting to see if the performance carried over.

bL + Ds would be better
Has anyone noticed that bL seems more balanced than the other z beys? Just testing it myself when put xtend/yard/atomic bL is the most stable. Using the same combinations besides the layers, bL was more balanced than eF and zA. Anyone else noticed that?
(May. 10, 2018  1:55 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  1:28 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I would like to see Bloody Longinus tested on Hold as it's predecessor Lost Longinus preformed well on it; would be interesting to see if the performance carried over.

bL + Ds would be better

Not sure about that, at least in my case. Destroy is definitely better in same spin, but for opposite spin I seem to have a really good Hold (I was getting dF.8G.H to tie with dC.7.Br and mG Atomic, and even outspin them occasionally). I can see if bL Destroy/Hold is any good.

(May. 10, 2018  7:04 PM)Arcosst Wrote: Has anyone noticed that bL seems more balanced than the other z beys? Just testing it myself when put xtend/yard/atomic bL is the most stable. Using the same combinations besides the layers, bL was more balanced than eF and zA. Anyone else noticed that?

My bL has pretty good balance too, but I'm sure it's just random variance in each individual Layer's balance. I have 1 zA that has awful balance and another with really good balance, my wV is good, and my eF is really bad.

Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. Ark Bahamut 0Bump Destroy
bL.8G.Jl: 18 wins (3 KO, 1 OS, 14 burst)
aB.0B.Ds: 2 win (2 KO)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 90%

No matter what launch strength/technique I tried, there was basically no way for me to keep aB from bursting in this battle. Even if aB was able to avoid or survive the early hits, bL would basically always get the late game burst. The KOs were from when bL got one hit on aB and then self-KOed, decided to count them since there was contact.
Bloody Longinus 8Glaive Jolt vs. Ark Bahamut 0Bump Destroy
bL.8G.Jl: 18 wins (3 KO, 1 OS, 14 burst)
aB.0B.Ds: 2 win (2 KO)
bL.8G.Jl win rate: 90%

No matter what launch strength/technique I tried, there was basically no way for me to keep aB from bursting in this battle. Even if aB was able to avoid or survive the early hits, bL would basically always get the late game burst. The KOs were from when bL got one hit on aB and then self-KOed, decided to count them since there was contact.

That is crazy! I don't know if it's just my aB, but it doesn't burst to anything really. Especially my new bL it hasn't burst once no matter how hard I try.
Definitely something going on with aB here in terms of molds it seems. My experience with aB in general is quite similar.
Can u try BL.Heavy.Atomic against SR.7B.Br or other competitive Combo.

Thnx!
(May. 11, 2018  7:27 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  7:04 PM)Arcosst Wrote: Has anyone noticed that bL seems more balanced than the other z beys? Just testing it myself when put xtend/yard/atomic bL is the most stable. Using the same combinations besides the layers, bL was more balanced than eF and zA. Anyone else noticed that?

My bL has pretty good balance too, but I'm sure it's just random variance in each individual Layer's balance. I have 1 zA that has awful balance and another with really good balance, my wV is good, and my eF is really bad.

My bL rotates much better than eF too. Not even close to good though.

Tried launching Winnig Valkyrie when got back home. Yes, it's better than Forneus (for free spinning), but has same wobbling problem.
I recently tried out my combo bloody longinus 7under atomic. I found out that stationary works better for my bloody longinus
I feel like no matter what combination I use, bL doesn't perform well enough. In probably 90% of the tests I do with many combinations I can't get it to win. bL seems to be super smooth compared to other z beys but idk it seems to not have a lot of attack potential unless its smash attack. If it can knock a bey out it wins, but other than that it will just lose to spin finishing.
Can someone please do a bL.0B.Yr please (sorry if this is already done)
Has anyone tried any other combos with bL? I think it can do decent with destroy but I find this layer burst too much.
After reading all of this, is it a safe conclusion to say that Bloody Longinus is a better layer than Nightmare Longinus in general? I had watched some videos that made them seem about even, but these tests seem to give bL the edge.
For everyone who wanted to see Bloody Longinus vs Spriggan Requiem in Right Spin:

Bloody Longinus 0Bump Jolt vs Spriggan Requiem 7 Bearing (Right Spin)

Bloody Longinus 0Bump Jolt: 3 KO
Win Rate: 15%

Spriggan Requiem 7 Bearing: 1 KO, 12 SF, 4 Bursts
Win Rate: 85%

This is why we didn't test that match-up. It's a foregone conclusion