[Takara Tomy]  Bearing Drift in Burst Classic: Should it be banned?

As Burst classic has come into existence, several high-power parts have been allowed and eventually have been banned or put on a watch list.

However, BSC has the issue with Drift and by extension Bearing Drift that is plaguing the format. For Drift in specific it’s high stamina and LAD and defense makes the meta somewhat centralize towards that combo of Dragoon Gravity Drift/Bearing Drift (there are combo variations).

The issue here is that Dragoon F does not have much coverage to be countered against having the meta Revolve towards Burst Classic Dragoon addition.

The suggestions to have is specifically to get out Bearing Drift and Drift, to keep as close as possible to avoiding MAX LAD format and keep classic fun, it would be best if we could remove it as it would allow for more diversity.
[Image: cC7IEM1.png]
This is something I very much agree with. I believe more has to be done to optimize the format, but this a great start! I'd also put hasBr, HXt+', Zn'+HasZ, and Dr-SP on that list, but baby steps.

I'm currently working with some people to make a proposal on classic myself, but this would help if this gets passed.
I'd like to offer a suggested banlist update.
UNBAN:
Accel', Assault', Zephyr', Fusion'
Metal Accel, Metal Fusion, Metal Defense
None of these drivers have enough power to genuinely outclass anything, and dash stallers are lower power due to the prevalence of Hasbro unite and unite'.
BAN:
Drift, Metal Drift, Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift, Zone', High Xtend+' Bearing', Bearing (Hasbro), Drift-SP, Revolve-SPM
All of these drivers completely shift the meta game into a LAD festival. I didn't put normal bearing on here as it's weakness outweigh it strengths and it dies to any burst attacker.
Metal Destroy
I think that either both should be banned or neither should be banned.

Note that I'm on the fence about Revolve-SPM and Drift-SP.
(Mar. 09, 2023  7:06 PM)Deadly_162 Wrote: I'd like to offer a suggested banlist update.
UNBAN:
None of these drivers have enough power to genuinely outclass anything, and dash stallers are lower power due to the prevalence of Hasbro unite and unite'.
BAN:
Drift, Metal Drift, Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift, Zone', High Xtend+' Bearing', Bearing (Hasbro), Drift-SP, Revolve-SPM
All of these drivers completely shift the meta game into a LAD festival. I didn't put normal bearing on here as it's weakness outweigh it strengths and it dies to any burst attacker.
Metal Destroy

I'm not really sure how unite' makes stallers worse, in fact, stallers are probably the hardest counter to KO defence besides burst defence (or stamina/defence hybrids). Stallers won't see much use in current day meta, but if a lot of the stamina dash drivers hopefully get banned, dash stallers will indeed be quite powerful. There is a reason why they were banned in the first place, and that is something to note. I do believe if your theoretical banlist is used, dash stallers will be a good fit, but it's the type of change I personally would want to be a step in the process and not the final stage of format optimization. Though honestly, you definitely know what's up and how to improve the format, and I think you have the right idea on how we can fix it! My hope is we split the format into two and have a format variation style approach, because it's clear a lot of people have different views on what the format is striving to be. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there, glad to see it!
(Mar. 09, 2023  7:53 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2023  7:06 PM)Deadly_162 Wrote: I'd like to offer a suggested banlist update.
UNBAN:
BAN:
Metal Destroy

I'm not really sure how unite' makes stallers worse, in fact, stallers are probably the hardest counter to KO defence besides burst defence (or stamina/defence hybrids). Stallers won't see much use in current day meta, but if a lot of the stamina dash drivers hopefully get banned, dash stallers will indeed be quite powerful. There is a reason why they were banned in the first place, and that is something to note. I do believe if your theoretical banlist is used, dash stallers will be a good fit, but it's the type of change I personally would want to be a step in the process and not the final stage of format optimization. Though honestly, you definitely know what's up and how to improve the format, and I think you have the right idea on how we can fix it! My hope is we split the format into two and have a format variation style approach, because it's clear a lot of people have different views on what the format is striving to be. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there, glad to see it!
The thing with unite, right, is you can hardlaunch it, and it just catches and flings stallers.

At least that's the case with my Unite, but I don't know if that's wear-dependent.

UNBAN:
BAN:
Metal Destroy

After speaking with Th!nk and Broyeeto on the WBO Discord, I would like to update this banlist.
UNBAN: Accel', Assault', Fusion', Zephyr', Metal Accel, Metal Fusion
The dash stallers don't have enough power in the presence of Piss UFO, C.H.HXt+' and Unite combos to be meta-defining. They'll be strong and definitely interesting to use, but they won't have the level of dominance that they once did. Also, Assault-Q is basically Hasbro Assault'.
Metal Defense
I get it's heavy, but weight based defense has kind of fallen off from where it was. It honestly doesn't have enough defensive power to have much of an impact on it's return.
BAN:
Metal Destroy
Why is this unbanned? Destroy' is banned, and I think it should stay that way. Both of these buff burst/mixed attack to a level far beyond what the format can handle. Also, it has some of the best LAD for an attack driver.
Drift, Metal Drift, Bearing Drift, Metal Bearing Drift
The drifts, as mentioned above, completely centralize the meta and turn BSC into a LAD festival. They have great defense, stamina and LAD.
Zone'
With the drifts gone, this becomes the best LAD option in format. On HasZ, it can reliably outspin Revolve and Bearing in same spin, enough LAD to outspin everything in opposite spin, and enough defense and burst resistance to tank every attack that gets thrown at it.
WATCHLIST:
High Xtend+'
This is here because, though it dominates, it has a clear-cut weakness: KO attack. If, however, KO attack doesn't prosper with the drifts banned, or this dominates too much, it can very easily be banned.
Bearing', Bearing (Hasbro)
Dragoon F can't utilize these as well as it utilizes drift, making these less powerful.

In addition, I'll test the viability of the dash stallers, specifically Fusion'.
Testing against Unite:
Acid Anubis Gravity Fusion' vs Evipero Yell Unite
10 battles, alternating launches
Round 1: A2 KO
Round 2: A2 Burst
Round 3: E1 KO
Round 4: A2 OS
Round 5: E1 KO
Round 6: A2 OS
Round 7: E1 KO
Round 8: E1 KO
Round 9: E1 KO
Round 10: E1 KO
A2 Winrate: 4/10: 40%
E1 Winrate: 6/10: 60%
Hard launching Unite can counter stalling if done correctly. I feel like part of the issue for the Unite was my launch consistency.
put simply, yes. It should be banned in burst classic.
So unite can do that, but I find that a good player using a staller isn't gonna let that happen, stallers are quite versatile actually, and with a dash driver, you don't have to worry about them bursting anymore, so you can take the head on clash route and just match them.
While I agree that bearing drift should be banned as it has high stamina and lad but why should drift get banned. Its awful in same spin and is only good on dragoon i would say high xtend plus' should be banned instead of drift
(Mar. 23, 2024  8:02 AM)Rebel blader 5 Wrote: While I agree that bearing drift should be banned as it has high stamina and lad but why should drift get banned. Its awful in same spin and is only good on dragoon i would say high xtend plus' should be banned instead of drift

Pointing out that you're replying/necroing threads that have become irrelevant, as Dragoon has been banned since this thread and Drift has been added to a Ranked Clause.

Regardless of that, saying Drift is awful in Same-Spin ignores its...high Stamina and LAD. You ask "why should drift get banned" and then proceed to articulate the point of the post, which is also the answer to your question: it is "good on dragoon". That is why.