[Takara Tomy]  Attack Combination Testing Thread | DB/BU System

No threads on this so Imma start a testing thread on Attack Layers
Before anyone say "yeah we all know about this",
the point of this thread is to archive concrete proof and results of how a layer/combo is better at attack than another one since testing threads arent thing anymore :(

I'll be posting the videos of these test results as much as i can to prove that nothing was rigged. I must say that before each tests were conducted, i will spent about 10-15 minutes perfecting my launches and flower pattern to maximize the chances of the attack beys winning (because to test attack types we need to ensure the best conditions for them to win, dont we?)

I'll run more tests when im free, feel free to add on ur tests if u have any :D

disclaimer: I am not the most skilled attack blader out there for sure, but i have multiple experiences and wins of using Xtreme' in G4 WBBA tournaments so i believer my launch skills should be sufficient enough for the tests. of course the results may vary from blader to blader so take the results with a pinch of salt.

1) Testing Xiphoid, Ultimate, Zest & Savior on Giga Xtreme'
  • Xiphoid Valkyrie2 Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9

XpVL2.Gg.X'-10: 5 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9: 2 OS, 3KOs
    video here

• Ultimate Valkyrie2 Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9

UlVL2.Gg.X'-10: 3 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9:  4 OS, 3KOs
    video here
  • Zest Perseus Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9 (using Perseus instead of Valk2 because Zest layer is under 10g, pretty lightweight. as reference, Guilty layer is about 17g.)

ZsVL2.Gg.X'-10: 2 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9: 5 OS, 3KOs
    video here

• Savior Valkyrie2 Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9

SVL2.Gg.X'-10: 3 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9: 3 OS, 3KOs, 1 Burst
    video here

Final thoughts!

Guilty: Testing not needed. 17g of heavyweight with 2 hard-hitting contact points on each side, we already know Guilty is an S-Tier layer that is capable of demolishing any combo with at least 50% win rate, with sufficient skill and practice.

Xiphoid: Probably the best right-spin Attack layer in my opinion. It is consistent enough to KO Vanish. At other times, Xiphoid could at least push Vanish out of the stadium. Has sufficient recoil and recoil control, probably due to to its heavier weight compared to many other Attack layers (13g). It is probably the most unbalanced layer in DB/BU (not surprising). However, unlike the other Xcaliburs, Xiphoid is probably one of, if not, the tamest Xcalibur layer. It's not too hard to master and get the hang of it. The heaviness kinda negates the unbalanced nature of the layer, in my opinion.

Ultimate: A lot of outspin losses. I think Ultimate + Giga is not a good combo. Most of the time, it just does not have the recoil needed to KO Vanish. Yes, I know that Nexus + S-Gear is better on Ultimate, but for the sake of consistency I used Giga in this case. I've tried launching sliding shoot and straight shoot, but it's very hard for Ultimate + Giga to even just push Vanish out of the stadium. I will do a testing of Ultimate + Nexus + S-Gear soon for comparison before giving my concrete opinion on Ultimate.

Zest: When I first saw pictures of Zest before its release, I thought it'd be a great attack layer, due to the knobs protruding outwards. Unfortunately all I got was 9g of pure disappointment. I thought that it'd be 11g or more like the other Attack layers. The knobs are also very thin, so not much recoil is produced. I gave it Perseus instead of Valk2 just so to maximize its weight. It still performed worse than Ultimate + Giga. It just cannot give strong blows to Vanish. Every time Zest hits Vanish, it just pushes it back but not far enough to KO Vanish. I wish it had metal for the Achilles armor plate. That way, I believe Zest could do a bit better, somewhere along slightly below Xiphoid level maybe.

Savior: Savior hits hard for the first few hits when the battle starts. I definitely see larger recoil in Savior than the other layers. However, this also causes it to lose steam quite fast. In fact, the recoil is so high that this is the only layer that burst during testing at least once. If it doesn't KO Vanish in the first few hits, it is most likely gonna lose to an outspin. Even though the win rate is a bit low, I believe that with sufficient practice, one can master Savior as an Attack type layer very well.

Current ranking, in my opinion:

S-Tier:
1. Guilty

A-Tier:
1. Xiphoid (I'd say A+ tier)
2. Savior

B-Tier:
1. Zest

Needs more testing:
Ultimate
(Aug. 12, 2022  2:36 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: nice video

thank u!
(Aug. 12, 2022  2:38 PM)@ya.dama Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2022  2:36 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: nice video

thank u!

i didnt watch it yet but all your videos are great so im just guessing
the videos i make are super cringe not gonna lie
continued Testing Zest & Savior on Giga Xtreme'
  • Zest Perseus Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9 (using Perseus instead of Valk2 because Zest layer is under 10g, pretty lightweight. as reference, Guilty layer is about 17g.)

ZsVL2.Gg.Xt-10: 2 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9: 5 OS, 3KOs
    video here

• Savior Valkyrie2 Giga Xtreme'-10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing'-9

SVL2.Gg.Xt-10: 3 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9: 3 OS, 3KOs, 1 Burst
    video here

Final thoughts in the first post
if you switched valkiyre1 with something like achilles,spriggan,or a chip with good teeth it probably would have done better

(Aug. 16, 2022  1:03 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: if you switched valkiyre1 with something like achilles,spriggan,or a chip with good teeth it probably would have done better

oh wait u did i just didnt read it right
(Aug. 16, 2022  1:03 PM)DeletedYT Wrote: if you switched valkiyre1 with something like achilles,spriggan,or a chip with good teeth it probably would have done better

Valkyrie1 sucks for Attack. It's part of the reason why the Savior Stock is so bad. Valkyrie1 is usually used for Stamina and its better to be used for Stamina to be completely honest.
(Aug. 16, 2022  4:23 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

Valkyrie1 sucks for Attack. It's part of the reason why the Savior Stock is so bad. Valkyrie1 is usually used for Stamina and its better to be used for Stamina to be completely honest.

yeah
You should probably use Perseus core on Ultimate combo just in case.
(Aug. 16, 2022  9:57 PM)Jiyuu Wrote: You should probably use Perseus core on Ultimate combo just in case.

I didnt put Perseus and instead used Valk2 cos my Perseus core teeth is pretty worn out lol. it bursts quite easily unfortunately
For attack combos how would u guys rate Quatro dash Attack only? I tested metal xtreme , Mobius (from "The End Lucifer") and Quatro (Attack) and for 5 rounds each using guilty Longinus -0, nexus +S against dynamite f-gear dragon -9, Giga, metal never. Somehow Quatro dash won more battles than the other drivers and I just wanna know what you think works better.
(Aug. 23, 2022  5:31 PM)lil-iz Wrote: For attack combos how would u guys rate Quatro dash Attack only? I tested metal xtreme , Mobius (from "The End Lucifer") and Quatro (Attack) and for 5 rounds each using guilty Longinus -0, nexus +S against dynamite f-gear dragon -9, Giga, metal never. Somehow Quatro dash won more battles than the other drivers and I just wanna know what you think works better.

it's a semi-good replacement for Xtreme'/Quick' imo. but it skips the ridges pretty easily, so the best way to use it without self KOs is to do a semi flower pattern launch.
Sorry in advance for the long message

I'd test out Ultimate on NX+S, that could lead to better results on Ultimate. Also, I would like to see some tests done on right spin combos.

Examples of right spin combos that could be tried:
Dynamite F-Gear Valkyrie Giga Never -9
Dynamite F-Gear Belial2 Over Bearing' -0
Dynamite F-Gear & L Gear Belial2 Wheel Xtend+
Prominence Belial2 Tapered Zone' +Z -0

As for an Ultimate combo that works well:
Ultimate Valkyrie2 NX+S Xtreme' -10

I would also like to see Devine A-Gear tested if you get the chance (Devine looks to be an Ultimate situation, so probably using it on NX+S would be best)

Also Guilty on Fortress
(Aug. 30, 2022  12:06 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Sorry in advance for the long message

I'd test out Ultimate on NX+S, that could lead to better results on Ultimate. Also, I would like to see some tests done on right spin combos.

Examples of right spin combos that could be tried:
Dynamite F-Gear Valkyrie Giga Never -9
Dynamite F-Gear Belial2 Over Bearing' -0
Dynamite F-Gear & L Gear Belial2 Wheel Xtend+
Prominence Belial2 Tapered Zone' +Z -0

As for an Ultimate combo that works well:
Ultimate Valkyrie2 NX+S Xtreme' -10

I would also like to see Devine A-Gear tested if you get the chance (Devine looks to be an Ultimate situation, so probably using it on NX+S would be best)

Also Guilty on Fortress

Okay got it, whenever im free somewhere this week, ill definitely test them out
Could you also test out Divine +L with Wheel disk & Divine(A) with either Giga/Nexus+S
i only got time for these two testings lol i will do some more tomorrow

2) Testing Giga vs Nexus+S on Ultimate Valk2 & Xtreme'
  • Ultimate Valkyrie2 Giga Xtreme' -10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' -9

UlVL2.Gg.X'-10: 5 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9:  3 OS, 2 KOs
    (redid my Giga benchmark test, bcos i think i've improved as an attack blader overall and i can control my Xtreme' much better now Smile )
    video here

• Ultimate Valkyrie2 Nexus+S Xtreme' -10 vs Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' -9

UlVL2.Gg.X'-10: 4 KOs
    VLN.Ov.Br'-9:  4 OS, 2 KOs
    video here
Final thoughts (currently): i think Nexus+S do be hitting harder than Giga, but i think if you are a good attack type blader already then you might not need Nexus+S, even for Ultimate. Problem with Nexus+S is that it scrapes quite easily. i have to practice the right angle to shoot my bey to make sure it flowers, while not scraping at the same time. You can see sometimes even after doing a bit of flower, it'll eventually just circle around the tornado ridge if the impact isn't big enough on the Vanish. Maybe it is a personal preference thing, but I'm fine with Giga on my Ultimate.

I'll get onto the right spin tests tomorrow.

(Aug. 30, 2022  11:14 PM)Jiyuu Wrote: Could you also test out Divine +L with Wheel disk & Divine(A) with either Giga/Nexus+S

okk imma do BurstMaster's one first