[Takara Tomy]  Alter Chronos Testing and Discussion

Been wanting to do tests for alter kronos for 3 weeks now but I had exams and i finally finished my exams 

Anyways i will be testing it for same/opposite spin stamina and defense

Same spin stamina 

Alter kronos 0(3 stars) wave’ vs deep chaos 0(3 stars) wave 

(Both combos balanced tuned to the best of my ability)

Alter kronos: 5 wins (4 os 1 bf)
Deep chaos: 15 wins (all os)

Alter chronos win: 25%

Vs flame sagiterio (idk how to spell it)

Alter kronos 0 (3 stars) wave’ vs flame sageterio 0 (3 stars) wave

(Both balanced tuned to the best of my ability)

Kronos: 7 wins (all os)
Flame: 13 wins (all os) 

conclusion for same spin: 
It seems to lose more than win , but it always seems to lose by a bit so overall good stamina but not top tier

Opposite spin testings

Vs drain

Alter kronos 0 (3 stars) wave’ vs drain fafnir 0 (3 stars) wave

Alter kronos: 8 wins: (all os)
Drain : 2 wins : (all os)
2 draws

Alter kronos win: 80% 

Surprised me how well it did vs drain

Vs arc bahamut 

Alter kronos 0  (3 stars) wave’ vs arc bahamut 0 (3 stars) wave 

Kronos: 10 wins( 9 os 1 bf)

Arc: 0 wins

Alter kronos win: 100% 

Conclusion for opp spin stamina : 

It seems to do really really well in opposite spin stamina .

Defense testing

Vs nightmare 

Alter chronos 00bump keep’ vs nightmare longinus turn xtreme

Kronos: 13 wins (11 os 2 ko) 

Nightmare: 8 wins (all ko)

Alter kronos win: 65%

Vs hazard 

Alter kronos 00bump keep’ vs hazard kerbeus 7turn xtreme’ 

Kronos: 12 wins (9 os 1 ko 2 bf)

Hazard: 9 wins ( 8 ko 1 bf)

Alter kronos win:  60%

Note: since im testing by myself , it would be easier to aim at alter kronos and get an early hit which is really important, especially for hazard since its only good for like the first 7 seconds of the battle. So you could probably get a better result than here if you were to use it in tournament

Conclusion

Alter kronos seems to be really good at opposite spin stamina and good at defense.  
Decent but not that good at same spin stamina
Doing the tests for alter chronos on unite’

Vs nightmare

Alter chronos 00 bump unite’ vs nightmare longinus turn xtreme’

Alter chronos: 14 wins ( 11 os 1 bf 2 ko)

Nightmare: 7 wins : ( 2 os 5 ko)

Alter chronos win : 70 %

Vs hazard kerbeus

Alter chronos 00bump unite’ vs hazard kerbeus 7turn xtreme’

Alter chronos: 9 wins (6 os 1 ko 2 bf)

Hazard kerbeus: 11 wins ( 8 ko 2 ko 1 bf)

Alter chronos win : 45%

Did way better vs nightmare but worse vs hazard
Would be interesting to see what it could do with zeal since zeal has pretty good lad and defense.
I did some testing on this too, I definitely think you are onto something with using Alter Chronos for LAD. The Supreme One was a fan of aC Destroy back in the day and more recently used an aC.BDr to defeat Meow!. The natural burst resistance of the Layer means that it can use some of these higher LAD Drivers without having to worry about bursting to a passive opponent. aC's known use as a defense type beforehand was because of that natural burst resistance, but now that Dash Drivers like U' and Kp' exist I find it entirely overshadowed by Maximum Garuda in that niche, as the latter is rounder, sits a bit lower, and has more Stamina.

I'd be interested to see it on Br', BDr, or maybe even HWv', but for now I just used Xtend+. This Driver is currently not legal in BSL but is likely to be unbanned at some point. Wheel is similarly on the watchlist (so to speak, at least), so most of these tests will have both Wheel & non-Wheel versions.

Alter Chronos Wheel Xtend+ vs. Triumph Dragon Wheel Absorb-S
aC.Wh.Xt+: 7 wins (all OS)
TD.Wh.Ab-S: 3 wins (all OS)
aC.Wh.Xt+ win rate: 70%

Alter Chronos 10Cross Xtend+ vs. Triumph Dragon 10Cross Absorb-S
aC.Wh.Xt+: 2 wins (all OS)
TD.Wh.Ab-S: 8 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
aC.Wh.Xt+ win rate: 20%

This was the only test out of these where removing Wheel made a significant difference. With Wheel aC.Xt+ is able to stay upright a little bit longer than it can with 10C, so it could have been able to OS Triumph because of that.

Alter Chronos Wheel Xtend+ vs. Triumph Dragon Wheel Revolver-SPM
aC.Wh.Xt+: 8 wins (all OS)
TD.Wh.R-SPM: 12 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
aC.Wh.Xt+ win rate: 40%

Alter Chronos 10Cross Xtend+ vs. Triumph Dragon 10Cross Revolver-SPM
aC.10C.Xt+: 4 wins (all OS)
TD.10C.R-SPM: 6 wins (all OS)
aC.10C.Xt+ win rate: 40%

This matchup seemed pretty even for the most part, I went to 20 rounds for the Wheel tests to see if a clearer winner would emerge but that didn't seem to be the case. I changed the Disks to 10C but stopped after 10 rounds since it didn't change the matchup very much, except make it a more consistent in that the combo launched second would win more often than not. With the Wheel tests the winner was a bit more random, depending on which combo landed a major destabilizing hit midway through the match. Keep in mind that this is only with Revolver-SPM and not +Revolve or +Kick (which I don't have yet), which have more Stamina and stability and would probably defeat aC.Xt+ more soundly.

Alter Chronos Wheel Xtend+ vs. Geist Fafnir Wheel Drift
aC.Wh.Xt+: 4 wins (all OS)
gF.Wh.Dr: 3 wins (all OS)
8 ties redone
aC.Wh.Xt+ win rate: ~55%

Alter Chronos 10Cross Xtend+ vs. Geist Fafnir 0Wall Drift
aC.10C.Xt+: 2 wins (all OS)
gF.0W.Dr: 2 wins (all OS)
8 ties redone
aC.10C.Xt+ win rate: 50%

I didn't really play to a specified amount of rounds here, it was clear from what I could tell that these combos can compete with each other LAD-wise. There is probably one that generally wins more often than not, but I would not be able to say which one it is accounting for part variations, balance tuning, wear state, etc. I did notice that the height matchup made a difference here as well: gF.Dr was able to knock aC.Xt+ down at low RPM so it wouldn't stay upright on the occasions where it won, and when aC was able to stay upright and OS gF was on occasions where the gF Layer was not "facing" aC, but tilted upward and away from it. Due to its gimmick and shape I would guess Deep Chaos gets the benefits of this without really being affected by the drawbacks, but at the cost of being much less burst resistant than aC.

Alter Chronos Wheel Xtend+ vs. Twin Nemesis Wheel Hunter'
aC.Wh.Xt+: 6 wins (5 OS, 1 KO)
tN.Wh.Hn': 14 wins (2 OS, 4 KO, 8 Burst)
3 ties redone (1 OS, 2 Burst)
aC.Wh.Xt+ win rate: 30%

Triumph Dragon Wheel Absorb-S vs. Twin Nemesis Wheel Hunter'
TD.Wh.Ab-S: 8 wins (6 OS, 2 KO)
tN.Wh.Hn': 12 wins (3 OS, 6 KO, 3 Burst)
1 tie redone (1 OS)
TD.Wh.Ab-S win rate: 40%

I need to practice my HasWheel Attack launch more, as I am unused to the OWD and found it difficult to get Hn' to maintain the flower pattern. However, it did add a significant amount of Stamina and stability to tN, enough so that it was able to OS Triumph by destabilizing it late game, without really being pushed downward itself. When Triumph won by OS, it was very close most of the time. Triumph suffered more mid-game KOs and aC suffered more mid-game bursts, but I think that may have to do with the height difference between Xt+ and Ab-S, tN seemed to scoop Triumph out on a few occasions but I didn't really observe that with aC. Triumph performed better here, and I would agree it is a better pick in this matchup but I think with an improved Wh.Hn' launch this tN combo could probably hit 100% against either of these combos... even if you still fail to burst or KO, the few extra hits you pick up from maintaining the flower pattern only increase your chances of OSing late game.
I was actually testing this as my Alter Chronos had just arrived recently, while I am in a TT only climate, it seems pretty decent for LAD based setups. I don't think you using a Wave mirror for opposite spin was really the best indication of opposite spin, though the fact it won that much was still quite cool.

I don't currently have any formal testing data to confirm this though, but I shall get to that eventually. Either way I agree with Wombat, you had a good idea with this and thank you for testing!
(Apr. 17, 2023  5:42 AM)BWQ Wrote: I was actually testing this as my Alter Chronos had just arrived recently, while I am in a TT only climate, it seems pretty decent for LAD based setups. I don't think you using a Wave mirror for opposite spin was really the best indication of opposite spin, though the fact it won that much was still quite cool.

I don't currently have any formal testing data to confirm this though, but I shall get to that eventually. Either way I agree with Wombat, you had a good idea with this and thank you for testing!
Yea wave isnt the best driver for lad tests but its the only one i have two of (unless you include xtreme’) .

I think it could have potential on drift, being the limited version of heaven , but i don't have drift yet(i only have zn’+z) so i can’t do the tests yet (hprfully i can soon cuz i am ordering one