TH170 vs 230

But, 230 was said to be better with D, no? The extra wobble provided by WD actually backfired AFAIK... :\
Also, it may be noted that the TH170 combo was neither a pure stamina type, nor a pure Defense type. Reasons being-
1. MF-H in a stamina combo would usually hinder performance.
2. D/SD/WD are stamina tips.

So, even this might have been the reason...
With MF-H Basalt I've seen 230CS combos beat 220D combos repeatedly as well.

The other variable to consider here is the difference in height provided by CS vs D. D is a shorter tip (obviously) and the difference in millimeters might be enough to change the dynamic between the two blades.
(Nov. 18, 2011  3:33 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: The other variable to consider here is the difference in height provided by CS vs D. D is a shorter tip (obviously) and the difference in millimeters might be enough to change the dynamic between the two blades.

Oh yes, even the tip-height might play a major role in a battle.
This kinda makes TH170 VS 230 testings pointless...
We are testing to compare the performance of the tracks based on their height. But, the additional height provided by the tip would certainly make the results inaccurate...
Is it possible to do tests using the same tips for both the tracks? Or, if this is not acceptable, then at least use tips of the same height. Smile
TH170 is more useful in different cases, seeing as it can adjust to different heights, and 3 heights at that, which is useful to not have to change parts even. It is viable in defense, stamina, and balance combos, but 230, I find it to be more stable than TH170, seeing as 230 is just one or two pieces (one from what I've seen and looked at). 230 is better on more stable tips, like D, seeing as the wobbling can backfire at times. Like what Pcyborg said, I still find 230 to be more useful in defense combos, seeing as the attacks will be ineffectively hitting the spin track, while the defense type will just be up there, waiting for the attacker to lose its stamina. And added with Basalt, which is the most useful defense and stamina wheel to date, it is able to survive strong attacks, even from my VariAres. TH170 I find to be more useful in stamina customs. Being able to adjust to different heights is necessary I find for stamina types. 230 I feel can be too high, and can reduce the spin time of the bey drastically, so I don't feel that it's good for stamina types.

230 and TH170 are both useful in balance customizations also, depending on the circumstances and what height you need. Personally for balance types, I would use TH170, seeing as it can adjust heights, and change its "type" to whatever is necessary in the next battle.

Remember, this is what I've seen and how I've tested it, and the results.
If you aren't KOing a Basalt 230 combo with Variares, you're doing something horribly, horribly wrong.

Arupaeo I was talking about the other way round (230 on the D series, 220 on the CS). But I guess it depends on the tip. I am 100% sure that TH220 beats 230 if both are using CS, or TH220 is on WF and 230 on CS, especially as the former was the matchup in the finals of the tourney I won, and both were matchups I investigated heavily beforehand.
(Nov. 18, 2011  4:08 PM)Ryu13 Wrote: Remember, this is what I've seen and how I've tested it, and the results.

This is you summarizing the massive thread on it in the Adv. Forums, and this thread, and compiling everyone's findings. Didn't I tell you to stop doing this? You just parroted the entire thread back into the thread.

High track defense combos are just wussy as all get-out against current attackers anyway, th!nk. In skilled enough hands they can edge out tournament victories over attackers, but in testing settings... no. That being said, ♥ TH170 ♥.
(Nov. 18, 2011  3:46 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Oh yes, even the tip-height might play a major role in a battle.
This kinda makes TH170 VS 230 testings pointless...
We are testing to compare the performance of the tracks based on their height. But, the additional height provided by the tip would certainly make the results inaccurate...
Is it possible to do tests using the same tips for both the tracks? Or, if this is not acceptable, then at least use tips of the same height. Smile

I've always been a fan of reducing extraneous variables in testing. I test comparable parts in an exact mirror configuration (save for the part in question) against other blades and each other.

(Nov. 18, 2011  4:09 PM)th!nk Wrote: Arupaeo I was talking about the other way round (230 on the D series, 220 on the CS). But I guess it depends on the tip. I am 100% sure that TH220 beats 230 if both are using CS, or TH220 is on WF and 230 on CS, especially as the former was the matchup in the finals of the tourney I won, and both were matchups I investigated heavily beforehand.

Gotcha. I'm an active reader of your writings, so the WF bit I knew for sure! Smile