TCGs you play or used to play.

(Sep. 10, 2008  6:47 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Oh yeah, I played the beyblade one for a bit but never really got into it.

Trust me, no one really got into Deciphers TCG.
Glad to see it wasn't only me then...
XD
I used to play Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh but I got rid of all my cards to get some more beyblades.
Pokemon was the only TCG I got into really the others weren't any interest to me lol
played :
Magic (Too competitive for my liking, and losing against one of the top players in the UK all of the time became boring,stupid brother)
UFS
Vs.system
duel masters (for a week til I realised it's magic lite)
pokemon

still playing
Yugioh (still fun, not as fun as it used to be and overpriced as hell)
(Sep. 15, 2008  7:35 PM)dreamborn Wrote: played :
Magic (Too competitive for my liking, and losing against one of the top players in the UK all of the time became boring,stupid brother)
UFS
Vs.system
duel masters (for a week til I realised it's magic lite)
pokemon

still playing
Yugioh (still fun, not as fun as it used to be and overpriced as hell)

duel Masters have better names though Tongue_out CRUSHINATORS OF DOOOOOM!

I'm also sad at the fact you wont play Monster Rancher with me Unhappy you know you love Suezo!
TCG's that I PLayed.

Pokemon
Magic
YU-GI-OH
Naruto

I liked naruto and Magic the best though =3
(Sep. 15, 2008  7:47 PM)Ominous Wrote: [Image: crushinator.jpg]

Try and find one for: Stomp-a-Trons of Invincible Wrath.

That's a harder task, lol.
you do know that duel masters parodizes yugioh's ridiculous set names, right?

this might not seem so but this is truth

also duel masters was fun when i played

pretty cool tcg
please give examples of these parodies
"Epic Dragons of Hyper Chaos"

"Shockwaves of the Shattered Rainbow" (I believe they had a contest for this set's name. This was the winner.)

"Thundercharge of Ultra Destruction"

etc etc etc

you can see the evident silliness in duel masters set names

edit: also the flavor text on some of the cards have a not too serious air to them unlike Yugioh (in my personal opinion)

the anime was okay too because they broke the fourth wall a lot
(Sep. 16, 2008  12:39 AM)bugturtles Wrote: "Epic Dragons of Hyper Chaos"

"Shockwaves of the Shattered Rainbow" (I believe they had a contest for this set's name. This was the winner.)

"Thundercharge of Ultra Destruction"

etc etc etc

you can see the evident silliness in duel masters set names

edit: also the flavor text on some of the cards have a not too serious air to them unlike Yugioh (in my personal opinion)

the anime was okay too because they broke the fourth wall a lot

You forgot Crushinators of doom, stompa-trons of invincible wrath and my personal favourite:
Blast-o-splosion of Gigantic Rage

as for the quotes:
Metalwing Skyterror: "When fangs and claws aren't pointy enough"
Mini titan Gett: "some day I'll be strong enough to wear armour, You'll see!"
Cavalry General curatops: "Doesn't your scooter have a flamethrower, grenade launcher, bazooka annd a pair of rota-blades, too?" << I love that one XD
i never used curatops like ever

i ran decks that used darkness blockers and one or two chimeras (most of the time they are in the deck not in shield zone) then used phantasmal horror gigzabel for ultimate rape
the funny non-serious air makes them awesome!

Scratchclaw (He is bsaicly a walking lizard with huge claws, like that dude from X-men but longer) "Oh, My nose itches" Incase you didnt get it, guess what happens when huge swords attempt to scratch your nose...

Edit: I fogrot about these 2: Immortal baron Vorg (has 2 huge maces as gloves): "You see? the one who wins is the one who has the bigger weaon"

My personal favorate: Automated Weaponmaster Machai (hes a machine with 2 guns for hands): "Supid Light creatures--all spheres and blobs and energy clouds. How can i blow their heads off if they dont have any?"
(Sep. 16, 2008  10:56 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i never used curatops like ever

i ran decks that used darkness blockers and one or two chimeras (most of the time they are in the deck not in shield zone) then used phantasmal horror gigzabel for ultimate rape

I don't use it either. I was making examples since I had a bunch of cards lying around and picked some up XD

I prefer darkness, it's control, which is strange for me since I hate using control in Yugioh and prefer Aggro. Wheras I dislike Aggro in duel Masters majority of the time unless it's in sync with Darkness.

I also like the quote on Poison Worm:
"you won't get any desert until you finish eating all of your friends!"
i never had any good parasite worms Unhappy(

light was cool and all but probably only for diamond cutter when you spam cheap light blockers and la uras

water civ had some good blockers too. revolver fish was kinda strong compared to the other older blockers
I'm hopefully going to be entering a Magic: The Gathering tournament on friday. As far as I can tell the last few sets are allowed in standard play and I'm buying a Shards of Alara fire deck and about ten boosters to customise it. Am I right in this?

I've learned to play by using some tutorial download I found on the WotC website, is there anything I should particularly look out for when playing and will anyone else be available to maybe even go with me? It's in london on fridays. =]
Used to be a huge player of Magic: the Gathering. Got about 250,000 cards from Beta through Weatherlight. Apparently, I really should get them all priced out, as my collection is worth quite a bit.

Recently, I've gotten really into the Pirates Constructible Card game. It's a lot of fun.
You guys are talking about DM but I don't know any of the American cards...*sigh* it's a shame, I love DM!
(Nov. 16, 2008  10:47 PM)Spinster Wrote: Used to be a huge player of Magic: the Gathering. Got about 250,000 cards from Beta through Weatherlight. Apparently, I really should get them all priced out, as my collection is worth quite a bit.

Recently, I've gotten really into the Pirates Constructible Card game. It's a lot of fun.

Got any pearls of wisdom to share for if/when I go to tournaments?
For the Pirates game or M:tG? Magic's rules have changed so completely and so many new abilities and strategies have come into play since the last time I played, I'd get murdered outright at a tourney. Hell, I wasn't very good to begin with anyway. I stopped playing LONG before I stopped collecting, because I liked the artwork and backstory to the sets.
(Nov. 16, 2008  10:58 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: You guys are talking about DM but I don't know any of the American cards...*sigh* it's a shame, I love DM!

Urgh, I'm sick of argueing with someone about the game, it's fun until that happens.

For anyone who knows about the cards:
Apparently playing Bolmeteus Steel Dragon and Bombazar Dragon of Destiny at 4 in a deck isn't broken and they say that "Alcadeus" and "Ballom" are totally broken.
It's on the banned list in Japan for a reason, but they won't have it Pinching_eyes
Putting it bluntly it's Yugioh's Chaos deck for Duel masters.

I'm getting pretty excited about the TCG I play (Pokemon) we're finally having a city championship Grin
Alcadias, Ballom, and Bolmetues aren't banned.
Although Bombarzar is... maybe they mistook it for Bolmeteus "Sapphire" Dragon(?) which is banned.
And I don't understand "broken".
(Nov. 17, 2008  5:42 AM)Spinster Wrote: For the Pirates game or M:tG? Magic's rules have changed so completely and so many new abilities and strategies have come into play since the last time I played, I'd get murdered outright at a tourney. Hell, I wasn't very good to begin with anyway. I stopped playing LONG before I stopped collecting, because I liked the artwork and backstory to the sets.

I just ordered a red mana colour deck and six boosters from Shard of Alara. I'm right in thinking that these will be legal in normal play? =]