TB Discussion (Zero-G)

Poll: Do you think TB can resist being swayed out?

Yes.
68.00%
No.
12.00%
Not sure.
20.00%
Total: 100% 25 vote(s)
NOTE: The WBO obviously needs a discussion thread for this, but I made this thread specifically to test whether TB (Not its competitiveness but if you want to contribute, go ahead) can really resist being swayed out like in the anime... (sounds ridiculous, I know).

For the tests, do not even ask me why I used standard, this and that combos. Again, I'm trying to test if TB can resist being swayed out, nothing else.

Equipment (Click to View)
*10 rounds ea
Standard Launch for Defense/Stamina, Launching from Right/Left for Attack, Depending on rotation type (I ditched this launch since it just made the attacker lose, but it did kind of help Reviser Dragooon)

*TB combo always launched first
SO-Sway Out
OS-Outspin
KO-Knockout

Saramanda Ifraid W145CF vs. Begirados Goreim SA165(Normal)TB
SI Wins: 4 wins (2 SO, 2 KO)
BG Wins: 6 wins (1 OS, 5 SO)

The sway outs that made Begirados Goreim spin out of the stadium were only because Saramanda Ifraid managed to tilt the stadium at a very steep angle at which it was able to force BG to just roll out (If SI didn't pull that off, BG would just spin around the stadium and SI would lose). Other than that, the KOs were at the start and the OS happened due to SI losing all of its rotations.

Reviser Dragooon LW160GCF vs. Begirados Goreim SA165TB
RD wins: 4 wins (2OS, 2KO)
BG wins: 1 win (OS)

Only did 5 wins since TB wasn't going to sway out anyway.

Even without SA165EWD, RD was able to spin steal off BG and made it lose, and the KOs happened when BG was directly next to an exit hole. BG's OS happened when RD's GCF scraped the stadium floor and BG kept doing the 'Pendulum Swing' as seen in in one of BBG's videos, forcing RD to keep scraping and lose.

Thief Phoenic E230GCF vs Bandid Genbull F230TB
TP wins: 4 wins (1 SO, 3KO)
BG wins: 6 wins ( 4 SO, 1 KO, 1OS)

Kind of surprised here, Phoenic drained almost all of its rotations to make Genbull sway out. Phoenic also scored some KOs and Genbull managed to KO Phoenic due to Phoenic suffering from recoil.

Crab Commando's Request
Insomaniac's Semi-Request until I get a Duo

EDIT: Side note- Thanks to Insomaniac, I acknowledge that the attack combos were horrible but, when I did the GP combo against crappy TB combos, TB swayed out all the time so yeah... Unhappy
~Combos Matter...
~Weight
~CF/GCF can make TB sway out more easily
For TB to completely sway out the CF/GCF combo had to be spinning right next to the exit pockets

Obviously these weren't some good combos... but I was just testing for the fun of it. In terms of Zero-G releases & sway outs, it definitely fares better than D and BWD. Bearing Drive is still better than TB in my opinion, but it could be a decent replacement in the Zero-G stadium.
Can you test Genbull please.
Thank you. I was wondering about it, but I could not buy it.
Could someone try anti sway tests using MSF-H Revizer Saramanda/Gargole E230TB? Thanks!
(Oct. 31, 2012  10:33 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Could someone try anti sway tests using MSF-H Revizer Saramanda/Gargole E230TB? Thanks!

I do not have MF-H but I'll be glad to test it out (If no one hasn't) when I'm done with my homework.

nexus I don't want to make my shiny Genbull rust in a few days Unhappy

ginga Thank you for your feedback

EDIT: I meant MSF-H whoops.... Tongue_out But I do have MSF
Yeah, no prob.

I am actually kinda surprised at the fact that it does so well. I wouldn't say better than BWD, but from this, definitely on par.
(Oct. 31, 2012  11:03 PM)BH145WD Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2012  10:33 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Could someone try anti sway tests using MSF-H Revizer Saramanda/Gargole E230TB? Thanks!

I do not have MF-H but I'll be glad to test it out (If no one hasn't) when I'm done with my homework.

nexus I don't want to make my shiny Genbull rust in a few days Unhappy

ginga Thank you for your feedback

EDIT: I meant MSF-H whoops.... Tongue_out But I do have MSF
Haha, great! I'll be looking forward to the tests!

MSF Reviser Saramanda E230TB vs Dragooon Ifraid W145CF

*I used dragooon as the lower ChW as a lower smash wheel in the event it hit RS, as well as weight

RS wins: 9 wins (6 SO, 2 OS, 1 KO)
DI wins: 1 win (1 KO)

DI simply had no chance (well except once) of winning against that combo no even if I launched DI to make instant contact with RS. Even when CF made the Stadium Sway, It wasn't good enough to force RS out of the stadium and for most battles, the two combos barely made any contact. Also the SO+KO made by RS was when RS.

RS E230TB still swayed, but it couldn't be forced out of the stadium.

I believe why TB is able to resist being run out of the stadium by swaying is due to the extra ball. A small degree of tilt (In the stadium) can force the tiny ball that TB spins on to sway, but the stadium requires a way larger tilt to force TB to scrape on the larger ball and then get swayed out. (So pretty much what happened in Genjuuro's battle with Ren.)

EDIT: Of course, if TB is at low rotation, you cannot expect the gimmick to work.
I was thinking TB would be really bad,but I guess its decent
(Nov. 01, 2012  3:31 AM)BH145WD Wrote: MSF Reviser Saramanda E230TB vs Dragooon Ifraid W145CF
Ah, not bad! TB seems to work pretty well for Defense in Zero-G!

Could anyone try tests against a Sway KO combo like MF-H Diablo Kerbecs E230CF/GCF? And a smash attacker as well?

Anyway though, thank you for the tests, BH145WD.
Hmm, in one of the BBG videos, TB seemed to go crazy. Does it go as crazy as the WD tip when tilted?
(Nov. 01, 2012  4:31 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: I was thinking TB would be really bad,but I guess its decent

It is decent yes, although it is pretty bad in the Zero-G Stadium against other stamina and defense types (unless you use Duo ___ ____TB, I don't have a Duo MW so I don't know). It's definitely better in resisting sway attack by CF and GCF. Other attack tips can't really sway the stadium as much as CF/GCF.

@Crab Commando No problem. While I would like to agree with you, I don't have top tier parts to test with so it's really hard to say if TB actually has any promise in any category other than sway attack resistance.

EDIT:

@BladerPegasis In solo spin tests using Bandid Genbull F230TB, not much. It's not as crazy as BBG's, but after a few seconds of spin time it's pretty much stationary. And they were using the Defense Stadium, which might be the problem.

Also for my tests, TB wasn't aggresive at all.
How can you get an accurate sense of this part's Defensive capabilities when you pair it up with a power-house Defense setup like MSF Revizer Saramanda E230, and give the Zero-G Attacker a disadvantage by using a mediocre Attack Sychrome on top of something other than E230?

When testing a Defense piece, wouldn't it make more sense to make the Attacker the stronger of the two so you can really analyze how the part you're looking at performs itself without the assistance of other pieces...?
(Nov. 01, 2012  10:50 PM)Insomniac Wrote: How can you get an accurate sense of this part's Defensive capabilities when you pair it up with a power-house Defense setup like MSF Revizer Saramanda E230, and give the Zero-G Attacker a disadvantage by using a mediocre Attack Sychrome on top of something other than E230?

When testing a Defense piece, wouldn't it make more sense to make the Attacker the stronger of the two so you can really analyze how the part you're looking at performs itself without the assistance of other pieces...?

Like I said in the op, I was merely testing the sway out of TB, nothing else. But if it makes you happy I'll be glad to redo.
Exactly. If you want to see how TB can be swayed, using a Synchrome and E230 with it against a meh Attacker will only keep it from doing so.

If you could do a similar test with TB on a relatively, high, plain Track, with a Defensive MW that can be Zero-G KO'd more easily, say Duo, I'd be much obliged. Smile
No MFs of any kind.... Uncertain

Death Cancer TH170 (170) TB vs. Gryph Phoenic E230CF
DC wins: 9 wins (8 OS, 1KO)
GP wins: 1 win (1KO)

GP Blew up once and the round was redone

Not sure why but, CF never scraped the stadium floor once so it couldn't make TB sway out (Except when it ran out of rotations) and there was one instant where it was about to OS Death Cancer due to scraping but it magically got back up and knocked down GP...

Also, Death's KO happened due to a very lucky bump into GP at an exit hole, but GP stopped spinning & got stuck in the exit hole and drove Death out of the stadium a few seconds later.

(Nov. 02, 2012  1:27 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: Woah! Not bad at anti sway at all!

Yeah, Unless I put a really bad combo for TB, like Begirados Genbull SR200TB. It had nice stamina but it got swayed out really quick by GP
Wow, thanks for the (quick) tests!
I'll definitely want to see some more tests in the future, but this is good for now. Smile
TEST REDONE for Inso.

(No MFs as usual. or MSF)

Diablo Kerbecs E230GCF vs. Reviser Genbull SA165(Normal)TB
DK wins: 2 wins (2 KO)
RG wins: 18 wins (4 OS, 14 SO)

RG win rate: 90%

NOTE: E230 was in lower mode.... I'll know the exact term as soon as someone tells me what it is.
Although Diablo managed to score 2 KOs, it never really managed to sway Reviser Genbull out.

A little SR200 testing~

Diablo Kerbecs E230GCF vs. Reviser Genbull SR200TB
DK wins: 1 win (1 KO
RG wins: 19 wins ( 17 SO, 2 OS)

RG win rate: 95%
Pretty much same as before, except on a higher track which is semi outclassed. The outspins happened when E230 saved Diablo from swaying out.
My Genbull~ Unhappy
can someone compair TB to SB
(Nov. 03, 2012  1:29 PM)geetster99 Wrote: can someone compair TB to SB
I can but I have to wait until my Bandid Genbull F230TB comes in and I can compair TB when it arrives to SB and JSB
(Nov. 03, 2012  1:29 PM)geetster99 Wrote: can someone compair TB to SB

... I have no extra reviser.
Flash Orion W145RF vs. Reviser Saramanda 160SB
FO wins: 6 wins (6 KO)
RS wins: 14 wins ( 5 SO, 7 OS, 2 KO)

SB win rate: 70%
Quite evident that Flash wasn't going to win. Reviser Saramanda's KOs came from recoil suffered by Flash and RS just bumped it out of the stadium.

Flash Orion W145RF vs. Reviser Saramanda 160TB
FO wins: 7 wins (7 KO)
RS wins: 13 wins (8 OS, 5 SO)

TB win rate: 65%
So yeah, SB > TB in this combo clearly because TB comes in contact with the stadium more than SB and let's face it, Reviser Saramanda was a Defense custom. TB also moved along with Flash but not consistently which allowed Flash to survive longer. All of Flash's KOs (Including SB) were within the first two hits after launch.

Diablo Kerbecs E230GCF (My bad~) vs. Reviser Genbull SA165(Normal)SB
DK wins: 3 wins (1 OS, 2 SO)
RG wins: 17 wins (12 OS, 4 SO, 1 KO)

SB win rate: 85%
TB win rate (In a previous post): 90%
Semi dead heat between TB and SB... SB was better in terms of fending of the smash attacks dealt by Diablo, but in every win made by Diablo, the tilt of SB made SA165 scrape and lose but
for TB, it really didn't do anything and it somewhat proved that TB is effective in sway resistance.

Well, SB is defense and TB is a balance of defense and stamina...
You forgot to note the track and bottom on the diablo combo.
(Nov. 03, 2012  2:54 PM)Ultra Wrote: You forgot to note the track and bottom on the diablo combo.

Whoops. Thanks for letting me know but it was E230GCF