TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

And if you're still unsure, you can always determine the volume of your Disk, multiply it by the density of aluminum and realize it's too heavy to be aluminum.
thx BeyBrad i didnt know that hah.
I can't believe we're getting so many new releases, it really makes me wonder when we're going to see a potential new system that alot of us feel will happen.

If it does, I'd expect it around the launch of the show (2016).

It also makes me wonder if the cartoon uses a different system, will Hasbro, like with Metal Fusion, just skip the first one and go straight to releasing the "upgraded"/ important one.
There was a pic with Spin Dragoon, Pegasis 105F and Valkyrie Wing Accel all in it. Does anyone still have it? Can't find!
(Aug. 05, 2015  7:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There was a pic with Spin Dragoon, Pegasis 105F and Valkyrie Wing Accel all in it. Does anyone still have it? Can't find!

[Image: BeybladeBurst_AllGenerations.jpg]
Nobody care about Dragoon MS. Pff.
I'm assuming it's not there for the same reason Samurai Ifraid isn't. It was a completely new series.
Any news for North American release or where we can start getting them? I don't think I can contain my excitement until Hasbro gets up and gets the process going! EeeXD
The real price of Beyblade Burst in The Japanese retail stores
[Image: real_beyblade_Burst_prices_Japan_July_2015.png]

Tourists can buy with a Passport for an extra 8% off in most of the stores plus if they pay with Visa Card can get an extra 6% off , meaning combined you can get 14% off.

Japanese buyers in some of the store with "points card" like Bic Camera or Yamada, they get 10 % of the value in points that can redeemed later for actual purchases.

So this is the real prices for educational Purposes
(Aug. 06, 2015  2:04 AM)originalzankye Wrote: The real price of Beyblade Burst in The Japanese retail stores
[Image: real_beyblade_Burst_prices_Japan_July_2015.png]

Tourists can buy with a Passport for an extra 8% off in most of the stores plus if they pay with Visa Card can get an extra 6% off , meaning combined you can get 14% off.

Japanese buyers in some of the store with "points card" like Bic Camera or Yamada, they get 10 % of the value in points that can redeemed later for actual purchases.

So this is the real prices for educational Purposes

thanks for the info man!! Oh, btw, sorry for raging on you earlier. I got a little carried away when I got banned from livestreams Uncertain
(Aug. 05, 2015  7:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: There was a pic with Spin Dragoon, Pegasis 105F and Valkyrie Wing Accel all in it. Does anyone still have it? Can't find!

There was also this, on Beycloud's "about" page
[Image: beyblade_3rd.jpg]

(Aug. 06, 2015  1:56 AM)GrandmasterSGTO Wrote: Any news for North American release or where we can start getting them? I don't think I can contain my excitement until Hasbro gets up and gets the process going! EeeXD

No official news yet, however the popular estimate is that Hasbro will release them in 2017.

By the way, it's great to see you back Zankye.
Yeah, welcome back Zankye! And thanks Wombat, I like that one, too Smile
Jeez, 2017 huh. I'm gonna have to start checking websites for good prices then.
[Image: IMG_8829.jpg]

Not all in this photo, but last Sunday, I had purchased a B-07 Kerbeus Wing Fusion, a B-08 Start Dash Set and a B-11 Launcher Grip from Kei. I had also received the Spriggan Heavy Defense I had won from the BeyLotto. From attending Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene: Toronto and playing with them myself, they are very fun to play with!

I'm still very disappointed with how fast teeth wear-down, though. Here's a photo I took of Valkyrie's I took after mild use. Practically none at our tournament but a bit later the night of.

Also really hoping we get some rubber bottoms later on in the series. Right now, attack without them and with Accel are still very successful. It's defense I'm kind of worried about. Kerbeus Central/Heavy Defense are alright options, but at the same time, are KO'ed quite frequently by attack too. Even if it were just a Driver shaped like a Rubber Flat, I feel as Kerbeus Defense would be more effective.
Yeah the teeth on valkyrie especially wear down pretty quick. I hope they make improvements on that and dont just use it to sell more beys. I dunno. I think, as is, offense vs defense is pretty 50-50, check out my testing thread. I do wanna see rubber bottoms though, but I think they will need to improve defense as well
There's nothing about that photo that indicates severe wearing down, to me. Of course the plastic will scratch and whiten where there is friction.
I mean, in a year of constant use I can see them really wearing down. Right now I'd call looser layers "breaking it in".
(Aug. 08, 2015  5:31 PM)Neo Wrote: I mean, in a year of constant use I can see them really wearing down. Right now I'd call looser layers "breaking it in".

Yeah, maybe. I've only really noticed wear on these "sharp" teeth — the more rounded off ones on the other Bey seem to handle repeated abuse OK. And I actually wonder how the clear B-08 vs the opaque B-01 fares. But I don't see this as meaningfully different as RF that wear down over time.

There are, frankly, a lot of inconveniences that need to be tolerated to play and collect Beyblade at such a hardcore level, but I think that goes for most hobbies ...
Yeah I have the B-08 valkyrie and it has held up pretty well. The teeth are definitely worn, but it still holds up fine in battles. I haven't noticed any significant change in it's likely hood of bursting, so I guess it is no big deal.
Anyway, this is a great way to rationalize your Random Booster purchases. Smile
Yup. Lol. I also only really use one of each layer, so with the regular boosters I will have one of each pretty much brand new when Valkyrie arrives. But yeah. I am preordering 8 random boosters and then going from there. Unless I can find a good deal on a case and get someone to split it with me. They all wear, so if you use worn against worn, it doesn't seem to matter much. Just in tourneys it seems that you are going to want to have fresh new layers to use
So, while this is somewhat unrelated to teeth wear or Random Boosters, I did some trials for the solo spin times for my Burst Beyblades.

Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
  • 1:38:36
  • 1:41:31
  • 1:43:80
  • 1:36:63
  • 1:37:58
  • 1:40:09
Average: 1:39:62

Kerbeus Central Defense
  • 1:18:71
  • 1:24:23
  • 1:19:51
  • 1:23:55
  • 1:23:59
  • 1:24:45
Average: 1:22.34

These were done using a Light Launcher. It's really difficult for me to make it not skip, it took a while to get 6 good launches (and even then, those skipped a little). Hopefully the String Launcher doesn't skip as often.
The string launcher doesn't, until you use it for a while. Then it skips like crazy. Probably will take a while for most people though. Took about 1000 pulls for me and I rip hard
Yeah, none of these have great solo spin times. I think that will improve over time, obviously, but those who approach MFB almost as a sport with high-performance equipment might be disappointed by the more "toyetic" feels of current Beyblade battles, which I personally really enjoy.