[Sydney,Australia]Bladers from Sydney!

I have searched throughout the forum and it turns out there is no Sydney thread. I have asked Kai-V as well.

I am currently trying to host a tournament, won't happen soon but I am looking for bladers from Sydney. And as you now Sydney is dead, I have currently collected 6 people including me. So If you are a blader from Sydney please state it in the post, or you can give me a PM for more questions. I'm looking for 8 bladers at least, neverless just post that you are from Sydney.

Please do not post things like "Sydney", one worded posts aren't allowed.
Guys if possible, if anyone is from Sydney please, if you have a youtube channel please try to make a video about Sydney Bladers. We need as much people as possible, I haven't received my promo cards yet, but still if you have any friends in Sydney that are interested in beyblade, just tell them about WBO. It will be a great help.

~Cheers
I'm really thinking about hosting some Sydney tournaments in 2013. I know a vast majority of the Sydney bladers and can still contact them easily. For the mean time I'll be trying my best to free up some time and catch up on everything I've missed since I last logged in, so I can catch up on the game.
I reside in Sydney too and would love to see more Beyblade events hosted! To get the attention maybe going to Good Games and get some attention there? There's a video on youtube where some kid had his bday party at GG Burwood that was beyblade centered. Or even flyering and postering on the streets to be able to catch attention.

Also consulting some companies such as Toys R Us to host up more tournaments again and such.

Even having it at conventions such as Super Nova, SMASH! and Animania

It would be great to have Zero-G in these tournaments too!
Well im not from sydney, but i may actually be there just after new year's. i was just thinking of trying to get a tournament going there, as i have some experience, a viable stadium for standard format and a zero-g stadium. i kinda miss seeing Sydney tournaments being on the upcoming tournament list, i even made a long rant on my tournament advertisement page on facebook.
(Dec. 12, 2012  12:20 PM)Giraton Wrote: Well im not from sydney, but i may actually be there just after new year's. i was just thinking of trying to get a tournament going there, as i have some experience, a viable stadium for standard format and a zero-g stadium. i kinda miss seeing Sydney tournaments being on the upcoming tournament list, i even made a long rant on my tournament advertisement page on facebook.

That would be awesome if you could put one together! I'd like to contribute in helping in any way I can! Haha but while you're over here (If you do come) make sure you set aside time for yourself too
ha ha, don't worry about that. knowing my mum, she wouldn't allow me to sit around working on a tournament during a holiday. hosting tournaments is an honour i rarely get the chance to try, ive been able to pull one off. plus, the chance to battle those who i have never battled before is a rare and extremely valuable experience for any beyblader, no matter how good you are. if i can host a tournament, expect it to be well worked on. i just hope i can get the players and, if im giving any, prizes.
(Dec. 12, 2012  1:01 PM)Giraton Wrote: ha ha, don't worry about that. knowing my mum, she wouldn't allow me to sit around working on a tournament during a holiday. hosting tournaments is an honour i rarely get the chance to try, ive been able to pull one off. plus, the chance to battle those who i have never battled before is a rare and extremely valuable experience for any beyblader, no matter how good you are. if i can host a tournament, expect it to be well worked on. i just hope i can get the players and, if im giving any, prizes.

Haha totally understandable, awesome well I'm looking forward to the day I see it going underway. Yeah totally meeting people is always such an awesome feeling. Would be awesome to have a tournament even if there weren't any prizes (I know some bladers wont agree with this) but would just be nice to see the Bladers Spirit increase in Sydney again
(Dec. 12, 2012  12:20 PM)Giraton Wrote: Well im not from sydney, but i may actually be there just after new year's. i was just thinking of trying to get a tournament going there, as i have some experience, a viable stadium for standard format and a zero-g stadium. i kinda miss seeing Sydney tournaments being on the upcoming tournament list, i even made a long rant on my tournament advertisement page on facebook.
That would be fantastic! I've already started handing my cards out to kids who are interested, but not sure if they registered or not Unhappy

But that would be a great idea!

(Dec. 14, 2012  12:06 AM)Viral Wrote: [quote='Giraton' pid='1072046' dateline='1355311206']
Well im not from sydney, but i may actually be there just after new year's. i was just thinking of trying to get a tournament going there, as i have some experience, a viable stadium for standard format and a zero-g stadium. i kinda miss seeing Sydney tournaments being on the upcoming tournament list, i even made a long rant on my tournament advertisement page on facebook.

That would be fantastic! I've already started handing my cards out to kids who are interested, but not sure if they registered or not Unhappy

It may not be much but its good to see that the Sydney forums are being a little active Grin
well ill see if i can get my travel plans confirmed just after christmas and ill put up the topic around then. if you can, try to gain interest, we can't have a tournament with 3 or 4 people.

ps: if you are interested in my facebook page, pm me and ill send you a link. i post tournament information as soon as i hear about it on that page. unfortunately, untill now, only melbourne tournaments have been posted.
(Dec. 14, 2012  6:07 AM)Giraton Wrote: well ill see if i can get my travel plans confirmed just after christmas and ill put up the topic around then. if you can, try to gain interest, we can't have a tournament with 3 or 4 people.

ps: if you are interested in my facebook page, pm me and ill send you a link. i post tournament information as soon as i hear about it on that page. unfortunately, untill now, only melbourne tournaments have been posted.

Totally understandable, yeah I'll be trying to even if there wasn't a tourney going on just want the public here to gain a high interest in Beyblade again

Totally interested can't wait Smile Unhappy Yeah and not everyone can go to Melbourne straight from Sydney oh woe T__T
(Dec. 14, 2012  12:06 AM)Viral Wrote:

well im still interested and i havnt gotten anything

(Dec. 18, 2012  11:02 AM)drollstar Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2012  12:06 AM)Viral Wrote:

he is talking about the wbo cards. he was giving them out in real life to kids who aren't on the wbo.
(Dec. 18, 2012  10:44 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2012  11:02 AM)drollstar Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2012  12:06 AM)Viral Wrote: That would be fantastic! I've already started handing my cards out to kids who are interested, but not sure if they registered or not Unhappy

he is talking about the wbo cards. he was giving them out in real life to kids who aren't on the wbo.

How am I able to obtain stock for these? It would be cool to do some promoting for this to higher the chances for a Sydney tournament
i think you ask for more on either the promo cards topic or ask blah, i think he is the card distributer. the thing is i haven't seen blah around for a while.
Yeeouch well that makes it a little harder then doesn't it... Uh... We'll have to see what happens
ha ha haa, i got the date sorted. ill be able to host the tournament on the 9th of January. now all i need is a good, free location to host it at and 8 people then done!

ps: although, if anyone has a zero-g, takara tomy attack or takara tomy balance stadium it would be helpful if you bring it, as i have yet to decide to make it a zero-g tournament or a normal tournament.

EDIT: HA HA HA HA, i got a location. the tournament will be at good games. ill get a topic up then.
I'm from newcastle but I'd definitely be up for going to Sydney for a tournament!
can people please check the bloody dates of these. im all for helping people but their are date to look at. sorry but nobody wants to hold a tournament apparently, im currently the only one who would and i don't live in sydney, i only went for a holiday. if you can find those who want to host one, then you can.
i live in Sydney but haven't played for 2 years
Viral, if you read this, look at our Attack Type BeyStadium deal in the BeyDays 2013 announcement thread.
Wow, this thread seems a bit dead :I
But if anyone reads this, know that I too am a Sydney Blader!

Please PM me if you're interested in a Sydney tournament this year in Sydney because I'm going to need all the help I can get to start a tournament.
I'd like to talk about certain arrangements that might need to be made for these sorts of competitions seeing as that I've never been in a tournament before, let-alone hosted one.
Nice one, FengYong. Keep it alive!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems all the usual stockists in Sydney have dropped Beyblade entirely. Never even saw Shogun Steel. Is this the same all over Australia? Reason for my saying so is: prizes.

I'm a big fan of the "prizes" idea but I don't fight in WBO tournaments. So while I can't fill your 8 people requirement, I can probably provide some kind of first prize courtesy of Beylon Customs Pty Ltd. That is, unless the WBO wants to do it. Whichever. But you really should have a prize for the winner.

My condition for supplying prizes is simple: get your video camera, record the tournament, upload the footage to youtube. There is no better way to encourage participation than through videos of tournaments. No video = no prize.

Simple, right?