Support for Shu!

Okay let me justify why they can't remove Shu from the anime:
1. He is the protagonist's best friend!
2. In season 1 of burst, during the team battles, when everyone was using Wakiya's gym machines Shu was the only one who said he didn't need any of that.. showing his confidence and faith in himself and his Beyblade.. So he not choosing metal incorporation in his Beyblade should come as no suprise and is one possibility.

(Mar. 02, 2018  7:07 PM)Silversylveon Wrote: The last thing Shu said before he became red eye was. I’m sorry Valt. I couldn’t keep my promise. What a terrible guy he is.

Hey Silversylveon! I am pretty sure Shu did not say anything before putting on the mask. But as you have said that I suppose you watch AMV's do you? and was it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZBr1dLslw
If yes.. the voice was actually taken from season 1 episode and merged with episode 36 of beyblade burst god.
Uh legend Spriggan and Requiem both have metal.

On a side note, m friend dressed up as Shu for the G1 tourney today hahaha
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Okay let me justify why they can't remove Shu from the anime:
2. In season 1 of burst, during the team battles, when everyone was using Wakiya's gym machines Shu was the only one who said he didn't need any of that.. showing his confidence and faith in himself and his Beyblade.. So he not choosing metal incorporation in his Beyblade should come as no suprise and is one possibility.

(Mar. 02, 2018  7:07 PM)Silversylveon Wrote: The last thing Shu said before he became red eye was. I’m sorry Valt. I couldn’t keep my promise. What a terrible guy he is.

Hey Silversylveon! I am pretty sure Shu did not say anything before putting on the mask. But as you have said that I suppose you watch AMV's do you? and was it this one?
If yes.. the voice was actually taken from season 1 episode and merged with episode 36 of beyblade burst god.
It doesn't matter if he's a main character though.. he can easily be replaced I don't see why he would wanna return after going through hell and back.
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:14 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Okay let me justify why they can't remove Shu from the anime:

Oh ok, no I didn’t watch it, my friends told me, I’ll delete it now, thanks very much... I’m off to find my friends now
(Mar. 03, 2018  3:53 PM)KnightPro Wrote:

It doesn't matter if he's a main character though.. he can easily be replaced I don't see why he would wanna return after going through hell and back.

This is precisely why the should bring him back to see how his dealing with what had happened logically speaking if someone has problems and has done things that he/her Is ashamed of you don't run away you battle through it to find your own redemption and to be redeem the way shu was built his s character that's supposed to fight and find redemption for what he did he doesn't have to beyblade right away he has to be scared to touch a bey until he recover if the writers want the can built a side story for Shu while continuing doing what his planning for the 3Rd season cause in my opinion writing of character who's that talented an beyblade isn't really a good choice specially when that person is currently rank #2 in the world and having one of the best records in beyblade burst only losing 1 time in season 1 and 3 time in season 2 to lui ,free and Valt which are by now the top 4 strongest bladers in beyblade burst and despite me liking lui and free alot I got to admit shu probaly is the strongest out of all them because of that the can still work with him but the probaly will not which is a wasted I would have be interested an seeing him in season 3
I agree with @[God Dragruler]'s take, and a bit of what @[Suhasini] said.

Kai was as bad or worse judging from what I'm reading here, and he wasn't exactly a nice person to begin with. But I admit I'm not up to snuff on all the details, but still, Kai was actually a villain, debatably multiple times.

Kind of spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the first series (Click to View)

I think Shu deserves the chance to come back more than Kai did, and I say that as a Kai fan. But the writers will do whatever they want, so we'll have to see.
(Mar. 03, 2018  9:29 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I agree with @[God Dragruler]'s take, and a bit of what @[Suhasini] said.

Kai was as bad or worse judging from what I'm reading here, and he wasn't exactly a nice person to begin with. But I admit I'm not up to snuff on all the details, but still, Kai was actually a villain, debatably multiple times.

Kind of spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the first series (Click to View)

I think Shu deserves the chance to come back more than Kai did, and I say that as a Kai fan. But the writers will do whatever they want, so we'll have to see.

Exactly my point hears someone who understand what I have been saying people just hate the character right away because he became a mega jerk while we saw far worse and people still like them at the end I understand some people are gonna say that kai was not really a good person to begin with but rather a very aggressive blader and the original beyblade Is different but regardless he still did what he and still was forgiven right away by his friends who went to all those things to save him keep in mind like you I'm a Kai fan from the original series I can bet when shu turn back good all the people that hate him will go back being his fans and for anyone who thinks that the reason I'm defending shu that much is because I'm his fan your wrong shu is in my top 3 but not my favourite so their's that
I totally agree with God Dragruler and Frostic Fox!
Shu was a well thought character from the beginning but personally I feel he was used like a 'Lab Rat' to be precise. They went like, "Let us try a shoulder injury on him!" And then make him lose to his arc nemesis and then red eye.I totally think he deserves another chance.
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:29 AM)Suhasini Wrote: I totally agree with God Dragruler and Frostic Fox!
Shu was a well thought character from the beginning but personally I feel he was used like a 'Lab Rat' to be precise. They went like, "Let us try a shoulder injury on him!" And then make him lose to his arc nemesis and then red eye.I totally think he deserves another chance.
Definitely ?
SHU IS POO SHU IS POO SHU IS POO
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:52 PM)SupremeBlxder24 Wrote: SHU IS POO SHU IS POO SHU IS POO

Please justify why.
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:29 AM)Suhasini Wrote: I totally agree with God Dragruler and Frostic Fox!

I actually think it is interesting what he went through (though I'm not up to the Red Eye stuff yet). People hit hurdles, people go off the path. Hardships happen. That's life.

I know a particular character in mind that went through something more extreme who I freakin' hate though, so I guess I'll have to see for myself how it was pulled off. But his other-series counterpart is one I love, so there's that.

Well, aren't we a classy fellow?  :P
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

I actually think it is interesting what he went through (though I'm not up to the Red Eye stuff yet). People hit hurdles, people go off the path. Hardships happen. That's life.

I know a particular character in mind that went through something more extreme who I freakin' hate though, so I guess I'll have to see for myself how it was pulled off. But his other-series counterpart is one I love, so there's that.

Well, aren't we a classy fellow?  :P
No.. I am not saying it was bad idea, it was actually an awesome plot.. I was just saying that after all the writers have made him go through it would really be injustice to abandon him in season 3.
Just curious, but which character are you talking about?
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:29 PM)Suhasini Wrote: No.. I am not saying not saying it was bad idea, it was actually an awesome plot.. I was just saying that after all he has gone through it would really be injustice to abandon him in season 3.
Just curious, but which character are you talking about?

From some different anime/manga, not Beyblade.

Naruto and 666 Satan (or O-Parts Hunter in the west). The mangaka/authors for them are twin brothers, so there are similarities between a number of characters (as they grew up with the same influences). I loved the 666 Satan guy, hated Naruto's. They start out evil, but then you find out they were good guys when they were young and were pushed over the edge by some event, and then try to turn around and attempt to make up for their crimes.

One guy I could accept and felt for him, the other I thought was a whiney baby (even if he never actually whined, it just started screaming through after they tried to make you feel sorry for him).

Ruins the stories some to say who, I think. Rather spoiler-y.
I think Shu’s been through quite a lot of suffering:
1. He got hit with his bey so hard that it gave him a scar. If the bey hit him any closer his eye, he probably would have been BLINDED in that eye
2. Then he got a lovely shoulder injury which pushed him to the limit
3. Not only did he lose to Lui, his bey got annihilated(I know it’s not Lui’s fault but it still happened)
Then in season 2
1. He joined the Red Bulls where it would be happily ever after. NOPE the leader of the snake pit was the owner
2. Manipulates free into leaving BC Sol and then Free bursts Spriggan probably bringing back his old insercurities about lui
No wonder he went mad and turned evil! I’m not saying it’s the right thing BUT he has suffered a lot and I see why he chose this path
I'll say this, the fact that the Bladebreakers instantly forgave Kai for all the wrong he did was a little stupid and too convenient for Kai and technically, Kai is more villainous than Shu. However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

With Kai, he doesn't know anything about how to make friends nor act respectful towards others (seeing it as a weakness). He has no social skills. He grew up in an abbey abandoned from a lot of people with an environment that's a lot like a prison camp (only not as extreme) and was raised and taught to act like a brute. His father also pretty much abandoned him for spinning tops which probably hits Kai hard. Shu on the other hand has none of these problems. He has social skills so he knows how to make friends, his parents are still around (albeit off-screen), he has a standard set of morals in the first series and he seems to have lived a pretty normal life. The only tragedy he seems to have is getting his scar (getting S2 broken doesn't count). Whilst getting his eye cut is deserving of sympathy, if that alone is meant to "justify" Shu's actions then I'm sorry, I don't see it. That's not to say that what Kai did was justified (far from it actually) but if we're going to see who is more of the "sympathetic tragic villain" then I'm sorry but Kai is sadly more tragic than Shu will ever be. I'm sure Shu has gone through a lot of hell but the fact he has no problem inflicting pain towards others does lose a bit of sympathy for him. 

And before you say some along the lines of "well it's a realistic series, of course Shu's backstory isn't nearly as extreme" the realistic nature makes Shu's actions stick out far more than Kai's actions so the "KAI DID WORSE THAN SHU" argument falls flat.

I'd compare Shu more to Tala honestly since they were lab rats to their leaders, are both power hungry and were manipulated to thinking what they're doing leads to victory.
You can't really call Shu evil, or blame him, as it's very clear he's been brainwashed by the Snake Pit to be Red Eye.  That's why he told Valt that Shu is dead when they first meet.  He was to all intents and purposes, totally suppressed within Red Eye.  Then after battling Lui, when he's revealed to be Shu, he gets even more intensive brainwashing to become more ruthless, when his Bey's upgraded to Sprggan Requium.  That's why I think Lui must have been trained in the Snake Pit, but then left or got thrown out, he's got that same attitude, especially as it looks like Shu/Red Eye has turned out exactly like Lui, or worse.  All we know about Lui from the first series is that he lived overseas before returning to Japan.  If Shu became so determined to beat Lui, it's very likely he searched out how Lui became as good a blader he is, which would explain how he got (maybe selected?) to go into the Snake Pit by Theodore Glass, from being in the  Raging Bulls.
(Mar. 05, 2018  5:11 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: You can't really call Shu evil, or blame him, as it's very clear he's been brainwashed by the Snake Pit to be Red Eye.  That's why he told Valt that Shu is dead when they first meet.  He was to all intents and purposes, totally suppressed within Red Eye.  Then after battling Lui, when he's revealed to be Shu, he gets even more intensive brainwashing to become more ruthless, when his Bey's upgraded to Sprggan Requium.  That's why I think Lui must have been trained in the Snake Pit, but then left or got thrown out, he's got that same attitude, especially as it looks like Shu/Red Eye has turned out exactly like Lui, or worse.  All we know about Lui from the first series is that he lived overseas before returning to Japan.  If Shu became so determined to beat Lui, it's very likely he searched out how Lui became as good a blader he is, which would explain how he got (maybe selected?) to go into the Snake Pit by Theodore Glass, from being in the  Raging Bulls.

Yes, he was brainwashed by Theodore Glass but ultimately, Shu did choose to abandon his friends and chose to break other people's beys. He wasn't possessed or whatever excuse he had, he went insane but in the end of the day he knew what he was doing. I'm pretty sure he wanted to break those other beys too, especially Lui and Valt.
(Mar. 05, 2018  8:05 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  5:11 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: You can't really call Shu evil, or blame him, as it's very clear he's been brainwashed by the Snake Pit to be Red Eye.  That's why he told Valt that Shu is dead when they first meet.  He was to all intents and purposes, totally suppressed within Red Eye.  Then after battling Lui, when he's revealed to be Shu, he gets even more intensive brainwashing to become more ruthless, when his Bey's upgraded to Sprggan Requium.  That's why I think Lui must have been trained in the Snake Pit, but then left or got thrown out, he's got that same attitude, especially as it looks like Shu/Red Eye has turned out exactly like Lui, or worse.  All we know about Lui from the first series is that he lived overseas before returning to Japan.  If Shu became so determined to beat Lui, it's very likely he searched out how Lui became as good a blader he is, which would explain how he got (maybe selected?) to go into the Snake Pit by Theodore Glass, from being in the  Raging Bulls.

Yes, he was brainwashed by Theodore Glass but ultimately, Shu did choose to abandon his friends and chose to break other people's beys. He wasn't possessed or whatever excuse he had, he went insane but in the end of the day he knew what he was doing. I'm pretty sure he wanted to break those other beys too, especially Lui and Valt.

I suppose Lui and Valt where his main weaknesses. Obviously we know why Lui is Shu enemy but Valt. After he turned evil he probably despised friendship and memories of that probably made him go insane. Maybe that’s why but I dunno
(Mar. 05, 2018  8:15 AM)Silversylveon Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  8:05 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yes, he was brainwashed by Theodore Glass but ultimately, Shu did choose to abandon his friends and chose to break other people's beys. He wasn't possessed or whatever excuse he had, he went insane but in the end of the day he knew what he was doing. I'm pretty sure he wanted to break those other beys too, especially Lui and Valt.

I suppose Lui and Valt where his main weaknesses. Obviously we know why Lui is Shu enemy but Valt. After he turned evil he probably despised friendship and memories of that probably made him go insane. Maybe that’s why but I dunno

Yeah, you do make a good point.
(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll say this, the fact that the Bladebreakers instantly forgave Kai for all the wrong he did was a little stupid and too convenient for Kai and technically, Kai is more villainous than Shu. However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

With Kai, he doesn't know anything about how to make friends nor act respectful towards others (seeing it as a weakness). He has no social skills. He grew up in an abbey abandoned from a lot of people with an environment that's a lot like a prison camp (only not as extreme) and was raised and taught to act like a brute. His father also pretty much abandoned him for spinning tops which probably hits Kai hard. Shu on the other hand has none of these problems. He has social skills so he knows how to make friends, his parents are still around (albeit off-screen), he has a standard set of morals in the first series and he seems to have lived a pretty normal life. The only tragedy he seems to have is getting his scar (getting S2 broken doesn't count). Whilst getting his eye cut is deserving of sympathy, if that alone is meant to "justify" Shu's actions then I'm sorry, I don't see it. That's not to say that what Kai did was justified (far from it actually) but if we're going to see who is more of the "sympathetic tragic villain" then I'm sorry but Kai is sadly more tragic than Shu will ever be. I'm sure Shu has gone through a lot of hell but the fact he has no problem inflicting pain towards others does lose a bit of sympathy for him. 

And before you say some along the lines of "well it's a realistic series, of course Shu's backstory isn't nearly as extreme" the realistic nature makes Shu's actions stick out far more than Kai's actions so the "KAI DID WORSE THAN SHU" argument falls flat.

I'd compare Shu more to Tala honestly since they were lab rats to their leaders, are both power hungry and were manipulated to thinking what they're doing leads to victory.
That's the best justification! I truly agree with you.But just to be clear. Do you want Shu in season 3 or not?
(Mar. 05, 2018  8:38 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll say this, the fact that the Bladebreakers instantly forgave Kai for all the wrong he did was a little stupid and too convenient for Kai and technically, Kai is more villainous than Shu. However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

That's the best justification! I truly agree with you.But just to be clear. Do you want Shu in season 3 or not?

Yes, I would like Shu to come back with maybe like a redemption arc where he vows to help young bladers become stronger bladers.

I think he'll make a surprise return honestly.
(Mar. 05, 2018  9:06 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2018  8:38 AM)Suhasini Wrote: That's the best justification! I truly agree with you.But just to be clear. Do you want Shu in season 3 or not?

Yes, I would like Shu to come back with maybe like a redemption arc where he vows to help young bladers become stronger bladers.

I think he'll make a surprise return honestly.

Yes a redemption arc would be the only way for Shu. It would make sense for him to become a beytrainer, from breaking beys to building them.
(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll say this, the fact that the Bladebreakers instantly forgave Kai for all the wrong he did was a little stupid and too convenient for Kai and technically, Kai is more villainous than Shu.

This is pretty much what I was saying, so you agree, and the rest of your post seems to address other things I don't find as relevant. The one other thing I put forth was that Kai's actions were arguably worse, and it doesn't sound like you disagree there (unless you personally want to play the "realistic" card you referred to, because I actually don't see that as a thing).

Brainwashing and actual insanity bring more circumstances into the equation, though, but I'll leave it at that. Maybe another day.

(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

Unfair comparison, IMO. Shu's story hasn't finished playing out or reached a point where we can comfortably say he won't turn around. So, it's a useless point. But you pretty much admitted that by bringing in the "yet". So I find this as an empty point.

I have no doubt Kai has the sadder backstory. I don't think anyone here has said otherwise or would disagree. Still, I find who has a sadder story fairly irrelevant to my stance, but to be fair, I haven't seen everything with Shu in execution yet--and that's where my opinion will probably most play out. Because as I said, execution and other details can make a difference.

(But I do think we should probably stick to anime to anime comparisons, as manga details change a decent portion of this discussion.)

I feel it's still worth commenting now, despite not fully caught up yet (working on it!), since one often expects responses from those they talked to. At the end of the day, when it comes down to how we "feel" about a character, no matter what facts we sort out, it will still come down to opinions. I don't care about being right or wrong, and you can't with opinions anyway--and different opinions make things interesting. :)

I think the Tala comparison sounds like it'd be fair though. My point was comparing people who abandoned their friends for power, then doing awful things to them and others, with the possibility open for turning them around. Kai is probably the most fitting for that sort of comparison. But there can be other comparisons, too.
(Mar. 05, 2018  3:24 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'll say this, the fact that the Bladebreakers instantly forgave Kai for all the wrong he did was a little stupid and too convenient for Kai and technically, Kai is more villainous than Shu.

This is pretty much what I was saying, so you agree, and the rest of your post seems to address other things I don't find as relevant. The one other thing I put forth was that Kai's actions were arguably worse, and it doesn't sound like you disagree there (unless you personally want to play the "realistic" card you referred to, because I actually don't see that as a thing).

Brainwashing and actual insanity bring more circumstances into the equation, though, but I'll leave it at that. Maybe another day.

(Mar. 04, 2018  9:24 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: However, Kai at least tried to redeem himself and apologised for his actions. Did Shu do either of those things? Nope, not yet anyway.

Unfair comparison, IMO. Shu's story hasn't finished playing out or reached a point where we can comfortably say he won't turn around. So, it's a useless point. But you pretty much admitted that by bringing in the "yet". So I find this as an empty point.

I have no doubt Kai has the sadder backstory. I don't think anyone here has said otherwise or would disagree. Still, I find who has a sadder story fairly irrelevant to my stance, but to be fair, I haven't seen everything with Shu in execution yet--and that's where my opinion will probably most play out. Because as I said, execution and other details can make a difference.

(But I do think we should probably stick to anime to anime comparisons, as manga details change a decent portion of this discussion.)

I feel it's still worth commenting now, despite not fully caught up yet (working on it!), since one often expects responses from those they talked to. At the end of the day, when it comes down to how we "feel" about a character, no matter what facts we sort out, it will still come down to opinions. I don't care about being right or wrong, and you can't with opinions anyway--and different opinions make things interesting. Smile

I think the Tala comparison sounds like it'd be fair though. My point was comparing people who abandoned their friends for power, then doing awful things to them and others, with the possibility open for turning them around. Kai is probably the most fitting for that sort of comparison. But there can be other comparisons, too.

I don't know but I think that the anime has over exaggerted the whole story of Shu being Red Eye. He was only supposed to destroy Lui's bey.. and not go on crushing every beyblade in his path. (RIP twin nemesis and to introduce the ultimate reboot they made him break the reboot!?) They really left nothing to make Shu look bad! This really depends on your opinion I believe. But your fact that Kai is more fitting in comparison with Shu is totally true and as you have stated that we still don't know will Shu redeem himself or not I think is another reason for him to be in the main cast of season 3.