Super Mario Galaxy

Guys..
Guys..
You're all forgetting what Mario REALLY needs.

guns, drugs, Hookers and stolen cars.
Give him a real edgy look.

I mean, it worked for Shadow the Hedgehog... Right?
Tamer Brad Wrote:does anyone really remember that mario is a plumber?

when was the last time he plumbed something?

I think it was in Superstar Saga actually.
SereneCrimson Wrote:Guys..
Guys..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EFgVRavVE0o
SereneCrimson Wrote:Guys..
Guys..

[Image: shadow-the-hedgehog-20051103050647389.jpg]

This is an example of EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THAT GAME
Yeah, that game was seriously messed up. I mean, the whole finding himself thing was a good concept, but they totally carp it up the second they involved aliens.
yeah the sonic games have just been going downhill. the adventure series was alright but everything past that was just stupid

also about shadow, he was alive for like a total of 5 minutes before he was sent into cold storage. how can you make a game about shadows origins?
No idea.

But I do know that this isn't a Sonic thread.

kthnx <3
The lowest review I've seen of SMG so far is a 9/10.(I've technically only seen 3)

It's looking like this is the Mario game we've all been waiting for.
I took a look at a clip of one of the boss battles, and it looks pretty epic. XD The boss itself is twice the size of most of those tiny planets.
SexyMichael Wrote:The lowest review I've seen of SMG so far is a 9/10.(I've technically only seen 3)

It's looking like this is the Mario game we've all been waiting for.

Oooooh, who called it? rofl

November 13th. I cannot wait. <3
anyone know what the basics of the storyline behind it are like? like why marios running around all these planets?
To save Peach from Bowser. Why else? Tongue_out Unless it decides to maverick from its roots like recent games and have an original boss, which is probably the case. I'm guessing some alien boss guy is threatening to blow up the galaxy or conquer it or something. You can always count on Mario games to have cheesy villains.
I preordered Super Mario Galaxy. I'm sure it will be really good, but I wish they would just make a Super Mario 64 2. (horrible name but you get it) It worked for Zelda. Twilight Princess was a lot like Ocarina of Time and it was amazing. Super Mario Galaxy should be more like Super Mario 64 than Super Mario Sunshine was though.
It did NOT work for Zelda. TP was a hollow, shallow display of fanservice and little else.
not picking this up on launch, ill get it for christmas

and yeah, twilight SUCKED. they need to make a sequel to MM, and make it sweet
Tamer Brad Wrote:It did NOT work for Zelda. TP was a hollow, shallow display of fanservice and little else.

You sir, are insane. TP was a great game. Sure Ocarina of Time was better, and there were some things I didn't like about TP, but I liked it way more that Wind Waker. By saying you didn't like TP it must mean that you didn't like Ocarina of Time either.

After I think about what I said, Super Mario Galaxy won't be like SMB 64 at all, but it will still be good.
Vulcan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:It did NOT work for Zelda. TP was a hollow, shallow display of fanservice and little else.

You sir, are insane. TP was a great game. Sure Ocarina of Time was better, and there were some things I didn't like about TP, but I liked it way more that Wind Waker. By saying you didn't like TP it must mean that you didn't like Ocarina of Time either.

After I think about what I said, Super Mario Galaxy won't be like SMB 64 at all, but it will still be good.

TP had no soul, it was basically Zelda: NA edition, and it clearly showed.
Vulcan Wrote:

Whether or not WW is a better game than TP is debatable. However, it was OVERFLOWING with soul and feeling, whereas TP rang hollow.

My favourite part of TP was when Midna was dying. Unfortunately, that's a little early in the game for a climax.

Also, I LOVED OoT, though I'm not sure if it was better than MM.
carp you all.. Wind Waker was amazing.. ;_;
Twilight Princess felt too bland at some areas (Though I loved the music, and some of the boss fights were great)

And I know I'm totally on the minority, but Ocarina of Time is pretty low on my list of favourite Zelda games. (But.. that doesn't mean much when the series only has like 10 games)

But on the topic of Mario, Super Mario Bros. 3 has been confirmed for release on the Virtual Console tomorrow.
Celebration time!
I loved WW personally. Graphics carp need to stop bitching about it, it was one tight game.
SexyMichael Wrote:I loved WW personally. Graphics carp need to stop bitching about it, it was one tight game.

And the graphics were amazing. People had no way to differentiate between graphics and intentional style.
Its been a long time since I finished TP and I've been meaning to go back and play it again because I honestly feel that all Zelda games are better the second time through. Anyway, I thought TP was truly epic. It took everything good about the Zelda series in 3D and made it better.

The story took on a more realistic, somewhat gritty tone and I really enjoyed it. I know some of you feel quite the opposite, but TP's story is as debatable as WW's graphics, if you get what I'm saying there.

For those of you who only played TP on Gamecube, I can totally see why you wouldn't be so impressed. Call me retarded or whatever you wish, but the added Wii controls really did make the game better. They were subtle changes but never once did I find myself wishing I was using a GC controller. In fact, I don't think I could ever go back to a "traditional" 3D Zelda control scheme now that I've played TP on Wii.

Also, the first time you step on to Epona and walk out into the Hyrule world map, the sense of scope was amazing. Its the small evolutions in the game play like this that truly made the game better for me.

I also thought the final boss fight was awesome.

ANYWAY

Super Mario Galaxy. Do want.
Roan Wrote:Its been a long time since I finished TP and I've been meaning to go back and play it again because I honestly feel that all Zelda games are better the second time through. Anyway, I thought TP was truly epic. It took everything good about the Zelda series in 3D and made it better.

The story took on a more realistic, somewhat gritty tone and I really enjoyed it. I know some of you feel quite the opposite, but TP's story is as debatable as WW's graphics, if you get what I'm saying there.

For those of you who only played TP on Gamecube, I can totally see why you wouldn't be so impressed. Call me retarded or whatever you wish, but the added Wii controls really did make the game better. They were subtle changes but never once did I find myself wishing I was using a GC controller. In fact, I don't think I could ever go back to a "traditional" 3D Zelda control scheme now that I've played TP on Wii.

Also, the first time you step on to Epona and walk out into the Hyrule world map, the sense of scope was amazing. Its the small evolutions in the game play like this that truly made the game better for me.

I also thought the final boss fight was awesome.

ANYWAY

Super Mario Galaxy. Do want.
100% agreed. Twilight Princess was a Zelda experience where I could fully immerse myself. It was a great Zelda game. Pales in comparison to OOT, but it's still fun.
Well Ryan, you haven't even played Majora's Mask (I think) so let's not judge the best before playing the best hmmm
Omg yes I have.

I've told you this I don't know how many times but you always seem to assume that I've never played MM.