Summer Spin Showdown - Retrospective

Yo, World/US Bladers!

The Summer Spin Showdown presented by the Toywiz and the World Beyblade Organization is officially over! Through the course of one month, excitement has been through the roof, obstacles were met, but what's important is that during the month of August, Beyblade was alive in the United States!

In retrospective, we'd like to hear your comments about this whole project, this collaboration. Are there things you think we can and should change as an organisation; do you have some constructive criticism about the host in your region; etc.?

But also, what did you purchase with your prizes or your participation coupon-code? Toywiz has tons of Beyblade products to offer, so how did you intensify your collection?!
I think collaborating with Toy Wiz was a great idea. To an extent, I think their advertising our events was even more productive than sponsoring prizes. Prizes are always great, yeah, but I didn't really here much talk of prizes in New York. It was more "holy carp, look how many bladers I get to face".

I do think weather was definitely an issue and should be addressed prior to approvals. It put a big dent in the New York tournament. Although it couldn't be helped in North Carolina, Dark_Mousy was hell bent on having an indoor venue should anything go wrong, and I think that helped him. I think there should be mandated rain dates or Plan B's for weather next time. Uncertain

I really think the Toy Wiz crew were really proactive in making this work, which was essential in its execution. More stadiums would be great, of course. If this should be repeated, maybe the prize next time would be the sponsored stadium that was used in the event? That way, there could be a few stadiums sent out. After all, they are in such high demand. Anyone who already has one will want a second one in case theirs breaks.

Good job to everyone who made this work!
I totally agree. Working with ToyWiz to provide prizes and encourage tournament hosting throughout the U.S. was an excellent idea. I wish that can extend past the border to Canada perhaps or even overseas. ToyWiz ships internationally as well. During the duration of the event I hadn't noticed a banner on ToyWiz promoting us and wish they do so next time around. Anyways, congrats to the committee on getting this organized. Thanks!
(Sep. 06, 2011  6:45 PM)Hero Wrote: I totally agree. Working with ToyWiz to provide prizes and encourage tournament hosting throughout the U.S. was an excellent idea. I wish that can extend past the border to Canada perhaps or even overseas. ToyWiz ships internationally as well. During the duration of the event I hadn't noticed a banner on ToyWiz promoting us and wish they do so next time around. Anyways, congrats to the committee on getting this organized. Thanks!

While there was no banner, they made an entirely new "section" on their Beyblade page (like the ones for Starters, Japanese imports, etc.) dedicated to the Summer Spin Showdown, so that was great too.
It would be a nice idea if we could, instead of having one big event, just advertise new releases for them and have them advertise tournaments for us.

Like when we do monthly giveaways, put it at the end "to get this item guaranteed, you can purchase it direct from Toy Wiz" and just have a link to the item on their site or something like that. In exchange, they can just have an upcoming tournaments list for us on their site.
When the campaign was first released, I was personally happy for the US bladers. My concern at the time was probably the overwhelming response it would create, whether Toywiz was ready to accomodate the sponsorship for tournaments across the US for the world's largest beyblade community. It was a good thing that few restrictions were put, and focused on more of the beyblader populated area.

From what I read throughout the forum and threads, I gather that Toywiz were extremely involved in the process and helpful as much as they possibly can. I'm fairly certain that the participants and hosts were grateful for that. So please show your support for Toywiz also.

I hope in the future, if there is one, do consider going international. For some of us, prizes are not that important, rather, being a part of an awesome campaign is.
(Sep. 06, 2011  7:21 PM)Uwik Wrote: I hope in the future, if there is one, do consider going international. For some of us, prizes are not that important, rather, being a part of an awesome campaign is.
This. A majority of bladers don't fight for prizes, but for pride. I enjoy the volume it brought it, despite the fact that Cye and I were just staring at each other for like, 10 minutes during round three being like "wtf are we going to do?".
I hosted one on Saturday and I think it went good. Considering it was my first tournament I ran it didnt go that bad. There were a few things i did wrong but it was fun at least.
hope that a this can happen again
All of it was quite nice, but I was hoping it'd be more like BeyDays, where entry was free and there was so much to look forward to. Hopefully, I can soon attend something like this.
These Tournies were awesome. Free entry and generous prizes. I hope we can do this again.
Will the BeyLotto be coming soon? I used my coupon code to get a RBV7 and LDD
The entry was free.
I could not go to any of the tourtaments due to my own circumstances, but from what I understand, teaming up with toywiz has little to no downsides for the WBO. If another event is to happen next summer, then both WBO and Toywiz aassociates should already begin discussion on how to improve the tournaments. The number of participants was unexpectadly large and somewhat harder to control, but with some extra planning, I am sure that would not be a problem in the future. I highly suggest the WBO strengthen it's relation with Toywiz.

There is something to consider however, Toywiz needs to get something out of this as well, more than just publicity. Be aware that for a relationship like this to be succsessful, both sides need to have equal benifit.

On a side note, toywiz does carry some japanese products. I know for a fact that if I had participated, that coupon would go directly towards an attack stadium, something that many hasbro beybladers would love to have, but don't for many reasons.

This is all just from a spectator's logical perpestive. Obviously there may be factors I left out because I did not directly participate, but please consider these words carefuly, and then chosoe to elaborate on them or not.
(Sep. 06, 2011  9:32 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: I could not go to any of the tourtaments due to my own circumstances, but from what I understand, teaming up with toywiz has little to no downsides for the WBO. If another event is to happen next summer, then both WBO and Toywiz aassociates should already begin discussion on how to improve the tournaments. The number of participants was unexpectadly large and somewhat harder to control, but with some extra planning, I am sure that would not be a problem in the future. I highly suggest the WBO strengthen it's relation with Toywiz.

There is something to consider however, Toywiz needs to get something out of this as well, more than just publicity. Be aware that for a relationship like this to be succsessful, both sides need to have equal benifit.

On a side note, toywiz does carry some japanese products. I know for a fact that if I had participated, that coupon would go directly towards an attack stadium, something that many hasbro beybladers would love to have, but don't for many reasons.

This is all just from a spectator's logical perpestive. Obviously there may be factors I left out because I did not directly participate, but please consider these words carefuly, and then chosoe to elaborate on them or not.

Hm, yes, we already discussed all of these points ...
The fact that the commitee has already begun discussing all of that is very good news, regardless of thier final decision.
Actually, since the beginning and throughout the whole Summer Spin Showdown, we have been in close contact with John and Bebs from Toywiz to notably talk about the points you mentioned.
Too bad I couldn't go to any, but looks like the prizes were great and hope everyone had fun.
It was a great time but you couldn't use the code and the coupon together otherwise I would have saved A lot of money
(Sep. 06, 2011  10:56 PM)Eartheagle1997 Wrote: It was a great time but you couldn't use the code and the coupon together otherwise I would have saved A lot of money

There are certain things that companies just cannot afford to do, no matter how kind they are, hah.

What did you get on Toywiz though ? Why is absolutely no one even posting what they bought on Toywiz, is it such a personal question hah ?
I had an amazing time at WBO Bey Lightning. Thanks to Toywiz and the committee for putting this together, and thanks to iBeyblader for hosting the tourney! Grin

I actually haven't used my code yet, but I've heard that the value has dropped to 5% off. Is this correct?

Anyway, it was an awesome time, and I hope that this kind of thing can happen in the future!

(Sep. 07, 2011  12:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2011  10:56 PM)Eartheagle1997 Wrote: It was a great time but you couldn't use the code and the coupon together otherwise I would have saved A lot of money

There are certain things that companies just cannot afford to do, no matter how kind they are, hah.

What did you get on Toywiz though ? Why is absolutely no one even posting what they bought on Toywiz, is it such a personal question hah ?

You can't say absolutely no one Cuz I did.
Plus you didn't answer my question
When will the BeyLotto start?
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:06 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: You can't say absolutely no one Cuz I did.

Ah, it seems that I missed that part of your post.

We will try to post the details of the BeyLotto as soon as possible. However, there are still tournaments for which, I believe, we have not received the results and the list of participants from yet.
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2011  1:06 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: You can't say absolutely no one Cuz I did.

Ah, it seems that I missed that part of your post.

We will try to post the details of the BeyLotto as soon as possible. However, there are still tournaments for which, I believe, we have not received the results and the list of participants from yet.

Ok Sounds good. It will at least happen in September right?
I probably should have gone to one, but none of them were really around my area, except for the New York one, and that would still be a bit of a trip for me. Next year my family is probably moving to boston, which is still a bit away from a majority of the action. Then again, the few tournaments I've been in I've lost within the first few rounds, lol. Though it puts a damper on my beypoints, I still enjoy playing. Would I go to it next time? i don't know. Next year I'll probably be caught up in a lot of stuff, as for what to do after my senior year, and such.
It was a great time. Sadly the one I went to, the Los Angeles one got canceled, but instead there was a small tourney and I still had a great time there. My first WBO tournament and got second place! Hopefully there will be more of these with great sponsors like ToyWiz. Overall, this was a great idea!!