[Suffolk County, Long Island, New York] Gathering interest for Southampton!

I've been getting PMs and requests for a tournament out east lately. Before I find a location, what town is everyone in on Long Island and how far are you willing to travel? Ideally, I don't want to travel too far from home. I live in Southampton.

Okay, so I found some bladers that live in my area. Let's see how many I can get for a tournament:

Place: Cooper's Beach, Southampton, NY
Time: Noon-ish
Date: September 4th, 2011

Prizes to be determined

Players:
Sol Pegasis
Deikailo
Khomari (no account yet)

Possibles:
Daniel Aleski
I thought you wanted to stop hosting tournaments and playing altogether ?
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I thought you wanted to stop hosting tournaments and playing altogether ?
My mom wants me to do something for the kids she works with, which is a good idea, I think. She works with kids who have suffered from domestic abuse and from what she has told me, they love Beyblade and she believes it would be a good way to cope.

As long as I don't have to travel very far, it isn't an issue. I just have to drive 2 hours+ to get to New York City, which gets to be expensive ($40 in gas). If I stay local (40 minute drive), it won't consume too much time.
you show new combo or the sliding shoot it be teching kids very fun they will learn to be good at beyblade probly they could beat me
you show new combo or the sliding shoot it be teching kids very fun they will learn to be good at beyblade probly they could beat me
This is a really good,I idea for the kids,as Hydriegon said,we can teach them sliding shoot and banking or maybe give them some Beyblades of our own for them to get started.
I don't think I would compete because aside from IKMV and Gabe, there are no experienced bladers out here.

But this would be great if we can do something for these guys. I think Beyblade has boosted all of our confidence. Imagine what we could do for these kids.
i live in wantagh, NY but i doubt i'll be able to go. if it's soon like this thursday, i can't. i'll be in florida for vacation.... -.- no idea when i'm getting back
i live in east meadow nd also Carloskiller lives here also nd u can call us i bit experiened
........ i lik 2 face strong new bladers nd see how strong thier beys r nd see the stadiums in tournaments. im 1 of the member of team kerbecs with omen lacerta nd carloskiller 4 me nd lacerta r experienced but for carloskiller he needs practice so can u please put the tournament in east meadow
Updated the OP with some event info. Check it out!
Should we do double elimination
No, double elimination is done for 30+ participants. I'll handle the format.
haha id go but its 4 hours away XD
Then really, what's the point in posting? You can barely get to NYC without asking for rides.
What time should i be there