Poll: Which signature is better?

Version 1
64.29%
Version 2
14.29%
Version 3
21.43%
Total: 100% 14 vote(s)
(Mar. 31, 2009  12:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I suppose. To me, it looks like that effect that can be done with lights, mostly in anime though ... I do not know how to describe it. However, it does not look like a "chain link fence" in my opinion, which is why it should stay if you decide to keep the very bright spots on Storm Pegasis' Metal Wheel.

I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding the anime effect. Why do you think it should stay if I keep the bright spots on the Wheel (which are from a Cinema 4D render, by the way)?

I did make some changes:

Version 3
[Image: stormpegasissigver3z.png]

- Removed gray effect on the left side of the Wheel
- Reversed colour of text, it is now white with a blue stroke
- Removed fence texture from the Wheel, it is still viewable in the background at a reduced opacity
- Added shadow begind Storm Pegasis Wheel
- Added some more colour to the background by using some round, soft brushes and lowering opacity. I didn't want to make a drastic change to it, so I left the overall tone as blue.
- Added some smudging on the right side of the Storm Pegasis Wheel, though it may be hard to notice

What do you think?
i think that pegasis pic is too low res to work
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: [Image: stormpegasissigver3b.png]

What do you think?

Nice, it looks much better than the previous two Smile
I vote this for the new sig. Joyful_2
Just edited my previous post; I didn't like how dark some of the blue's were so I lightened it up a bit.

(Mar. 31, 2009  1:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i think that pegasis pic is too low res to work

Hmm, maybe. It did look a little better in the original versions due to the gradient that was placed over the entire thing.
the only way i got away with using those pictures was radial blur
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding the anime effect. Why do you think it should stay if I keep the bright spots on the Wheel (which are from a Cinema 4D render, by the way)?
Perhaps this is not exactly what I meant, however : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/K...itters.jpg
And because it is closely related to light ...

Kei Wrote:I did make some changes:

Version 3
[Image: stormpegasissigver3z.png]

- Removed gray effect on the left side of the Wheel
- Reversed colour of text, it is now white with a blue stroke
- Removed fence texture from the Wheel, it is still viewable in the background at a reduced opacity
- Added shadow begind Storm Pegasis Wheel
- Added some more colour to the background by using some round, soft brushes and lowering opacity. I didn't want to make a drastic change to it, so I left the overall tone as blue.
- Added some smudging on the right side of the Storm Pegasis Wheel, though it may be hard to notice

What do you think?
Points 1, 2, 4 and 6 are good. If you insist on using only blue tones, you definitely have to choose another shade. I prefer your first Version 3.
(Mar. 31, 2009  1:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i think that pegasis pic is too low res to work
Actually, great way to work around that is to blur it and then manually sharpen it. The results can be...interesting.

Try fooling around with the channels otherwise.
I love it and never could have done it myself lol, one point that i haven't liked through all of them is that the hole below the face stands out. Maybe put one on the left side? or lighten it a little.

EDIT: Sorry was not thinking. the is no hole there on the real blade face.