Storm Capricorne M145Q

Okay, other than that, looks all clear to me.
In other versions you forgot Screw Capricorn 90MF
Screw Capricorn is a completely different bey. Just like how you won't see 'Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F' in the other versions of Storm Pegasis. Or Infinity Libra/Poison Giraffe (it has some unique parts) in the Flame Libra/Rock Giraffe articles.
Actually Infinity Libra is in the Flame Libra article
(Jul. 11, 2010  6:09 PM)♥ Wrote: STORM CAPRICORNE M145Q

Contents
1 Face: Capricorne
2 Clear Wheel: Capricorne
3 Metal Wheel: Storm
3.1 Use in Attack Customization
4 Track: Move 145
5 Bottom: Quake
6 Other Versions
7 Gallery
8 Overall

Face: Capricorne
The Face illustrates Capricorn, the tenth astrological sign in the Zodiac. This Seagoat is depicted as having six horns. Hasbro's version of the Face mark in its Fury Capricorn release omits the word "CAPRICORNE" on the banner at the bottom of this animal.

Clear Wheel: Capricorne
Weight: 2.6 grams
The Capricorne Clear Wheel is quite angular, representing two goat heads, tailed by long, banded horns, and another two small Spikes separating each head from the other's horns. While not a particularly useful part, the angular design can allow for some added [[Smash Attack]], and if one has no better Clear Wheels, it can be a decent choice for such customizations, as long as it does not obscure the Metal Wheel's contact points.
This first release of Capricorn is a clear Bright Orange.

Metal Wheel: Storm
Weight: 30.4 grams
The main shape of Storm consists of three wing-like forms, each with slightly jagged ends, which are used for mediocre [[Smash Attack]]. While paired with a 100 track and a Rubber Flat Bottom, Storm had once been a top tier Metal Wheel. It has since been outclassed by countless other Metal Wheels, such as Vulcan, Lightning and Blitz. Storm should not be considered for competitive use, unless there are absolutely no other available options.

Track: Move 145
Weight: 4.2 grams
M145 is a round Track, with a mode change gimmick. The connectors which the Bottom attach to can be moved into two different modes, designated as Large Jump and Small Jump.

When the connectors are manually moved to the Large Jump position, the connectors are located off center. The Bottom is therefore off center, and the Beyblade moves erratically, and will bounce up and down on the Stadium floor.

In the Small Jump position, the connectors are still slightly off center, but less so than Large Jump mode. In this position, the Beyblade will not jump nearly as much; instead, it will move with far more regularity.

M145 bounces most vigorously when used with Sharp series Bottoms, such as Sharp and Ball Sharp. It's also the first part in the whole Beyblade toyline to have a real, effective jumping gimmick, regardless of how useful it is.

This Track's gimmick is seen as purely for entertainment and interest; it has yet to be used in any competitive customizations, as it is too unpredictable. When the Beyblade is temporarily in the air when it is bouncing, it is extremely easy to KO, as its friction with the floor is zero. Beyblades using this Track also suffer from extremely low Stamina, as the off center Bottom disrupts the rotation severely.

TAKARA-TOMY's M145 is reportedly less solid in its mode change than Hasbro's. The connectors, upon considerable and punctual impact, can slide into their other position on their own, which is against the nature of the Track's gimmick.

Bottom: Quake
Weight: 0.6 grams
Quake is a uniquely shaped Bottom; it is similar to a wider version of Extreme Flat, but with a 45° cut through it. As a result, it is non symmetrical. In practice, this performs similarly to WF in movement, albeit with small jumps.

The Bottom is clearly designed to be combined with M145 to produce the jumping gimmick. In fact, on top of the two modes M145 already has, Q adds two other modes to this combination. Although without official names, they are achieved by either positioning the angled side of Q towards the center of the Beyblade, or towards the outside. Bringing the total of mode changes to four, all of them are still useless, but the position of the angled side when in Small Jump mode can at least slightly compensate for the off-center connectors, because the flat part of the tip is brought as close to the center as possible while the decline faces the exterior.

===IMPORTANT: Mold Variations===
Two molds of Q exist: the first mold has the most acute angle, leaving barely a milimeter of flat surface to the end of the tip. This sharp change creates a lot of erratic movements to an otherwise normal flat Bottom's pattern. When paired with M145, this mold therefore greatly accentuates the height of the jumps in both Large and Small Jump modes, decreasing the Beyblade's Stamina even more. The first mold is only available in TAKARA-TOMY's Booster of Storm Capricorne M145Q.

The second mold leaves quite a few more milimeters of flat tip before cutting into a sharp angle. Logically, this less severe decline brings more calm to Q's movement pattern while still causing intermittent small jumps once in a while. All of Hasbro's Q and all of the later releases of Q by TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong are of this second mold.

Other Versions
Dark Capricorne 105RF – Hybrid Wheel Reshuffle Set (Attack & Balance) (Purple)
Flame Capricorne T125HF – Random Booster Vol.4 Mirage Virgo (Grey Brown)
Rock Capricorne T125D – Random Booster Vol.4 Mirage Virgo (Light Grey)

Overall
While M145 and Q are interesting gimmick parts, they are ultimately useless in competitive customizations. '''There is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade.'''

This should have most of the knowledge about Storm Capricorne M145Q. I do not own the first mold more than anybody else apparently, but at this point, I think we should just accurately guess, because in any case it is clear that we are not going to make a big mistake like saying that it is useless when it should be useful ...
Yeah I like what you added for Q. It doesn't push into the territory of testing and results, but it gives a logical (eye yoosed your wurd) explanation of the differences that I don't think anyone would doubt or disagree with.
Hm, I changed the order of the last paragraph in the Q description. I had forgotten that it would appear as if it were under the "Mold Variations" mini-section, where it does not really belong.
Perhaps it should be mentioned that M145 offers the most effective jumping gimmick of any such part released before it?

I'm not really sure that S/BS offer the most vigorous jumping, but sharp tips are generally the best tips for M145 as they provide it with good jumping, aggressive movement, and somewhat passable stamina.
You are referring to jumping gimmicks from the plastics ?
Yes, Jumping Base, Trygle's SG Jumping Base and Cyber Dragoon's SG Jumping Base 2.
Oh, and also Einstein MS from HMS.

They finally got past their restrictive idea of "use springs to bounce".

Whether it is the most useful of them is questionable, of course. Jumping Base apparently had some use at one point for reducing battles to pure chance rather than a contest of skill (as pure luck is better than nothing, if that's what you're stuck with), though it became less effective with further releases. That said, M145 seems to work well for some people, and it was actually moderately effective against 230 when few other things were doing particularly well.
So M145 has the best jumping gimmick ? In other words, it jumps more than other jumping parts ?
By a very significant degree.
None of the plastic ones really "jump", Jumping Base bounces a little after collisions, probably the most noticeable up until that point, but on its own it only bounces a couple of times, three maybe if you slam it down on launch (and it doesn't just bounce out of the stadium).

SG Jumping Base (Trygle) just "pops up" (and then falls over), as does SG Jumping Base 2.

Einstein MS, I do not own, but again, from videos and what I've heard it seems to bounce rather than hop, and to a very limited degree, a bit like Jumping Base.

In short, yes, by a very, very long way. It's really the only one that actually "jumps" rather than just bouncing or popping up when hit.
OK, I added a sentence about it.
I don't see it, perhaps it is just my tired eyes from work and lack of sleep.

I think the Capricorne section could be a bit more detailed. I have a half finished screw capricorne draft, here's what I wrote, feel free to use/adapt/ignore it to taste, I'm not totally satisfied with the first sentence, to be honest.

Quote:The Capricorne Clear Wheel is quite angular, representing two goat heads, tailed by long, banded horns, and another two small Spikes separating each head from the others horns. While not a particularly useful part, the angular design can allow for some added [[Smash Attack]], and if one has no better Clear Wheels, it can be a decent choice for such customizations, as long as it does not obscure the Metal Wheel's contact points.

Also, the MW section needs to be updated with more current Attack Wheels. Perhaps I'm viewing a dated version or something, I'm talking about this version: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Storm-Ca...#pid913511

(Mar. 07, 2012  6:51 PM)th!nk Wrote: I don't see it, perhaps it is just my tired eyes from work and lack of sleep.

I think the Capricorne section could be a bit more detailed. I have a half finished screw capricorne draft, here's what I wrote, feel free to use/adapt/ignore it to taste, I'm not totally satisfied with the first sentence, to be honest.

Quote:The Capricorne Clear Wheel is quite angular, representing two goat heads, tailed by long, banded horns, and another two small Spikes separating each head from the others horns. While not a particularly useful part, the angular design can allow for some added [[Smash Attack]], and if one has no better Clear Wheels, it can be a decent choice for such customizations, as long as it does not obscure the Metal Wheel's contact points.

Also, the MW section needs to be updated with more current Attack Wheels. Perhaps I'm viewing a dated version or something, I'm talking about this version: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Storm-Ca...#pid913511

It is in the fourth paragraph of the M145 section.

Hahah, I just noticed/remembered that Screw Capricorne did not even get a new Capricorne Clear Wheel. OK, I just copied and pasted your description, since I do not see what more could be written about such a Clear Wheel.

I added Blitz to the list, but I think it is fine to give Vulcan and Lightning as examples, because it shows just how early Storm got outclassed (BB-28 versus BB-43).
Ahh, yes, very good.

Poor Screw Capricorne, it never got any love from anyone, especially TT.

Honestly, Storm was pretty much outclassed on release, with Metal System Pegasis and Leone running around. That said, back then, defense used WB so it wasn't as noticeable.
Pegasis and Leone's potential was discovered much later thanks to the Italians. Upon release, Storm was unfortunately considered the best, hah.
Yeah, I know, just saying it was outclassed, people just didn't know it. Happened again with Ray :\

Oh, two more small things: Q is basically identical in size to XF, minus the missing chunk, so perhaps the WF stuff should be altered? And you've got a stray apostrophe at the end of the article.

Other than that, good to go, IMO.
I fixed the apostrophe, but the base of Q is quite larger than even XF, and the actual flat part would probably be closer to WF's size than XF's, although I only own XF and Q.
If we're talking the contact surface area of the tip and its movement speed, then yes, it would be closer to WF. Were the cutaway filled, though, it would be only fractionally larger than XF, so for the sentence: 'it is similar to a wider version of Wide Flat, but with a 45° cut through it', I would change it to Extreme Flat, as otherwise, it kinda reads like it's wider than WF, but not XF, seeing as XF isn't mentioned.
Ah, yes, I had forgotten the context it was compared in. I changed it.
Another additional version would be Screw Capricorn 90 MF.
I wouldn't honestly consider it an alternate version, that's like saying Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger is an alternate version of Dragoon S.
It's still part of the same Hybrid Wheel System though.
Perhaps a clearer analogy would be dragoon S and F, seeing as they share a weight disk? Both Ultimate/Spin Dragoon and MDBS were in the same line, I chose them simply because, like storm and screw capricorne, they aren't just a "next evolution".

Basing the definition of "alternate version" on the least influential part of the beyblade is just ridiculous btw, and leads to stuff like this. Honestly, we should leave it for recolors and other things that are clearly alternate versions, such as the legend series and the, metal system. Perhaps create comprehensive lists of what beyblaes each part may be found in, or add that to the parts list or something.

This is really largely unrelated, but nevertheless I strongly disagree that Screw Capricorn is a "version" of this beyblade. Perhaps a clearer analogy would be dragoon S and F, seeing as they share a weight disk? Both Ultimate/Spin Dragoon and MDBS were in the same line, I chose them simply because, like storm and screw capricorne, they aren't just a "next evolution".

Basing the definition of "alternate version" on the least influential part of the beyblade is just ridiculous btw, and leads to stuff like this. Honestly, we should leave it for recolors and other things that are clearly alternate versions, such as the legend series and the, metal system. Perhaps create comprehensive lists of what beyblaes each part may be found in, or add that to the parts list or something.

This is really largely unrelated, but nevertheless I strongly disagree that Screw Capricorn is a "version" of this beyblade.