Storing Beyblade Burst: Assembled or Disassembled?

As I was putting away some beys earlier, I started to think about the drivers and their spring mechanism. I usually store my beys assembled, but do you think keeping the spring inside the driver compressed all of the time is gonna weaken the tension of the spring? In the short term, probably not, but I'm thinking long term. I collect vintage Japanese robots and many of them come with spring-loaded projectile fists or missiles, and I usually unattach them to not risk the weakening of the spring gimmick. Anyway, would love to hear some opinions on this.
i store unassembled, because i don’t want the driver springs to get worn out.  

But i’ve read it doesn’t really matter, because even when assembled the driver spring is not completely compressed all the way.  as long as there is some decompression the spring tension should be fine, according to some folks around here.

that said, i don’t want to risk it, so as i mentioned i store unassembled.  for active collections, it’s also just way easier to manage and use.
I don't think it wears the teeth down. I leave my beys assembled, so they are always ready when I need them. Half of them are Takara Tomy, so I would notice if it wore down the teeth.
Absolutely disassembled. I left an xtreme (hasbro) assembled with v2 and knuckle for about 3-4 weeks. I compared it to another hasbro xtreme, after reading this interesting thread, which was new. Well, there was no comparison. The new was MUCH tighter than the old, who lost i think 2-2,5 points in a 5 points chart.
Unassembled is good for ease of storage. There seems to be no clear signs of damage, but we can't be 100% sure at this point.

I have a thread on the subject right over here with info that I think may be helpful.

(May. 22, 2018  6:27 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Absolutely disassembled. I left an xtreme (hasbro) assembled with v2 and knuckle for about 3-4 weeks. I compared it to another hasbro xtreme, after reading this interesting thread, which was new. Well, there was no comparison. The new was MUCH tighter than the old, who lost i think 2-2,5 points in a 5 points chart.

The only thing is, people have complained about Hasbro being inconsistent with the springs. So unless you're pretty sure it was tighter before, comparing it against another driver may not be the best way to be sure.

Because I had mine assembled for a month or more for TT, and in comparing against new parts (God Customize Set to God Customize Set), I could discern no difference. It would have to be that my parts had all happened to be better than the new ones and got worse to the point of being equal....? Which doesn't sound quite right to me.

But it could be that Hasbro springs are rather different, that's a thought..

It would be cool to work out further testing. I wonder if there is some device we could use to more accurately measure driver tightness.... That would be really cool and useful.
Thanx Frostic Fox! I read your thread and I think the overall consensus is "better safe than sorry", so disassembled is the way to go.
Yes, that's the perfect phrase for it, haha!

I just know I was incredibly bummed out when I first heard the claim, since I had not been able to play with my beys much and had them assembled. "I already wrecked them!?" But I was very glad to see that it didn't seem to be the case.

But yeah, definitely better safe than sorry.
(May. 22, 2018  7:16 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Unassembled is good for ease of storage. There seems to be no clear signs of damage, but we can't be 100% sure at this point.

I have a thread on the subject right over here with info that I think may be helpful.

(May. 22, 2018  6:27 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Absolutely disassembled. I left an xtreme (hasbro) assembled with v2 and knuckle for about 3-4 weeks. I compared it to another hasbro xtreme, after reading this interesting thread, which was new. Well, there was no comparison. The new was MUCH tighter than the old, who lost i think 2-2,5 points in a 5 points chart.

The only thing is, people have complained about Hasbro being inconsistent with the springs. So unless you're pretty sure it was tighter before, comparing it against another driver may not be the best way to be sure.

Because I had mine assembled for a month or more for TT, and in comparing against new parts (God Customize Set to God Customize Set), I could discern no difference. It would have to be that my parts had all happened to be better than the new ones and got worse to the point of being equal....? Which doesn't sound quite right to me.

But it could be that Hasbro springs are rather different, that's a thought..

It would be cool to work out further testing. I wonder if there is some device we could use to more accurately measure driver tightness.... That would be really cool and useful.

Hey fox! Yes, before i stored the combo in my closet xtreme (blue version, comes with xcalius and roktavor r2 2-pack) wasn't that weak. I can't tell anything about tt drivers since i have only xtreme and volcanic. But in the end, tt springs are overall tighter than the ones in performance tips. I also guess there could be tt drivers with bad springs, i mean there must be. Again, i have no experience with tt burst beys. I'm only wondering not all takara tomy beyblades have super-tight drivers. So i'll let more experienced bladers talk about the question.

In my experience with hasbro burst beys, i have to say that layers like s3, roktavor and v2 have all great slopes and you have to force a little bit to make them skip the first slope or the layers get back in position by themselves. The new extreme makes the combo very tight, the old one lets you burst the bey by using hands quite easily.
Ops, i forgot to say that even discs (both forge & core) make a difference for the tightness of the whole combo. Heavy disc is amazing in doing this because it "hugs" the layers in "a grizzly bear way", even more than the super-hyper famed 7.
For ease of storage purposes, it really is better to have the Beys disassembled. But for example when you were already using them, it would be much better to keep unBursted combos assembled and the Bursted ones disassembled for storage, so as to prolong the lifespan of the teeth for both the Layers and Drivers. At least that was what I have already been doing since I first started Beyblading again with a Storm Spriggan.