Star Wars Episode: VII (7) by Disney

For Star Wars fans here in WBO, George Lucas has probably decided to retire and passed the Star Wars name to Disney, so post your thoughts about this.

Here's a video of George Lucas himself in a interview of him explaining why he's passing Star Wars to Disney, sort of.

EDITED added on November 3, 2012; George Lucas is signing the contract giving the rights of Lucasfilm to Disney, along with more discussions about it.
I mean YEAH STAR WARS 7! But Disney's making it... THEY MADE AVENGERS TOO! Regardless it's Disney...
No idea what I feel about this.
Well for me I don't know how Disneys gonna make Episode VII good, especially after Ep. VI Return of the Jedi. The Saga was complete there it was the story of Anakin Skywalker if you actual put them together. I don't know how they can make Ep.VII either be epic as the previous Eps and fits to the saga to deserve being part as Episode VII, or be a complete fail.
This makes me so excited. Um the books continue the story of their (luke and leia's) kids so they could focus on that. There's so much they could focus on outside of Anakin Skywalker. Focusing on him while he was the the original centre and start is generally quite narrow minded to me.
Heres how it will probably turn out-
Mickey Mouse- Han Solo. I am your father!
Han Solo- NOOOO!
...or you know...something like that. It will probably be animated yes?
They could focus on the Old Republic. It would be great because the Old Republic game is still pretty new. Having Malik, Reven, and all of those cool guys would be awesome in movies. They could also do movies on the New Republic which would be pretty cool too. Disney has a lot of possibilities.
(Nov. 01, 2012  10:17 PM)Déjà vu Wrote: Heres how it will probably turn out-
Mickey Mouse- Han Solo. I am your father!
Han Solo- NOOOO!
...or you know...something like that. It will probably be animated yes?

If you're gonna make a joke then actually make a decent one. Um no it won't. None of the other proper star wars movies were and since this is a continuation it won't be animated. Just because something is made by disney doesn't mean it will be animated.
(Nov. 01, 2012  11:21 PM)aensoni17 Wrote: They could focus on the Old Republic. It would be great because the Old Republic game is still pretty new. Having Malik, Reven, and all of those cool guys would be awesome in movies. They could also do movies on the New Republic which would be pretty cool too. Disney has a lot of possibilities.

Yeah i'd love a movie based on the old republic series. Would be amazing.
Wow, Episode 7? Didn't see that coming..
Anyway, about Disney owning SW as a whole, I really hope The Clone Wars is in its last season now.. Because while Disney may be great with the big screen, their not so great with the screen in peoples' living rooms(In other words Disney Channel stinks). As for the movie, I'm sure they'll do great things with the franchise. Man, Disney's gonna buy DC Comics soon I totally called it...
All I gotta say is.

Jacen Solo should NOT be turned into an Angry Bird!
IMO they should quit adding to the franchise and remake the other films in singalong fashion.
I'm really excited to see how the movie looks like!

But come on....disney making a star wars film?? Mickey mouse using a damn lightsaber...i hope not.....

But still it's good to know that star wars gets more movies, hopefully they manage to pull it off and make a hit movie!
All these fail Mickey jokes...

Anyways, Disney created the Avengers, and I didn't see Mickey with a shield, did you?
First post has been edited and added another video to give a bit more detail into the situation.
I want so bad for this to be good, but I am VERY VERY scared...don't get me wrong...the original trilogy was phenomenal, but the prequels were not even remotely good, minus parts of episode 3. So the questions remain: what the f*** is going to happen to this franchise? How much of George Lucas's intent is going to make its way into this new trilogy? What elements from the existing lower level canons will they use, if anything at all? Will Yoda be demoralized into sharing a Pluto dwarf-planet/dog hybrid parade float with a talking Mouse?

This is exciting, terrifying, and extremely nerve racking. It is going to be a box office success, no doubts at all, regardless if the movie sucks or not. Put "Star Wars" on anything, people show up. But the fear of being betrayed once again by such a beloved franchise, I don't know if I can handle that...
I wonder how this will work out since all the original members are old now? Maybe it will be based around the old republic, but you never know. I can't wait for 2015
Yea, I heard about this and was like WHY! I don't think disney will mess up Star Wars considering that they did Avengers but George Lucas is an original. Disney sure is making a lot of dough because they also have Marvel.
Before anyone goes on about George Lucas not doing it, here:
He'll probably be working some part of it. No matter what, Disney's smart, and they have to put George Lucas somewhere, or it'll be a downpour on Disney. Now, I'm kind of glad they're making VII. I reaaaaaally hope they do it off the Old Republic (like aesoni said), that would be a nice topic.
(Nov. 15, 2012  10:16 PM)Ninjaman60 Wrote: Yea, I heard about this and was like WHY! I don't think disney will mess up Star Wars considering that they did Avengers but George Lucas is an original. Disney sure is making a lot of dough because they also have Marvel.
Disney owns so much of the entertainment industry, it's crazy all the stuff they've technically done, lol. I'm actually curious to see if they'll touch Indiana Jones, since they did buy Lucasfilm and not just Star Wars...

Thunder Dome
Members age doesn't have much to do with it...? The first prequel movie came out, like, over 20 years after Return of the Jedi? So yeah, it's not really an important thing there, haha. As for what it may be about, I hope it focuses more on Leia, since the original trilogy focused on Luke and his experiences with learning the Force, and the prequel trilogy focused on Anakin and his transition to Darth Vader.

Can't wait for the rest of the 3D remakes of the movies in Disney Digital 3D, aha.

Honestly guys I hate to be "That kind of fan" but George Lucas should feel bad about that Angry Birds Star Wars game.

What is worse, M&M Star Wars or Angry Birds Star Wars having happened at all.
He shouldn't feel bad about anything. Angry Birds Star Wars is a marketable product which Disney makes money off of. Lucas had little to nothing to do with it.

Additionally, Lucas will have little to nothing to do with Episode 7 of Star Wars. He's retired now, because he was tired. Lucasarts is no longer his to control. Get over it and just hope that this new movie won't suck on a level greater than or equal to Episodes 1 and 2, and that Princess Leia doesn't become a Disney princess.