Star Mold Theory

Poll: Do you agree with this theory?

Yes
38.46%
No
61.54%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
Hey, this is an Informative Thread on my theory on Beyblade Forge Disc and Layer Weight's Stars and Weight and balance correlation. All the Disc's are TT unless labeled with a number from the bottom of the disc.

Ten:
1 Star: 8.2 (Three points are hollowed out)
3 Star: 8.7 (Only one point is hollowed out)

Metsu:
1 Star: 8.2

Zan:
3 Star: 8.1 (1 Point is hollowed out but one more on the same side is hollowed out less)

Retsu:
2 Star: 8.8 (The single point alone on one side isnt as hollowed out, the other two points on the other side are hollowed out more but one is hollowed out less compared to the one on the same side)

Sen:
1 Star: 7.7 (One point is filled up more than the rest)

From this, we can tell that depending on the number of stars, the transfer of weight and the overall weight of the piece is different. It is most likely some sort of mold rating.

Forge Disc's:

Quarter:
1 Star: 21.0
2 Star: 21.3
4 Star: 21.4

Oval:
3 Star: 18.1
4 Star: 18.5

Nine:
2 Star: 20.3 (Painted)
4 Star: 20.4

0:
1 Star: 23.8
3 Star: 24.1

00:
1 Star: 24.8
2 Star: 24.7
3 Star: 25.1

1:
1 Star: 20.6, 20.5

2:
1 Star: 20.9
2 Star: 21.2
3 Star: 21.5

6:
3 Star: 20.5
4 Star: 21.2

7:
3 Star: 22.7
4 Star: 23.5

8:
1 Star: 18.6
2 Star: 20.9

12:
1 Star: 16.1
3 Star: 16.3

With the disc's the difference is to acute to tell, so I still need to collect more data and info. We can also tell that Hasbro's Disc Numbering is the same as it's amount of stars. Thanks to superrobotking, Ive also found out that affects the center of gravity and the transfer of weight on disc's, just like on layer weights.

It would help out alot if any of you can reply with data that I have missing which can further confirm my theory. Thanks for reading this!
I will add my Layer weight research soon as I get their weight hah!
The amount of stars does not correlate to disk weight at all in my experience. I had several 4-starred 0 disk and their weight are still so different from one another, with an average weight similar to the 3-starred ones I also had.
(Mar. 07, 2020  3:16 AM)eigerblade Wrote: The amount of stars does not correlate to disk weight at all in my experience. I had several 4-starred 0 disk and their weight are still so different from one another, with an average weight similar to the 3-starred ones I also had.

I also had a person tell me this in the past. But the weight on average is usually higher than that of 3 stars.
So I was looking into this and found an blog post by coro coro https://corocoro.jp/13989/

Translated it explains the stars are for adjusting the center of gravity without using different parts

I think I'll further add that Weight isn't indicated anywhere.  If anyone know about Pokemon competitive play

Think if Stars as Natures and Weight as IVs

Here's a video of Kenchannel Weighing all the 0 disc he got at with all the b-100's be got.  They all have a range of weights.
(Mar. 07, 2020  9:32 AM)superrobotking Wrote: So I was looking into this and found an blog post by coro coro https://corocoro.jp/13989/

Translated it explains the stars are for adjusting the center of gravity without using different parts

I think I'll further add that Weight isn't indicated anywhere.  If anyone know about Pokemon competitive play

Thing is, Corocoro's job is to advertise the things. It's hard to take the word of an advertisement as some sort of absolute truth, especially since it's not coming from TT's mouth directly. Yes, they're business partners with each other, but that doesn't mean TT tells them everything and that this isn't just a presumption on Corocoro's part. They're not all-knowing on the development end of things.

This theory isn't new either, and is still just that: a theory. It could be this explanation about representing different intended balance points. It could be to separate different mold batches. It could simply be for identification purposes in case of a double burst. We just don't know which, if any, are actually correct. What we do know is that going off of star count alone is a bad idea, as even two different disks with the same star count could vary in balance, weight, or both. That's why I said different intended balance points earlier.
(Mar. 08, 2020  4:45 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2020  9:32 AM)superrobotking Wrote: So I was looking into this and found an blog post by coro coro https://corocoro.jp/13989/

Thing is, Corocoro's job is to advertise the things. It's hard to take the word of an advertisement as some sort of absolute truth, especially since it's not coming from TT's mouth directly. Yes, they're business partners with each other, but that doesn't mean TT tells them everything and that this isn't just a presumption on Corocoro's part. They're not all-knowing on the development end of things.

This theory isn't new either, and is still just that: a theory. It could be this explanation about representing different intended balance points. It could be to separate different mold batches. It could simply be for identification purposes in case of a double burst. We just don't know which, if any, are actually correct. What we do know is that going off of star count alone is a bad idea, as even two different disks with the same star count could vary in balance, weight, or both. That's why I said different intended balance points earlier.

This article's written by masterblader_h who works at tt so i trust.
(Mar. 08, 2020  6:06 PM)superrobotking Wrote: This article's written by masterblader_h who works at tt so i trust.

You're just looking at the source and presuming they're telling the truth without even thinking about it, aren't you?

If it was truly a measure of balance or the center of gravity then disks with matching star counts wouldn't have so much variance with their centers of gravity or weight, as the star indents would have to be added afterwards as an indicator of this. Truth of the matter is that real life doesn't match up to the claims of the article very well, which leads to the conclusion that one of them is a lie, and this data is hard pressed to lie.

Now, it may be the intent for the star count to represent this, but it just doesn't work out as they planned if this is the case likely due to mold variations or material variations. Truth of the matter though is that every disk is uniquely weighted and balanced, and though you can possibly get a rough idea of its balance points you're not gonna get the whole picture from star count alone.
Ok now, let’s get things a lil straight here...
This thread is regarding the stars on the Layer Weights, not forge discs. Now although I kinda agree with those that say that the stars don’t really make much of a weight difference when it comes to Forge Discs, this discussion regarding the layer weights are a completely different discussion, and by the little that we see on this list... something is up...

I think the best thing we can do, is to simply use the Scientific Method (Observe, Test, and Study) to prove or disprove this theory.

I have a lot of layer weights, and I also will have a few Goku weights soon, so I’ll go look through em, and show ya what I find, then we should test them to see if it really makes a difference in battle...
(Mar. 08, 2020  8:48 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Ok now, let’s get things a lil straight here...
This thread is regarding the stars on the Layer Weights, not forge discs.  Now although I kinda agree with those that say that the stars don’t really make much of a weight difference  when it comes to Forge Discs, this discussion regarding the layer weights are a completely different discussion, and by the little that we see on this list... something is up...

I think the best thing we can do, is to simply use the Scientific Method (Observe, Test, and Study) to prove or disprove this theory.

I have a lot of layer weights, and I also will have a few Goku weights soon, so I’ll go look through em, and show ya what I find, then we should test them to see if it really makes a difference in battle...
Nah, that's just because I don't have all that many layer weights.
Here's a lovely blog post you'll need to translated but this person noticed in the layer weights each star has different extra gashes on them
https://jibuncho.com/archives/4622

This one has some weights of disk weights and stars
http://bbbfms.com/?p=1120

If I can find any more post or data I'll send them your way.
(Mar. 09, 2020  1:04 AM)YishYash Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2020  8:48 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Ok now, let’s get things a lil straight here...
This thread is regarding the stars on the Layer Weights, not forge discs.  Now although I kinda agree with those that say that the stars don’t really make much of a weight difference  when it comes to Forge Discs, this discussion regarding the layer weights are a completely different discussion, and by the little that we see on this list... something is up...

Nah, that's just because I don't have all that many layer weights.

But the little amount that you have has shown some differences that should be considered
I have many sample of Zan and its this one that take my attention. I'got the 4 models and they are made differently and categorized by the stars. I think they get a funny concept from the starts(Forge disc) with something more relevant with the Layer Weight. that means from my theory... I got in exemple my two Ten: Ten on Bushin Ashura(4 stars mold and have its 4 points filled up of metal) and got an other Ten on the Erase Fafnir.Sting.Trick from the GT customize set. and have a 3 stars and have 3 points filled up and one hollowed. I think its important to have this difference to balance and unbalance a gt layer on what you need to add as an effect(att-def-stamina).
(Mar. 09, 2020  3:59 PM)loyd87 Wrote: I have many sample of Zan and its this one that take my attention. I'got the 4 models and they are made differently and categorized by the stars. I think they get a funny concept from the starts(Forge disc) with something more relevant with the Layer Weight. that means from my theory... I got in exemple my two Ten: Ten on Bushin Ashura(4 stars mold and have its 4 points filled up of metal) and got an other Ten on the Erase Fafnir.Sting.Trick from the GT customize set. and have a 3 stars and have 3 points filled up and one hollowed. I think its important to have this difference to balance and unbalance a gt layer on what you need to add as an effect(att-def-stamina).

With the Ten Weight, the difference is obvious. If you just look at one Ten Weight, depending on the stars that many are filled in.
I just got my Goku weight!!

It weighs 10.8g
It has 3stars, and it seems like the metal points on the bottom are not flush, but are hollowed in by an extremely small amount... nothing worth noting that much...
I have a 1star Retsu, and
I also have a 4star Retsu!

The 1star Retsu weighs 8.6g and all 3 points are hollowed out. But my 4star Retsu is a completely different story...
The 4star Retsu weighs a solid 9.0g! And all 3 points are filled with metal.

Like I said... I don’t really know about the stars on the forge discs... but concerning layer weights, this imo completely confirms that those stars mean that it’s heavier & more balanced... concerning layer weights, the higher the stars, the higher the weight & balance....

I will continue to go through my collection to see if there’s more to be studied!!