Staminathon - Burn and Thermal Testing

(Jun. 17, 2010  5:17 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Try testing stamina vs. stamina, defense, or some libra variant.
Attack types should easily kick any stamina types out of the ring (unless you suck at launching), so it won't really give you any good data just 9:1, 8:2, 10:0 etc.

THANK YOU.

I dont get how it's that hard of a concept to understand.
(Jun. 17, 2010  4:24 PM)megablader2 Wrote: We're missing that because it's a complete load of rubbish. Flame being a lightish wheel isn't gonna perform as well as Earth which is heavier. Also combo's perform differently against different wheels eg Lightning is gonna perform diffferently against a stamina type than storm. Can we just stop cause this is really tedious. What do you care if I find testing a stamina combo against an attack combo useful and you don't.

Stamina types are all very similar. They all use bottoms that do the same thing (roughly) and they are all significantly lighter than Defense blades.

Testing a stamina type against an attack type doesn't provide any results worth looking at, as a good attack type should be able to knock out ANY stamina custom regardless.

Again, the point of a stamina blade isn't to beat in attack type, it's to outspin defense and other stamina combos. Attack types have no bearing on whether or not a stamina type is effective.

Whether it goes 2-8 against a top tier attacker, or 1-9...it really doesn't matter, as attack types can beat stamina consistently every battle. Outliers dont really matter at all.
look no one cares anymore just let us do some test
(Jun. 17, 2010  12:56 PM)Clerish Wrote: How about Burn vs Earth (first mold)?

I don't have the first mold of Earth.
They won't be able to beat them easily if you have a decent stamina combo! Seriously I want him to test the combos against attack types. That has nothing to do with you!
Its clear, they are NOT meant to be played against attacks. That is why there is DEFENSE.
hard to understand, I know. If you want this to happen so bad, why can't you conduct tests yourself.
I doubt it will be pleasing marks.
Because he is doing testing on them and I don't have them. All I want is to see how the combos do against attack types. Why do you have to question that?! It's nothing to do with you!
This is ridiculous. You're all ruining a good research thread.

Megablader, considering everyone who has posted in this thread in reply to you has disagreed, I think it might be time to drop it ...
Because it's basically a worthless test that will tell no one any information that is even remotely useful. All it'll do is waste time. Fortunately for you, I have lots of time to waste. Results'll be up in a couple hours.

EDIT: I just have to find my stadium fence first...
I don't see why it's a waste. I want to see how Burn and Thermal do against attack type combos. Thanks for doing the tests.
I hate to rock the boat since it's been dealt with, but I kinda agree with megablader. Not for any of his reasons, but I've had some very strange results with my stamina blade against big attackers such as Quetz 90RF and Storm Pegasus 100RF more so with Quetz actually.

The stadium is clearly giving me an advantage, but it's very odd because Quetz gives crazy upper to my Stamina and it still can't seem to kill it's spin that much. It can however get it into a pocket occasionally. I dunno maybe it's worth a look into.

I am using a Hasbro Vortex so this might be a moot point, but I'm shooting directly at my Flame Bull DF145SD and it will lift it up Flame Bull bounces and it still maintains it's spin very well. I don't know if it's because I have a heavier clear wheel on it or if I just spin Stamina and defence better (seems to be getting better spin rate, but I am judging that by how much it hurts when I pick it up right after launch), but I can beat Quetz a lot of the time. Actually the track seems to be what's doing it. Not letting Quetz get a good smack in.

I don't really know how it will turn out with Thermal and Burn, but I'd be interested to see.

I do apologize if my input here is counter productive to getting back on track, but I've been watching and reading this thread and I did some more testing earlier today and I wanted to contribute.
It's probably the stadium since in the old hasbro stadium RF doesn't perform well. Seriously can we drop it now though.
As expected, the results aren't really interesting. Everytime Storm Pegasis touched Burn Bull, it sent it flying. Burn only managed to score an outspin when it collided with the wall and stayed in, while Storm lost its attack pattern after the attack.

Same thing with LDrago, the stadium out and outspin were pure fluke.
Never saw that coming. Mystery Solved
What will you be experimenting with these combos next?
Edit: Corey, LOL.
I dislike attack testing anyway, since I either have to use the stadium fence which gets annoying when I launch, or risk my Beyblades flying under the couch. That's the reason why the tests were 10 rounds instead of my usual 20.

I'll be back in a bit after I test against Libra.
Sounds like an interesting match.
vs Libra results are up. I continue to be pleasantly surprised by Burn's performance, and horrified by Thermal's.
Did you do the tip-switching for the Thermal vs Libra matches again? A surprising result, haha, but very interesting.

ps buy an earth ;]
Right, nice performance by Burn against Libra.
Too bad about Thermal, any reason why?
(Jun. 17, 2010  11:28 PM)♥ Wrote: Did you do the tip-switching for the Thermal vs Libra matches again? A surprising result, haha, but very interesting.

ps buy an earth ;]

Yeah, I did the tip switching again. I do have an Earth, but it's the second mold.

(Jun. 17, 2010  11:30 PM)Dan Wrote: Right, nice performance by Burn against Libra.
Too bad about Thermal, any reason why?

I have no idea. I was actually rooting for Thermal in every battle. Maybe my Beyspirit isn't strong enough?
DJ - Shock! Probably,
I don't understand how some kids on this site advocate that sort of carp.
Were there any patterns in the movement for Thermal?
I'm not sure what you mean by patterns. It stayed mostly in the middle, and occasionally gets sent farther out on contact.
Well I meant how it reacted and spin patterns, etc.
Maybe hard to specify but I catch the drift of what you said.
Well, nothing particular stuck out to me.
Hm, any more tests planned?
going to try it at high park?