Stadium Fence - Do you use it?

I have never used the fences and will not do in the future unless I'm outside. The fences only get in the way and cause a nuisance. If there are other complaints, apart from this one person then I would consider using part of the fence so as not obstruct the cameras view.
Using the fence isn't a required takara rule is it? I mean it's just a means of safety no? Not that there's much danger to begin with.
(Jan. 15, 2009  3:41 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Using the fence isn't a required takara rule is it? I mean it's just a means of safety no? Not that there's much danger to begin with.
You are the one who could tell us :
[Image: StadiumFence_Rules.jpg]
It';s not a very good way of putting it.
Because they're not exactly saying you can't use it on the floor without the guard, just not on tables XD
i think its saying
use the guard and on the floor
(Jan. 15, 2009  6:23 PM)Giga Wrote: i think its saying

Correct.

I'm still getting complaint from the same person, but I don't have any plan to alter the rule. I'm not going to make it a rule that you must use the guard considering I never, ever use it.
maybe if your playing on an elevated service you have to use the guard?
It's against our rules to play on an elevated surface.
oh alright
yeah theres no reason to use it
(Jan. 15, 2009  7:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2009  6:23 PM)Giga Wrote: i think its saying

Correct.

I'm still getting complaint from the same person, but I don't have any plan to alter the rule. I'm not going to make it a rule that you must use the guard considering I never, ever use it.

He's still complaing? I thought it was a one off thing! Gasp Can't you tell him that it's just for the video and we don't approve of not using a guard in normal circumstances or something? Gasp
But that would be a lie. He wants me to alter WBO rules to make the stadium fence mandatory. He's even made a post about it:

http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100077756689
(Jan. 15, 2009  7:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: But that would be a lie. He wants me to alter WBO rules to make the stadium fence mandatory. He's even made a post about it:

http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100077756689

Well maybe not so directly.......make it more of a white lie.....¬_¬

Srill, wow, he really serious. I can't believe he actually wants you to alter the rules. And I imagine you put a lot of discussion into making those as good as possible. But he doesn't even care that they're well thought out. Angry

He's gonna give the WBO a bad rep. Unhappy
It's a big deal in Japan, I think. Japanese culture is a lot stricter and more formal than ours. So, to them, if TAKARATOMY rules say it must be used, it must be used. However, we formed the rules based on what we feel is best and only based on TAKARATOMY's rules. We made alterations where we felt it was necessary.

Even though TAKARATOMY didn't prohibit tuned bearings, we did because we felt it was best for the game. Even though TAKARATOMY mandates the use of stadium fences, we don't because we don't think the advantage (e.g. 1/100 people avoiding a small impact to their leg or torso) outweighs the disadvantage of fundamentally hindering strategic play. Thus, we leave it up to the player to decide. If the player is so young they can be seriously be hurt by this, a parent should be making sure they use the stadium fence. If you feel safer using the fence, you're absolutely allowed to do so; we just won't force you to.

Serious injuries are going to occur to the face and the fence can't protect from this. As long as you don't lean over the stadium you will be fine. Lean back after you shoot. Taking proper precautions will protect you better than a cardboard wall can.
(Jan. 15, 2009  8:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's a big deal in Japan, I think. Japanese culture is a lot stricter and more formal than ours. So, to them, if TAKARATOMY rules say it must be used, it must be used. However, we formed the rules based on what we feel is best and only based on TAKARATOMY's rules. We made alterations where we felt it was necessary.

Even though TAKARATOMY didn't prohibit tuned bearings, we did because we felt it was best for the game. Even though TAKARATOMY mandates the use of stadium fences, we don't because we don't think the advantage (e.g. 1/100 people avoiding a small impact to their leg or torso) outweighs the disadvantage of fundamentally hindering strategic play. Thus, we leave it up to the player to decide. If the player is so young they can be seriously be hurt by this, a parent should be making sure they use the stadium fence. If you feel safer using the fence, you're absolutely allowed to do so; we just won't force you to.

Serious injuries are going to occur to the face and the fence can't protect from this. As long as you don't lean over the stadium you will be fine. Lean back after you shoot. Taking proper precautions will protect you better than a cardboard wall can.
I agree, this should be your answer if you haven't answered him yet.
(Jan. 15, 2009  8:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It's a big deal in Japan, I think. Japanese culture is a lot stricter and more formal than ours. So, to them, if TAKARATOMY rules say it must be used, it must be used. However, we formed the rules based on what we feel is best and only based on TAKARATOMY's rules. We made alterations where we felt it was necessary.

Then say you'll enforce the use of safety helmets and kevlar body armour in the future Wink

Seriously, the only thing the fence is good for is stopping KO'd blades rolling away from you.
(Jan. 15, 2009  10:37 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: Then say you'll enforce the use of safety helmets and kevlar body armour in the future Wink

HAHAHA!!! good one xD

but seriously...it's not like people are being forced to not use the fence..its totally up to the players..if they wanna use it..then use it..if not, then dont.
It should definitely be up to the players. I say the WBO rules are just fine. People shouldn't be bugged by the fences.
After looking over that persons post on BEYBLADE RENNAISSANCE, I realized the size difference between the MFB and HMS stadium fences. Surprising.

Honestly, I think 10-12cm would be more efficient than 15 or 20. 10 would block the path of most Beyblades flying out of a stadium. Any that would go over the fence would have an extremely low chance of striking a player accidentally as long as they are not leaning over the stadium. Most importantly, this would make shooting techniques just a bit easier to perform while using the fence.

anyways, Brad's post really sums everything up well about the use of the stadium fence.
lol apparently in his post he wrote "i don't use them 100% of the time"

welp
(Jan. 16, 2009  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol apparently in his post he wrote "i don't use them 100% of the time"

welp

Well, if he's gonna be hypocritical like that, we might as well not take him seriously.
(Jan. 16, 2009  3:17 AM)Mankster Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2009  2:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol apparently in his post he wrote "i don't use them 100% of the time"

welp

Well, if he's gonna be hypocritical like that, we might as well not take him seriously.

wow.....what the heck is he whining about then... >.>
causing all this trouble when he himself dont even use em "100% of the time"

i agree with mankster..
I always wear my goggles, helmet and bubblewrap body suit! Wink

( know this is an old thread, but I found it and thought it was kind of funny.)
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:28 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I never use mine, it just gets in the way. I've never really gotten hurt from any of my beyblades anyways. As you said, it doesn't protect from any serious injury anyways
pfft, the only danger is if it hits you in the face, but how often does that happen, sure it hurts if you get hit in the legs, but boo hoo, a small bruise wah wah, its not like it can put you in hospital.
It's more effort to put the walls up than it is to deal with a small bruise Tired Think I've used the fences about once.