Spontaneous Combination

I was recently customizing and made a combination from HMS parts, and liked it enough to keep it as an entire beyblade.

Bit Protector: Einstein
Attack Ring: Metal Spring
Weight Disc: Circle Wide
Running Core: Metal Change

All parts were bought in chain stores in the USA (i.e. non-Takara).

I wasn't trying to make any particular type of Beyblade, but ended up making an Endurance type Smash-attack blade. I tested it out against my non-custom Driger V2, non-custom Driger MS and Driger MS w/ Metal Sharp Core. Against the V2 and MS/ Metal Sharp Core, it fared well, but lost to the non-customized MS only by a small margin (my customized beyblade spun out a second before Driger MS spun out).

Any ratings?
Pretty bad. If it can't beat an uncustomized Driger MS it's not very good. You'd be better off with uncustomized Death Gargoyle MS.
Bey Brad Wrote:Pretty bad. If it can't beat an uncustomized Driger MS it's not very good. You'd be better off with uncustomized Death Gargoyle MS.

Lol, that wasn't the reaction I expected. XD

Only problem is I don't like the Death Gargoyle, depite it being one of the best HMS blades out there. =\

Other than an uncustomized Death Gargoyle, what blade would be a good replacement?
Why don't you like Death Gargoyle?
Grey Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:Pretty bad. If it can't beat an uncustomized Driger MS it's not very good. You'd be better off with uncustomized Death Gargoyle MS.

Lol, that wasn't the reaction I expected. XD

Only problem is I don't like the Death Gargoyle, depite it being one of the best HMS blades out there. =\

Other than an uncustomized Death Gargoyle, what blade would be a good replacement?

Wolborg MS. Best uncustomized Beyblade ever.
If you used a circle heavy it would be beter.
I tryed a metal spring/cheavy/meatal change and it has above average smash and not bad endurance.
Bey Brad Wrote:Why don't you like Death Gargoyle?
Y'know...I'm not really sure. I tend to use blades because of their looks (a habit of which I hate), and Death Gargoyle never appealed to me. Confused
I wish I didn't think like that, since I miss out on a lot of great beyblades that way.

TheGigsMeister Wrote:Wolborg MS. Best uncustomized Beyblade ever.
Ah, I remember reading this on the Wolborg MS beywiki page. Thankfully, I have it. I agree, it's really awesome. Joyful_3
Granted, the AR is spraypainted black, and may be illegal now.

Maz Wrote:If you used a circle heavy it would be beter.
I tryed a metal spring/cheavy/meatal change and it has above average smash and not bad endurance.
Huh...I'll try it. I can see where the smash capabilities come from, and I like the idea.
It's legal to use a painted AR.

Anyway, I gave you my feedback ... if you don't want to use it because you don't like how it looks, not much I can do about that.
If you want a good combo you should post all your blades in the build me a combo topic.
A bunch of people here can help you out to build you a blade that can beat any drigger Wink
Maz Wrote:If you want a good combo you should post all your blades in the build me a combo topic.
A bunch of people here can help you out to build you a blade that can beat any drigger Wink
Yeah, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Bey Brad Wrote:It's legal to use a painted AR.

Anyway, I gave you my feedback ... if you don't want to use it because you don't like how it looks, not much I can do about that.
But of course. Joyful_3
If you have Metal Ape, replace Metal Spring with it.

I think this AR used to be good for compacts, but has been outclassed.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:If you have Metal Ape, replace Metal Spring with it.

I think this AR used to be good for compacts, but has been outclassed.
Yeah, Metal Spring being outclassed isn't all that surprising. I think where i live, the local stores stopped selling Beyblades about mid-way through the HMS series, so I never got the chance to get Metal Ape or any of the beyblades that were released after Dark Effigy. It makes me a sad panda. ;_;

It also makes me limited for what I can use for custom blades...Angry
I don't think Metal Ape ever got a domestic release. However, it's not too hard to find online.
Okay, new blade (sorta):

Attack Ring: Metal Spring
Weight Disc: ??? (Bought with Sea Drake)
Running Core: Metal Change

I'd use the Sea Dragon AR...but it's busted.
Is this a good smash attacker now? Or is it no better than before?
That WD will help. I still like Metal Ape more as an AR, though.
Bey Brad Wrote:That WD will help. I still like Metal Ape more as an AR, though.

Alright, thank you.
For Smash attack yes.
If your going for a compact then i prefer a circle heavy over anything else.
But for smash attack yes this is beter.
I'll just post it here, rather than starting a new topic.

This is my newest Beyblade, focusing on Upper Attack:

[Image: digitalcamera128dn7.th.jpg]
(Click on thumbnail to see full view.)

AR: Circle Upper (painted black)
WD: CWD (from Sea Drake) (painted black)
RC: Metal Change Core (painted black)

How is this? I realize this is basically a Death Gargoyle w/ a different WD, but I like it.

I had another idea for using my newly-painted Circle Upper:
AR: Circle Upper
WD: Circle Balance or CWD (from Sea Drake)
RC: (???/name unknown) (from Driger MS)

Please give feedback for both, even though the second isn't quite as good as the first.
Driger MS's RC isn't worth your time ... what you have now is fine.
Bey Brad Wrote:Driger MS's RC isn't worth your time ... what you have now is fine.

Yeah, I figured Driger MS's RC would be too high, and would throw off the Beyblade's balance, so I won't bother with it. Thank you for the feedback. Grin
Grey Wrote:I'll just post it here, rather than starting a new topic.

Lol this is my HMS combo too! ^^
rkayd Wrote:
Grey Wrote:I'll just post it here, rather than starting a new topic.

Lol this is my HMS combo too! ^^

...wow, that's kinda awkward.
^ Not really, lots of Bladers use the same HMS customizations.
Bey Brad Wrote:^ Not really, lots of Bladers use the same HMS customizations.

Especially considering how good that one is. I even have that set-up.
ya, i used that too until my metal change core broke. its very common.