Splatoon 1 & 2 Topic

I am creating this so that people can talk about Splatoon. Feel free to talk about your favorites, your least favorites, and any interesting discoveries you make. Please be detailed when saying why you like/dislike something, one or two sentences is fine.

To start this thread off my favorite Roller (subject to change) is the Carbon Roller Deco the speed allows me to use an ambush play style. The Seekers allow me to move even faster towards my target. It is weak against other Rollers though.

Once me and another Roller were bumping into each other head-on and neither of us would stop this lasted for maybe 10 seconds. Finally I jumped over their roller squishing them and flicked one of their teammates started rolling again and got splatted by the other two teammates. This was one of my favorite moments until the end. I do think it is an honour if they thought they needed their whole team to take me down.

Information about Splatoon gameplay thanks to Mage
Oh man, when you get good at sniping killing people is REALLY easy.
My favorite weapon is I think one of the Octobrushes, I forgot the name but I remember it had the autobomb
Snipers are good, my favorite is an Eliter scope if you do it right the charging time shouldn't matter too much. To me it seems half the battle of using a sniper is finding a good perch. I need to practise with the Brushes whenever I try to ambush someone they seem to have time to turn and splat me anyway.
Can I download this game from google playstore???
If not then where can I find this game??
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:25 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Can I download this game from google playstore???

It's for the switch :p
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:30 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:25 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Can I download this game from google playstore???

It's for the switch :p

Sorry...but I dont get what U said???
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:31 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Sorry...but I dont get what U said???

The Nintendo Switch is a game console that came after the Wii U it is the latest console by Nintendo. Splatoon 1 is available on the Wii U another Nintendo console.
My favourite weapon is the basic roller, I love it!
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:31 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:30 AM)Oi Shinji Wrote: It's for the switch :p

Sorry...but I dont get what U said???

Basically it's a game by Nintendo where players, that are squids, shoot eachother wit ink. You can change between human form and squid form with the press of a button and you pretty much swap forms a lot. In human form you can walk, jump, and shoot. In squid form you move very slowly on regular land but if you're a squid in your color of ink then you can move very fast and it looks like you dissappear into the ink. The main part of the game is the turf battles. 2 teams of 4(each team having a specific color) try to ink as much territory as they can. Your ink can cover the other team's ink and vice versa, you get points for inking territory and points determine your place at the end of the match as it fills your Special skill/weapon gauge. If you kill someone on the other team they explode, allowing you to spread your ink in a decent area. The respawn time is relatively short compared to other games but it makes it so the tides can turn at any time (haha get it, tide and squids). Everyone also has a sub weapon which are projectiles that can do various things at the cost of ink. I almost forgot, everyone has an ink meter and if you run out you can't shoot or use your sub weapon. You slowly restore ink but if you become a squid in your own ink you will regain ink very quickly. Specials can be used anytime when you're alive and when the gauge is full. They're usually are pretty powerful but it usually depends on how you use it. Also, every weapon has a different set of Specials and sub weapons while also being in a class. There are many weapon classes, such as Splattershot, Charger, Roller, Slosher, Splatlings, Brushes, Umbrellas, Blasters, Dualies, and some others I think. Each class has a different playing style and there are different versions of a class that each have little gimmicks and different stats. For example, there's the regular roller that can do regular roller stuff but the Dynamo Roller spreads more ink that can block more ink when your ink comes into contact with the incoming ink. While it may seem op all weapons usually have a drawback, the Dynamo Roller suffers from a long start up time before it can slosh ink.
Ok, I'll leave at that
(Nov. 05, 2017  10:10 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:31 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Sorry...but I dont get what U said???

Basically it's a game by Nintendo where players, that are squids, shoot eachother wit ink. You can change between human form and squid form with the press of a button and you pretty much swap forms a lot. In human form you can walk, jump, and shoot. In squid form you move very slowly on regular land but if you're a squid in your color of ink then you can move very fast and it looks like you dissappear into the ink. The main part of the game is the turf battles. 2 teams of 4(each team having a specific color) try to ink as much territory as they can. Your ink can cover the other team's ink and vice versa, you get points for inking territory and points determine your place at the end of the match as it fills your Special skill/weapon gauge. If you kill someone on the other team they explode, allowing you to spread your ink in a decent area. The respawn time is relatively short compared to other games but it makes it so the tides can turn at any time (haha get it, tide and squids). Everyone also has a sub weapon which are projectiles that can do various things at the cost of ink. I almost forgot, everyone has an ink meter and if you run out you can't shoot or use your sub weapon. You slowly restore ink but if you become a squid in your own ink you will regain ink very quickly. Specials can be used anytime when you're alive and when the gauge is full. They're usually are pretty powerful but it usually depends on how you use it. Also, every weapon has a different set of Specials and sub weapons while also being in a class. There are many weapon classes, such as Splattershot, Charger, Roller, Slosher, Splatlings, Brushes, Umbrellas, Blasters, Dualies, and some others I think. Each class has a different playing style and there are different versions of a class that each have little gimmicks and different stats. For example, there's the regular roller that can do regular roller stuff but the Carbon Roller can block ink when you slosh your ink towards the incoming ink. While it may seem op all weapons usually have a drawback, the Carbon Roller suffers from a long start up time before it can slosh ink.
Ok, I'll leave at that

Wow...preety good description of the game...so all U do is splash ur ink on the enemy...thats why its called splattoor...
And the player is a squid...I think I have played this type of games before...where U carry ur own weapons and enter into an enemy's territory....with each level the mission becomes hard...

One more thing...how many players can play this game?? And does this game requires joystick?? Or mouse?? Or any other playing instrument...
(Nov. 05, 2017  10:28 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2017  10:10 AM)Mage Wrote: Basically it's a game by Nintendo where players, that are squids, shoot eachother wit ink. You can change between human form and squid form with the press of a button and you pretty much swap forms a lot. In human form you can walk, jump, and shoot. In squid form you move very slowly on regular land but if you're a squid in your color of ink then you can move very fast and it looks like you dissappear into the ink. The main part of the game is the turf battles. 2 teams of 4(each team having a specific color) try to ink as much territory as they can. Your ink can cover the other team's ink and vice versa, you get points for inking territory and points determine your place at the end of the match as it fills your Special skill/weapon gauge. If you kill someone on the other team they explode, allowing you to spread your ink in a decent area. The respawn time is relatively short compared to other games but it makes it so the tides can turn at any time (haha get it, tide and squids). Everyone also has a sub weapon which are projectiles that can do various things at the cost of ink. I almost forgot, everyone has an ink meter and if you run out you can't shoot or use your sub weapon. You slowly restore ink but if you become a squid in your own ink you will regain ink very quickly. Specials can be used anytime when you're alive and when the gauge is full. They're usually are pretty powerful but it usually depends on how you use it. Also, every weapon has a different set of Specials and sub weapons while also being in a class. There are many weapon classes, such as Splattershot, Charger, Roller, Slosher, Splatlings, Brushes, Umbrellas, Blasters, Dualies, and some others I think. Each class has a different playing style and there are different versions of a class that each have little gimmicks and different stats. For example, there's the regular roller that can do regular roller stuff but the Carbon Roller can block ink when you slosh your ink towards the incoming ink. While it may seem op all weapons usually have a drawback, the Carbon Roller suffers from a long start up time before it can slosh ink.
Ok, I'll leave at that

Wow...preety good description of the game...so all U do is splash ur ink on the enemy...thats why its called splattoor...
And the player is a squid...I think I have played this type of games before...where U carry ur own weapons and enter into an enemy's territory....with each level the mission becomes hard...

One more thing...how many players can play this game?? And does this game requires joystick?? Or mouse?? Or any other playing instrument...

For a normal match, 8 players in total
Splatoon mostly relies on motion control for shooting and joystick for movement. You can, of course, change it if you like. Both Splatoon games are exclusive to the Wii U and the Switch, both consoles are products of Nintendo. You also can't use a mouse to play, sadly. As long as you buy the console, you don't need to buy another controller unless you want it for a friend to play.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are many modes to choose. Such as Ranked (which includes many different kinds of game modes instead of turf control), salmon run, singleplayer, and some other ones
Thank U....mage for all this information about Splattoor...
Mage do you mind if I copy the information you have given about Splatoon into a spoiler on the OP?
(Nov. 05, 2017  5:34 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Mage do you mind if I copy the information you have given about Splatoon into a spoiler on the OP?

Sure, but it's not that organized XD
I will make a more organized version later but, for now your posts should answer any questions people may have.

Also I thought the Carbon Rollers had the fastest flicking time for a Roller.
OHHHH, I mixed up the Dynamo Roller with the Carbon Roller
I'll edit my post
carp, some info is wrong >_<
I remember there was a roller that could block ink but I'm not sure what it was. For now I'll leave my post as is until I find what roller it was
Ok, found out that it's just more noticeable with the Dynamo Roller because it spreads more ink which thus blocks more incoming ink
The Carbon Rollers seem to be a favorite among Splatoon 1 players right now. I have started playing with the Octobrushes and I prefer them a lot more than the Inkbrush. I think the Octobrush may be even faster than the Carbon Roller which I like.

I am really liking the Octobrush Nouveau, Got my first Quad-Splat today with it.
I am a splatoon 1 Luna blaster neo main. And when I can play again i will get a lot better.

For some reason the Luna is the only blaster that works for me. Range blaster is too slow, the rapid blaster and rapid blaster pro are too weak, and the original blaster just doesn't cover enough turf.

With the Luna blaster it has a large blast radius when the shot bursts and despite its dismal range it is a frightening weapon.
I have seen some great Luna Blaster users who seem to be able to splat people easily. I am not so good at this, I think because I am used to a Ninja squid/melee playstyle. When I forget that the Luna Blaster is not really good for that I will pop up, fire, miss, and get splatted waiting to reload.

Does anyone on here have any opinions about the Dynamo Rollers? I do not have them yet but, they seem really slow and vulnerable to me.
Oh god, Luna Blasters are cancerous. Don't you hate it when it just pops you?
(Nov. 07, 2017  4:55 AM)Mage Wrote: Oh god, Luna Blasters are cancerous. Don't you hate it when it just pops you?

It is annoying but with proper information on where they could be hiding it can be avoided.

When I use the Luna for modes like splat zone or rainmaker I use last ditch effort, cold blooded, ink resistance up.

Tower control, well, tenacity, ninja squid, and stealth jump.

Prepare for more salt than what's found in the waters of salt spray rig.

(Nov. 07, 2017  4:25 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I have seen some great Luna Blaster users who seem to be able to splat people easily. I am not so good at this, I think because I am used to a Ninja squid/melee playstyle. When I forget that the Luna Blaster is not really good for that I will pop up, fire, miss, and get splatted waiting to reload.

Does anyone on here have any opinions about the Dynamo Rollers? I do not have them yet but, they seem really slow and vulnerable to me.

Fun fact: every (non rapid) blaster is a one shot when a direct hit. The Luna blaster can splat in two indirect burst shots.
I have been trying to buy a piece of clothing that has Stealth Jump to match my Ninja Squid ability but, it never seems to be for sale. I may need to buy it through Spike.

How well does the Comeback ability work in ranked?

Being the one on the receiving end of the Luna Blaster I know how good it is at splatting people.
(Nov. 07, 2017  5:31 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I have been trying to buy a piece of clothing that has Stealth Jump to match my Ninja Squid ability but, it never seems to be for sale. I may need to buy it through Spike.

Icy down boots. Look for the big icy camo boots.

If you want tenacity (the more out numbered you are the faster your special charges) get the gas mask. Intimidation points.

Also if you want an inkbrush set (if I am not trolling in tower control I am a permanent inkbrush main) use the jungle hat (camo hat), school uniform (inkling girl amiibo gear), and blue moto boots.

You get ink saver main, ink recovery up, and ink resistance up. Also it looks cool with certain colors.
What are some of your most embarrassing Splatoon moments?
For me two of the most embarrassing moments were:
When I was new I didn't realize that the Inkzooka had kickback so I pulled it out, fired, and fell off the ledge into the water.
Me and a teammate were both half covered in enemy ink, we both didn't realize that the other was a teammate, and kept firing at each other until I ducked down to reload then they saw I was on their team.
Sorry for the double post.
I have been trying Chargers and Blasters lately. The Blasters are actually pretty good, I went up a rank with a Grim Blaster. The Chargers seem to have difficulty hitting a close target. For example I can snipe someone from almost halfway across some of the smaller maps but, I can't hit someone standing right in front of me. Has anyone else had this problem?