Spinoff 2009: The OFFICIAL tournament thread.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We now know that the tournament will definitely go ahead. We have one possible venue at the moment:

Royal Victoria Dock
London,
E16 1XL, UK

Your hosts:
Me (ChozenBlader)
TheGigsMeister

Judges:
Blitz
Gekiryu

The time of day and the specific date are still to be decided, but for any suggestions towards running the tourney, or if you want to apply to be a judge, say so here.

Tournament setup:
There will be a plastics division, MFB Division and HMS division. The winners will get prizes (but we do not know what the prizes will be as of yet). Also, there will be a free-play section as well, for those who want to test combos or simply blade for the sake of it.

The matches will run on the point system. [/b]

For the record, according to the rules, if you break your opponents blade, you win instantly (although I must stress, please don't try to do this on purpose)

There may be a small entrance fee to pay for the prize. The amount is undecided.
Feel free to suggest any ideas.

IMPORTANT: There will be a blacklist. If your name is added to it, you will not be allowed to attend the tourney. This is to prevent trouble makers from spoiling the event.

Also, please, if you can, bring a stadium with you. The more stadiums we have, the more battles we can have at one time. Please note: Only Takara stadiums are legal for competitive play.

You will be allowed to buy and sell beyblades at the tournament. Just make sure your prices aren't outrageous Wink

For further information, feel free to contact me on MSN. My address is: spinoff_2009@yahoo.co.uk

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Which is best?

Best 2 out of 3
43.48%
Best 3 out of 5
56.52%
Total: 100% 46 vote(s)
(Dec. 19, 2008  4:37 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I could try and bring all three of my MFB stadiums if I come. If that is the case then they will be using Takara stadiums against me lol. I think that ChozenBlader needs to ammend the first post...¬_¬

Agreed. But he hasn't posted here in a while. Unhappy
(Dec. 17, 2008  3:15 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:35 PM)neek_alert Wrote: i was planning on going to the may expo too because i get to go for free, it's my friends birthday present that her and a few friends go you see.
I'm dressing up as max tate and will be with beyblade nation cosplay group Joyful_2

There's a Beyblade nation cosplay group? Gasp I saw some beyblade cosplays in october actually. Which I think is pretty rare. Where they part of that?

beyblade-nation.deviantart.com
this is thier deviant art, they have lots of photos and news of upcoming meetings. they are based around london and meet up all year round. i can only go to meet them at the expos though because i live too far away Tired
(Dec. 19, 2008  9:17 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  3:15 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2008  8:35 PM)neek_alert Wrote: i was planning on going to the may expo too because i get to go for free, it's my friends birthday present that her and a few friends go you see.
I'm dressing up as max tate and will be with beyblade nation cosplay group Joyful_2

There's a Beyblade nation cosplay group? Gasp I saw some beyblade cosplays in october actually. Which I think is pretty rare. Where they part of that?

beyblade-nation.deviantart.com
this is thier deviant art, they have lots of photos and news of upcoming meetings. they are based around london and meet up all year round. i can only go to meet them at the expos though because i live too far away Tired

Awesome I was just talking about this. Thanks for the link. Grin
I reserve my thoughts...nice to see a group for Beyblade though. I saw those on passing at the October Expo.
(Dec. 20, 2008  3:25 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I reserve my thoughts...nice to see a group for Beyblade though. I saw those on passing at the October Expo.

I think I saw some of them in October............I saw them out of the corner of my eye at the beginning but they went off really quickly. I spent most of Saturday keeping my eye out for them so I could glomp them. When I finally found them and saw them properly I....just kinda walked off in the other direction......XD
(Dec. 20, 2008  11:53 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2008  3:25 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I reserve my thoughts...nice to see a group for Beyblade though. I saw those on passing at the October Expo.

I think I saw some of them in October............I saw them out of the corner of my eye at the beginning but they went off really quickly. I spent most of Saturday keeping my eye out for them so I could glomp them. When I finally found them and saw them properly I....just kinda walked off in the other direction......XD

look out for me at the next expo, i will be the max tate cosplayer Grin
(Dec. 21, 2008  9:17 PM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2008  11:53 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

look out for me at the next expo, i will be the max tate cosplayer Grin

Gotcha. I'll come and glomp you at some point. Smile
When is this tournament gonna be anyway
^ Either at MCM Expo or JapanEx. Most likely Saturday of MCM Expo though.....unless they hold multiple tourneys. Smile

MCM Expo:
23rd - 24th May (Sat - Sun)

JapanEx:
Dates are currently unknown but I'm gonna guess 25th - 26th July. ^^;
(Dec. 19, 2008  4:43 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2008  4:37 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I could try and bring all three of my MFB stadiums if I come. If that is the case then they will be using Takara stadiums against me lol. I think that ChozenBlader needs to ammend the first post...¬_¬

Sorry about that, have had so much revision to do... and so many exams Pinching_eyes

I will ammend that first post right away...
(Dec. 24, 2008  5:26 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2008  4:43 PM)yruahippo Wrote:

Sorry about that, have had so much revision to do... and so many exams Pinching_eyes

I will ammend that first post right away...

Haha. That's fine. I hope your exams went well. Smile
Could we start on an attendance list? I'm interested to see how big this'll be.
And possibly a list of people who will be selling stuff? If I could get my hands on some MFBs without having to order them from Japan that'd be awesome. Smile
I have more exams after the holiday Confused
But the ones I already took went well... I hope
I see a venue is decided. I'll try and rope a few friends in and hopefully see you there.

Doubt I'll do good at all but it will be fun to play! =P
are there times decided yet?
i know it's a way off yet but when the time comes ineed to know when to venture away from the expo to get some beyblading done!
i think i may just enter the MFB division :\
are the plastic, MFB and HMS divisions all being held at once or at seprerate times? some people may want to enter all 3
there's not a chance in hell they'd host them at the same time
(Dec. 30, 2008  10:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: there's not a chance in hell they'd host them at the same time

GoodGood! Joyful_3
i think i will enter the plastic and MFB divisions aftere all (if i have enough time)
Get there as early as possible and leave at the end of the con and you should have enough time to do everything. Smile

EDIT: Unless you take as long as I do when it comes to deciding what to buy.....Pinching_eyes_2
(Dec. 31, 2008  12:45 AM)yruahippo Wrote: EDIT: Unless you take as long as I do when it comes to deciding what to buy.....Pinching_eyes_2

i took ages last time, trying to be careful, but it got me nowhere and i ended up with little merchandise D':
(Dec. 31, 2008  1:23 AM)neek_alert Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2008  12:45 AM)yruahippo Wrote: EDIT: Unless you take as long as I do when it comes to deciding what to buy.....Pinching_eyes_2

i took ages last time, trying to be careful, but it got me nowhere and i ended up with little merchandise D':

Here's what I do:

1. Walk around all the different stalls. Try to make a mental list of what I liked. Realise I've forgotten a few. Walk around all stalls again. X5

2. Realise things are being bought. Buy one or two things. Continue on above step only at a faster pace. X10

3. Run around all stalls really quickly desperatetly trying to find the things I wanted and complaining that my feet hurt. X3

4. Collapse in heap on the DLR.

Good times. B)
I'm gonna be staying in London for the Expo is this goes ahead for MCM. Will be staying in Ibis hopefully.
i think there should be poll for which time of the year people wnat to go; either 'may, anime expo' or 'japan expo'
or both! (to solve the problemo) B)
are we gonna ban zombies and have different devisions (ie Metal and Plastic) cause currently the only metal blades i own are Dragoon Ms Gaia Dragoon MS and Driger MS
EDIT I see this is already answered.
What about the zombies and spin stealers tho
I don't want it to be like the Yu-Gi-Oh Tourny I go to sometimes where everyone uses
A Gladiator Beasts
B Dark Armed Dragon
or C Synchro
BAN ZOMBIES
Zombies should be banned. As for the divisions, they are the following:

Plastics
HMS
MFB
How does one go about banning Zombies, exactly?