Speculating on the next Beyblade series/system.

zero g tops, put crystal wheel stickers, a new track/ tip system like engine gears but more effective, like maybe automatic mode switches.
You mean like 4D bottoms?
(Nov. 20, 2014  5:30 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Anyone ever play Skylanders? My educated guess is that we'll be launching real beys into a real stadium "portal" that reads the key characteristics and transmits the image onto a screen. This would bring Beyblade battle online via network play and mobile devices. Remains to be seen if onscreen performance is ONLY affected by the initial launch or if the entirety of it's life could be tracked. This seems pretty realistic to me...

As for pure speculation, imagine the performance tip's effect on movement replaced by lighter beys that would spin while being suspended in the air by a blower fan in the bottom of the stadium. It sounds impractical, but imagine being able to control movement by positioning (pre-launch) fins / wings / rudders and then matching it to your launch angle. It would add vertical positioning and battles could move to the stadium surface after a set time to turn off the blower. This idea would require a LOT of work to make it fun and engaging, but I'd be first in line if it happened. Maybe a roof on the stadium and perf. Tip on top and bottom (of the bey) with random blower timing so the battle could move up and back down multiple times?

That's what I was talking about, it sounds like a crazy idea nonetheless.
Electric bottoms could be a good idea.
I made HEAVY modifications on this new series so it can have a compatible track and tip.

This is from one of my closed threads about the new modifications, so I decided I would move it here so I can get some feedback.

My new system is similar to the 4d series and the plastic series. it would be compatible with metal fights and zero g beyblades, but not. However, this system is also battle ready compared

The weight range will be between 39 and 52 grams.

They will also come with string launchers instead of ripcord launchers.

Fighting face: Pretty much a new type of face bolt, so not much to say here. However, there are different faces for different types. Attack types have a plastic-hard rubber mixed face, defense has a metal face, stamina has a partially hollowed out plastic face, and a balance type has your average Joe plastic face. The design is also printed on, or engraved.

Launch core: Equivalent of the clear wheel. It serves two functions: first to launch the beyblade. The other function includes special gimmicks. Little plastic indents effect the performance of the next part, ranging from being stable for defense and stamina to extra loose for rigorous and brutal imbalanced attacks.

Battle ring- a metal ring with the gaps and protrusions that effect the performance. there are little slots so it could be installed onto any launch core. The detail on it would be very accurate and precise, thus giving beauty to it.

Weight connector: it connects the upper and lower half of the beyblade. It also controls the general weight of the beyblade. However, the area that connects to the launch core is lower, so that it would render it impossible to put a clear wheel on.

The lower half is the same as a zero g and 4d beyblades, except that new 4d bottoms would be made for this series, and they will be compatible with hws, 4d and zero g beyblades.

Assembly:

1: Connect the battle ring to the launch core.
2: Connect the 4d bottom to the weight connector.
3: Connect the upper and lower halves.
4: Screw on the Fighting Face.
5a: LET IT RIP!
~or~
5b: GO SHOOT!

This is from one of my older threads (and my most popular), so it seems like another good area to post this in.
It's good, I'm glad it's not stock. I love the face idea especially!
Probably the next thing they come up with is real spiky ones made of metal for wheels.

Stadiums? Let them be off the ground.
You know what would be awesome : a new series of Beyblades where there is a horizontal part that remains stable and does not follow spin and that would be able to 'spit' some wind that would be strong enough to push Beyblades in one of four directions. This would go hand in hand with TAKARA-TOMY's presumed desire to create innovative and technological toys of the next generation, I am quite certain it is actually possible, and the only thing you ever hear young Beyblade fans talk about is how they would like to control their Beyblade.

From what I think I know of the mechanisms that currently exist, the horizontal part could start actually following the spin once the Beyblade has lost a lot of velocity and is precessing, which could offer interesting control-based strategies. When it is at full velocity though, you could use the different 'jet' directions to either push the Beyblade more towards the opponent, or try to escape it if you are in the middle of the stadium and that it will barely reach you in the end of the Sliding-Shoot flower pattern. Side holes could also make it just evade an upcoming attack too.
The horizontal part could be positioned at the top of the Beyblade as well, to try to give some downward or upward force due to the higher precession angle you would have available than at the centre of the height.

Here is a simple schema in case my "horizontal part" explanation was not too clear hah :

So of course, the top part with the attack points would have a hundred different designs like in Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Metal Fight Beyblade, etc.
Im going back to the magnetic part, I think it would be cool to have a slightly more expensive stadium, one with a metal floor, each bottom would be made of metal, it would be the Metal Tip, which gets repelled against by the stadium, but the stadium is in a super vortex manner, causing the beys to spin in mad circles in the air, I like that face bolt idea that Sion talked about, the clear wheel is practically the same, the metal wheel is called the Magnet Wheel, right spin beys have north magnet wheels, left spin beys have south magnet wheels, and dual spin has no magnetic attraction, spin track is called Spin Cylinder. Lets review.

Fighting face (as suggested by Sion.)
Clear Wheel
Magnet Wheel
Spin Cylinder
Metal Tip.

The series should be called Magnet Pulse Fight Beyblade.

as an end note, I think it would be cool for it to be connected together my magnetic influence, imagine a right spin and a left spin hit each other, the one with the strongest velocity will run away with the opponents Magnet Wheel!
So even stamina and defence types would have no control?

Magnetism is a cool concept and I hope it's used, but using it like that seems too random and erratic.

As for Kai-V's idea, if they could find some way to keep the middle bit in place, that would be a really awesome idea!
(Feb. 01, 2015  8:30 AM)Dual Wrote: So even stamina and defence types would have no control?

Magnetism is a cool concept and I hope it's used, but using it like that seems too random and erratic.

As for Kai-V's idea, if they could find some way to keep the middle bit in place, that would be a really awesome idea!

could you explain why they wouldn't have control? It probably has something to do with no traction, but I don't know. There has to be a way to fix that though. stamina types have a fat, flat Metal Tip, defense has a kinda cone party hat design, and attack has the same general type of perfomance tip as they always do. does that change anything?
(Feb. 01, 2015  7:34 AM)King Carp Wrote: Im going back to the magnetic part, I think it would be cool to have a slightly more expensive stadium, one with a metal floor, each bottom would be made of metal, it would be the Metal Tip, which gets repelled against by the stadium, but the stadium is in a super vortex manner, causing the beys to spin in mad circles in the air, I like that face bolt idea that Sion talked about, the clear wheel is practically the same, the metal wheel is called the Magnet Wheel, right spin beys have north magnet wheels, left spin beys have south magnet wheels, and dual spin has no magnetic attraction, spin track is called Spin Cylinder.
This made the impression that the Beyblades would fly around the stadium. Also, giving stamina types flat tips makes them Attack types. Flat tips are used for Attack.
(Feb. 01, 2015  4:48 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2015  7:34 AM)King Carp Wrote: Im going back to the magnetic part, I think it would be cool to have a slightly more expensive stadium, one with a metal floor, each bottom would be made of metal, it would be the Metal Tip, which gets repelled against by the stadium, but the stadium is in a super vortex manner, causing the beys to spin in mad circles in the air, I like that face bolt idea that Sion talked about, the clear wheel is practically the same, the metal wheel is called the Magnet Wheel, right spin beys have north magnet wheels, left spin beys have south magnet wheels, and dual spin has no magnetic attraction, spin track is called Spin Cylinder.
This made the impression that the Beyblades would fly around the stadium. Also, giving stamina types flat tips makes them Attack types. Flat tips are used for Attack.

I also read this as though the Beyblades would levitate due to the magnets, is that not correct? The problem with an idea like that is that you would need a decently powerful magnet, which wouldn't be too expensive or anything, but magnets interfere with and can even damage electronic devices. A lot of kids these days have smartphones, and if their phone was damaged because of their Beyblades then they might just give up the hobby. It might have worked during Bakuten Shoot, but I don't think it could be successfully pulled off today.
The BeyStadium part is twicky, I think that if you would scrap the magnetic arena part I talked about, the rest of the mechanics would still be cool. But I dont care if we get magnetic beyblade or not, as long as it is creative, fun, action packed, has a anime, and awesome in general, I will still play it.
The plastic/HMS generation was defined by an AR, WD, and BB/RC while MFB combined the AR and WB into the wheel and split the BB/RC into the track and tip. I think the next generation/system ought to combine these previous gens into a system with AR, WD, track, and tip. You could individually alter the shape of the contacts points, weight distribution, height, and movement.
Also, I think metal contact points like HMS and MFB is a given, but it also seems that that the production costs of new metal parts is very high. TT tried to counteract these costs by reusing HMS metal frames with new ABS cauls with some ARs, while the Hybrid Wheel System of MFB simply reused metal wheels with new clear wheels in many boosters. I know a lot of people didn't like the MW reuse in HWS, so I think it would be cool if they made an AR system that was sort of like HMS with a plastic frame on top of a metal frame, but they would be interchangeable. You could have a wide range of different metal frames and plastic frames that could be interchangeable with each other and each would alter the performance and shape of the overall AR (basically HWS, but where the plastic part is wider/makes more of a difference in contact points). There is a downside to this, the metal frame and plastic frame shapes would have to be similar (ex. a plastic frame for a three winged plastic frame wouldn't fit a four winged metal frame), but depending on the way they would implement it, this could add a lot of customization options and longevity to the game.
Reviving this thread, for speculation on the Next series after Super Z
I actually had an idea on that...what if Beyblade went totally virtual? Think about it, you can already scan your Beyblade into the app with the QR Code printed on the inside of the layer. So what if you implemented a sort of "cyber core" design into the next line, like a microchip of some sort? And it could act like the Beylogger in terms of storing battle stats in real life as well as in the game/app?

(I love VR and the concept of full dive games like SAO, so this is why I'm throwing it out there. Think about it, if we get full dive, imagine having a sport like Beyblade be full VR with the beasts and everything. That would make the sport REALLY take off!)
(Mar. 21, 2018  11:11 PM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: I actually had an idea on that...what if Beyblade went totally virtual? Think about it, you can already scan your Beyblade into the app with the QR Code printed on the inside of the layer. So what if you implemented a sort of "cyber core" design into the next line, like a microchip of some sort? And it could act like the Beylogger in terms of storing battle stats in real life as well as in the game/app?

(I love VR and the concept of full dive games like SAO, so this is why I'm throwing it out there. Think about it, if we get full dive, imagine having a sport like Beyblade be full VR with the beasts and everything. That would make the sport REALLY take off!)

I think the appeal to Beyblade is the fact that they are tangible and you can see right in front of you how they battle. I think that would be a huge step backwards and lose the appeal really fast. sorta like pokemon go
How about a revamp of magnacore?

Beyblade magnet boost (need to work on the name)
(Mar. 21, 2018  11:56 PM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2018  11:11 PM)strato-abyss19 Wrote: I actually had an idea on that...what if Beyblade went totally virtual? Think about it, you can already scan your Beyblade into the app with the QR Code printed on the inside of the layer. So what if you implemented a sort of "cyber core" design into the next line, like a microchip of some sort? And it could act like the Beylogger in terms of storing battle stats in real life as well as in the game/app?

I think the appeal to Beyblade is the fact that they are tangible and you can see right in front of you how they battle. I think that would be a huge step backwards and lose the appeal really fast. sorta like pokemon go

I had a concept of buying some sort of chip instead of beyblades and the chips contain info for virtual beyblades. I think if it was virtual then custom beys would work based on the game physics engine rather than 100% realistic physics. Or worse, have pre made physics that never changes per part. I also think virtual beyblades would tank so badly, too experimental.
Whatever they do, Hasbro and TT needs to start making their product the same so its not weirdly unfair when you use one brand vs the other. Plus I really hate how ugly Hasbro tends to make their beys since metal fury
I was thinking of a system based off of gyroscopes, called Beyblade Gyro. It is a multi part plastic casing surrounding a metal disc nucleus which is capable of free rotation, allowing for tops to have a gyroscopic motion. Here's what I would say would be a good concept system breakdown:

Latch: A screw on cap that prevents the nucleus from flying out. Could be plastic or metal, and is screwed on from the inner casing.

Nucleus: an exceptionally heavy metal disc that's focused on being the central weight of the beyblade. They would all be designed to have roughly the same weight because it isn't a contact point, and in order for the beyblade to function. Instead, it is more focused on weight distributions, and they will have more technical than ornate designs. It is attached via a square shaped rod to which it fits over from a square shaped hole in the center. It will have two tabs for a launcher. Their name will usually be an adjective descriptive to their ability (Eg: Even, Propelling, Outer, Inner, Elevating, Baroque, oblique, etc.)

Case: Main shell in which the Nucleus resides. It determines the spin motions of the upper and lower portions of the beyblade(freely rotating, tightly rotating, non rotating, partial rotation, Non rotating, Bearing rotating. etc.) The cases are named via two letters at the end of the beyblades name in parentheses, each letter resembling the upper and lower spin rotations: (F/N, P/P, F/T, B/F. etc). This is only named on paper. It isn't mentioned stylistically.

Orbital: a required part that includes the main contact points of the beyblade that latch around the casing. This is the more ornate part of the beyblade, and could be gimmicked .

Booster: An optional underside part that adds an extra gimmick to the beyblade (lower attack blades, down and up force fan blades, Defense ring, bearings, offset weight, etc.) It is latched onto the lower portion of the case, and is named by a number between 0 and 100, 0 being no booster, 1-25 being an attack oriented booster, 26-49 being a defense booster, 50-74 for a stamina booster, and 75-100 being a balance based booster.

Tip: Identical to an mfb tip, but larger and is screwed on instead of tabbed on. Instead of Flat, Ball, Sharp, and Defense, they would be (in that order): Level, Sphere, and Point (Which encompases both sharps and defenses). denoted by Letters outside of parentheses. (Wl, Lp, Rl, Js, etc.)

Name example (Attack example): Baroque Beowulf 1 L (T/N)

Name example (Defense example): Inner Terminus 27 Ws (F/P)

Name example (Stamina example): Elevating Anemoi 53 P (B/F)

Name example (Balance example): Outer Camazotz 0 SP (N/B)

I hope you all like the idea!
What ever it is I want it to have a good meta I was hopeing burst from the start would have a good one but it.s turns out to be another MFB power creep disaster
(Mar. 22, 2018  12:29 PM)ZYeYO Wrote: What ever it is I want it to have a good meta I was hopeing burst from the start would have a good one but it.s turns out to be another MFB power creep disaster

I think the gyro idea satisfies the idea of a power creep, because adding weight to the outer casings could hinder gyroscopic ability. N upper rotation with lets say a metal orbital, while heavier, would most likely have pathetic stamina to a beyblade that has a good inner free rotation, which would be able to easily absorb the attack.