[Southern California] Spellhold Games in Orange open to playspace

Hi everyone, I'm the owner of Spellhold Games in Orange, CA.  We are a Magic: the Gathering and Pokemon store, but I recently got back into Beyblades after not playing for about 20 years and my friends and I are looking to find some more people to play with.  My store is currently closed to the public on Saturdays, so I wanted to open the store on Saturday afternoons for a Beyblade playspace.  Please let me know if you would be interested in coming out.

In addition, I would be open to allowing my store to be used as a venue for tournaments on Saturdays or Sundays.  I am not currently an organizer, but if there are any current organizers who are looking for a venue for events in the LA/OC area on the weekends, feel free to reach out.

Address:
1940 N Tustin St #107
Orange, CA 92865
If it's fine can we get pictures of the inside and possible dimensions? For tournaments there needs to be space for stadiums and play mats to go. Along with a maximum people capacity.
(Aug. 01, 2022  2:23 AM)Cindercast Wrote: If it's fine can we get pictures of the inside and possible dimensions? For tournaments there needs to be space for stadiums and play mats to go. Along with a maximum people capacity.

[Image: qrUGG7z]

It's a little messy right now, but we have space for 40 people for card game events, I'm not sure how that translates to Beyblade tournaments though.  We have 5 8' tables and 2 6' tables, as well as a bunch of tables in storage in the back that can be set up outside if we get a crazy number of people
It's a little narrow. For a standard tournament with, I dunno, maybe 24 participants, you're going to want to run 3 tournament beystadiums. Combine that with other bladers playing freeplay matches, and the amount of parents who are going to show up with the younger bladers... I worry a little bit. We've run tournaments in fairly small card shops, but not in that narrow a room. I worry that perhaps the noise situation of beyblades, which are substantially noisier than cards, are going to lead to interesting results.
(Aug. 01, 2022  3:58 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's a little narrow. For a standard tournament with, I dunno, maybe 24 participants, you're going to want to run 3 tournament beystadiums. Combine that with other bladers playing freeplay matches, and the amount of parents who are going to show up with the younger bladers... I worry a little bit. We've run tournaments in fairly small card shops, but not in that narrow a room. I worry that perhaps the noise situation of beyblades, which are substantially noisier than cards, are going to lead to interesting results.

Keeping it to 16 people should be fine for this? If I end up hosting here I will be running 12-16 people tournaments. Noise may be an issue as you have brought up. I think you can put noise reducing stuff on the walls? Forgot what they were called. Can only hope it turns out for the better tho.
(Aug. 01, 2022  3:58 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's a little narrow. For a standard tournament with, I dunno, maybe 24 participants, you're going to want to run 3 tournament beystadiums. Combine that with other bladers playing freeplay matches, and the amount of parents who are going to show up with the younger bladers... I worry a little bit. We've run tournaments in fairly small card shops, but not in that narrow a room. I worry that perhaps the noise situation of beyblades, which are substantially noisier than cards, are going to lead to interesting results.

Every other business in the plaza is closed on the weekends, so noise is not an issue at least in that regard.  You can easily fit two stadiums per 8’ table as well as 1 per 6’ table.  We could also set up tables outside for free play if needed.
That's not exactly what I meant. I'm not concerned about your neighboring businesses, I'm concerned that you're going to deal with a lot of noise in a narrow enclosed space. But you'll find out the hard way I guess.

For tournament matches, three players need to be around a beystadium: The two participants on either side, and the judge in the middle. I don't know how you're going to judge with the tables set up like that. You might have better luck with tables down the middle of the room, with the two participants on either side, and the judge standing at the end of a table overseeing the match. You could Theoretically have 6 people around the table that way but I recommend giving them more space.

I have no idea where people not currently participating in a tournament match are going to stand.
These are all solvable problems, if they even are problems. We’ll see what changes need to be made after the first event is hosted.