[South Jersey, USA] South Jersey Beyblade League

[Image: image02.png?v=2091c6c3]

Hey There Bladers!

My name is Isaac (you can call me DranzerKnuckle) and I'm trying to start a Beyblade league for the South Jersey/Philadelphia area, which I'm calling the South Jersey Beyblade Association (SJBBA). I've been playing since metal fight and I'd love to start organizing and hosting events for the community! My plans include tournaments (ranked and unranked) as well as workshops to help others get into the game.

First things first though, I need to see who's interested! I've created a carrd homepage with basic information about the league and our goals. Check it out!

We also have a discord set up so we can start chatting about logistics and planning. Feel free to join if you're interested! Discord

I'm really excited, especially with the prospect of Beyblade X turning the game into a full-blown sport. There are tons of sports leagues in my area - from deck hockey to soccer to baseball - so why not beyblade??? I've been researching venues near me as well, such as recreation centers and parks. I'm thinking Lindenwold might be a good town to host in with its close proximity to public transportation. More updates will be available in the discord and on the website as we get the plans ironed out.

I'm also a digital cinematography student, and I intend to bring some of those skills to SJBBA events. Things like setting up multiple cameras for the audience to watch battles live on a big screen, creating youtube content to promote our teams, finding energized and enthusiastic hosts, and some snazzy uniform designs! Beyblade is something I've had a deep passion for since I was a little kid, so it feels good to be able to bring others together in the name of the game.

The only downside at the moment is that my collection is extremely limited. Back in the day I had a HUGE collection of metal fight and plastic gen beys, but my parents decided to sell them at a yard sale one day without telling me. Needless to say I was heartbroken and gave up on Beyblade for a few years. Thankfully I recently got back into it thanks to my girlfriend's encouragement and I'm more fired up than ever. At the moment I have about 8 burst format beys and one stadium, so we can definitely use some help when it comes to equipment. I'm considering a small membership fee just to help us get started which would also include a t-shirt.

What do you guys think? The whole idea has me PUMPED. Please reply to this post or DM if you're interested!

Best,

DranzerKnuckle
I'm from Philly and it's been a while since I did any of these; however the new X series rekindled my interest in the franchise!