SoulCalibur

Another Ichida thread! SoulCalibur. One of my favorite fighting games. Hmm... wow, I just realized how into fighting games I've gotten. In my old days I wouldn't have bothered. But now I'm into SC, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.

So, back on topic. Discuss any interesting matches, favorite characters, your strategies, even pics of your custom characters!

Here's mine: Alexander!

And a little funny tidbit of mine. At Otakon 07 I played in the SCIII tourney (lost in the second round. Pinching_eyes_2) and almost half of the people there were using Kilik. Big surprise. I heard a bunch of people around talking, saying things like, "It's Kilik versus Kilik!" "Go, Kilik!" "$50 on Kilik!" "Kilik's gonna kill Kilik, I just know it!" and the like, lol.

Yes! Discuss now.
I've never played any SC games, as bad as that may seem. I had SC3 once, but I needed the money badly so I returned it. <<

SC3 seemed better, you could create a character couldn't you?
Yeah, that's why I got into SoulCalibur. SCIV is going to rock, and its character creation's going to be incredible, since it was already pretty great in III.
Ah. When I get money I'll have to check SC3 out, even if I just rent it. Was SC1 or 2 good? I never heard of SC till part 3 game out.
SCII was good, but I've only played it once. Kicked carp with Talim. *shrug* SCI I've never seen.
I love SC and SCII. Got them both, first one for Dreamcast and II for GCN. I'll definitely be getting Soul Calibur Legends for Wii.
I got SCII for GC and thought it was kickass back when I got it and played through the whole thing. I had played before with a friend that owned it for PS2, liked it, so I got it as well. I haven't played the thing in ages though.
Also played SC3 like once or twice (same friend) and thought that was cool too. Sucks it never came out for GC.
Legends is looking interesting, so I might get it.
Will wait for Annie to beat it and unlock everything so I can create pretty women with swords.
I once had this match in SC2. It was amazing it was Raphael V.s. Nightmare in Arcade mode and as you should all know that means it was a destined battle (the one before you fight Inferno and the difficulty is just insane) I was using my speed getting in close, but Nightmare's power was just incredible I was matching him for health though and I was SO into it reading ahead with how he moved trying to counter as best I could.

It got down to one hit left for him and me. SUDDENLY he performs his dance in such a way that he's in the air high above me ready to perform a MASSIVE "Earth Divide" I believe they call it. When I notice the stance of the move... He's in mid air and his arms are high above his head leg's tucked back and chest TOTALLY exposed. This all occurs to me within a second.

I react instantly to this and lunge forward with Raphael and poke him with the saber in the middle of his chest with his forward triangle move.

Nightmare DROPS instantly hitting the ground from this and I win the match. With just that one poke I took him out! It was amazing! I had a moment of PERFECT clarity I was THAT into the battle.
Nightmare from SCII =D

I'm no good at the game, but I still like it =)
Tamer Brad Wrote:Will wait for Annie to beat it and unlock everything so I can create pretty women with swords.

I'd let you copy my fully unlocked save file if my brother hadn't corrupted it by unplugging the PS2 while it was saving. Pinching_eyes_2 ALL THAT WORK, GONE!!
So, I hear Legends sucks carp.

Hopefully, SC IV will be just as good, if not better, than the previous fighting ones. Too bad it's not coming to Wii, apparently.
Ichida Wrote:Another Ichida thread!
What? SCIV is coming to the Wii. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia is in it, and he's a Wii exclusive character.

Oops, never mind. That's Soul Calibur Legends. carp Soul Calibur 4 then.
Mr. Toto Wrote:What? SCIV is coming to the Wii. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia is in it, and he's a Wii exclusive character.

you just broke everyone's hearts
Mr. Toto Wrote:What? SCIV is coming to the Wii. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia is in it, and he's a Wii exclusive character.

wait
Lloyd Irving is gonna be in wii exclusive fighting game? or are you kidding?

edit: wow just did some research, he is. SO GETTING THIS GAME
Soul Calibur Legends isn't a fighting game.
I don't care what type of game it is, gonna get it for sure

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16264

HOLY carp ITS TOS FIGHTING MUSIC!!!!!!!! why did I just learn that this game existed
Holy carp! Since when was Lloyd in the game?
Tamer Brad Wrote:Soul Calibur Legends isn't a fighting game.

This is like identical to Devil Within with Jin Kazama (the RPG thing from Tekken 5) and it stands to reason since it is the same company.
Some weeks back Soul Calibur V/5 was announced, coming out in 2012 . It is said that some of the new characters are:
I think as well that Dampierre will return from Soul Calibur Broken Destiny as well.

I have played Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube and I loved it!
I never owned a Play Station 2 so I never got the chance to play Soul Calibur 3
But I have played (and still play) Soul Calibur 4 in over 2 years now.

My favorite character must be: Amy, Scherazade and Ashlotte from Soul Calibur 4 because of their personality Tongue_out

Anyone else is going to get the game when it comes out? I hope that Namco Bandai isn't going to extend the release date when they have set one :\