Sonic Series

Ok, I'm a huuge fan of the Sonic series. He's had his up's and downs lately, but I do believe that games like Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Riders, and Sonic Rush/Rush Adventure were pretty good games. And also, having Sonic in Brawl is pretty damn cool as well.

Speaking of Sonic Rush Adventure, has anyone else bought this? I'm probably going to buy it soon, but was wondering what other people thought of it.
I've never played a single Sonic game past Sonic CD (except for Sonic Rush)

I still say Sonic 2 is the best,
or Sonic Spinball for a spinoff title..
Sonic and Knuckles ftw.
i love sonic. im currently reading through all the comics and played alot of the games. though i havent played any of them past adventure 2 battle and adventure DX
This and the megaman series are the two franchises which I really never got a chance to play much as a kid. I remember playing sonic a little, but not enough to call myself a fan. It was only at friend's houses.
I've pretty much stopped playing "Sonic The Hedgehog"(that's the name) for the 360. I only just met Silver too...there's something about this game that doesn't interest me.

Sonic Battle Adventure 2 was badass though.
Oh my GOD, I've been a fan of Sonic since the beginning. I still remember when I was a little kid, my dad and I would play Sonic 3 together. He'd be Sonic and I'd be Tails. The most fun was the boss of Marble Garden. I'd be flying Sonic around as he attacked Robotnik. Yes, ROBOTNIK. NOT EGGMAN!!! Pinching_eyes_2

*also has all of the Sonic comics, used the same torrent as Fleets* I still need to get started on those. What I should do is put the images on my PSP and read 'em while at work, XDD.

I still remember playing Sonic CD as a kid, on the actual Sega CD. Damn that game was fun. Tongue_out

While Sonic Battle departed radically from the flow of the series, I have to day I enjoyed it immensely.

The two Sonic Adventures I didn't like just because Knuckles' treasure hunting was a huge waste of time.

Sonic Heroes I liked because the three-man action system was pretty cool.

Sonic Riders was just... weird. It was an attempt to make other characters look like they were as fast as or faster than Sonic, which of course we know is carp not true for anyone besides a select few like Shadow. And now they're making a sequel to it, if nobody else knew about it. Pinching_eyes_2
When I got my first computer (like my first non-hand me down pile of carp) I got Sonic R with it. I still love that game it's simple, but it's a whole mess of fun.
Ichida Wrote:NOT EGGMAN!!! Pinching_eyes_2

he was renamed to Eggman after Sonic killed the original Robotnik...well technically it was Snively's doing. he reprogrammed the ultimate annihilator to only effect Robotnik. then after that though Robo-Robotnik from a different universe came along and pretended to be Robotnik returned from the dead, then took on a new shell and called himself eggman
Fleetscut Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:NOT EGGMAN!!! Pinching_eyes_2

he was renamed to Eggman after Sonic killed the original Robotnik...well technically it was Snively's doing. he reprogrammed the ultimate annihilator to only effect Robotnik. then after that though Robo-Robotnik from a different universe came along and pretended to be Robotnik returned from the dead, then took on a new shell and called himself eggman

Really because there is a robo eggman in Sonic R.. and a real Eggman (it's HILARIOUS to watch him run)
Robo-Robotnik cam from a different universe where he roboticized himself and half roboticized the freedom fighters. when robotnik got "killed" by E.V.E he was sent to the alternate universe and Robo-Robotnik gave him some advice then sent him back. then after Robotnik died Robo-Robotnik came along. i just cant remember how. maybe what your refering to are the eggbots cause snively built a whole bunch of those and they look alot like eggman
The first like 3 Sonic games were amazing.

After that... Ehh, not so much.
i have a CD with sonic 3, sonic and knuckles, and sonic 3 and knuckles. awesome games
Ichida Wrote:Sonic Riders was just... weird. It was an attempt to make other characters look like they were as fast as or faster than Sonic, which of course we know is carp not true for anyone besides a select few like Shadow. And now they're making a sequel to it, if nobody else knew about it. >.<

I thought Sonic Riders was a pretty good game. And I'll be getting SR: Zero Gravity for sure.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is the best game though, I used to play that game for hours and hours when I was younger on Genesis and my friends Sega Nomad. SA2B in a close second; for me at least.
I liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it's soundtrack.
bugturtles Wrote:I liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it's soundtrack.

Me and my friend always make fun of Amy's theme. xD
I liked raising chaos in Sonic Adventure 2
I have sonic III for the genesis, great game =)
Raising Chaos was so addictive, and probably the only reason I even played Adventure 2.
*laughs at the thought of a Pokemon clone with Chao*
it wasnt a pokemon clone. it was actually better then pokemon
Ichida Wrote:*laughs at the thought of a Pokemon clone with Chao*

chao was awesome, they need to separate chao from sonic and give them their own game
I meant "laughs" in a good way, as in it would be interesting to play.
I played Sonic Advance and it had a Chao "mini" game.

With the rings you collect from the levels, you can buy eggs, items, etc. I think the egg colors and items rotate at some sort of interval.

You could also connect it to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and transfer between GBA and 'Cube.
i have rush adventure. its a big jump from the first one graphics wise and story wise. its really fun. hard and annoying at times but fun. also got a wifi racing option which is really good also.
brandonk129 Wrote:i have rush adventure. its a big jump from the first one graphics wise and story wise. its really fun. hard and annoying at times but fun. also got a wifi racing option which is really good also.

Did they improve the multiplayer from Rush? Even on local WiFi I experienced absolutely horrible lag.

I hope the online modes aren't like that. >_>