Sonic Or Mario?

Poll: Sonic or Mario? Hm....

Mario
34.45%
Sonic
65.55%
Total: 100% 119 vote(s)
(Feb. 10, 2011  7:00 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Besides Mario games are much more worse than Sonic.

According to Metacritic

SONIC-

Sonic Colors 78/100
Sonic Unleashed 60/100
Sonic and the Black Knight 58/100
Sonic Free Riders 47/100

MARIO-

Super Mario Galaxy 97/100
Super Mario Galaxy 2 97/100
New Super Mario Bros. Wii 87/100
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story 90/100

I think this speaks for itself.
(Feb. 10, 2011  7:27 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2011  7:00 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Besides Mario games are much more worse than Sonic.

According to Metacritic

SONIC-

Sonic Colors 78/100
Sonic Unleashed 60/100
Sonic Free Riders 47/100

MARIO-

a websites review is not the same as personal preference, sonic colors was much better than super mario galaxy 1 and 2, i have played all three
(Feb. 10, 2011  8:00 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: a websites review is not the same as personal preference

If that's the case, then this topic is useless, because it's all up to opinion. If we can't trust professionnal websites, then we certainly can't base this all on opinion.
now this is hard i love both but if i had to chose itd go to mario
I said to just pick who you like. It is an opinion, but this is YOUR answer, not the stupid website's. And also, please state your reason why you like the character please. Thank you. That is all.
I wasn't picking on the existence of this thread (Although I do think they are somewhat...bad, since it could be made for anything: Mario vs. Megaman, Zelda vs. Sonic, Metroid vs. Pokemon) I was rather showing that Mario games are much, MUCH more popular, not only to the critics but also to the fans, than Sonic games.

If it's a matter of opinion, then he should have added "The Sonic games are much better, in my opinion."
IMO - The Sonic games are much better
ida know mario was in super smash bros mele while sonic only could make it into ssb 4 wii.
PS my friend argued with that because he thought that since there was a pokemon trainer in it it was a pokemon game
(Feb. 11, 2011  2:44 AM)EarthEagle2813 Wrote: ida know mario was in super smash bros mele while sonic only could make it into ssb 4 wii.

uh, there is no SSB4...
Mario, hands down. Why? Take a look:

Mario:

Saves princesses
Has super human abilities
Rides a dinosaur
Shoots fire
Loves pasta

Sonic:

Talks in an annoying, whiny voice
Runs fast

My logic is gold. No offense to any Sonic fans, I respect your opinion. The Sonic games used to be good (a little too fast for me personally) but I saw an obvious drop in quality when my brother got Sonic Colors.
Sonic for Sure I Did not get all those new games but I Liked Sonic Colors(even my friend who is a Mario Fan said it was Awesome) and Unleashed.

Plus he:
Runs Faster than anything and anyone
Chaos Emeralds equals Super Sonic
He special was so Cool unfair on SSBB they had to remove it from tournaments
His Voice changed
Been a Fan since I Was born
Cool Characters(Silver FTW)

P.S I Kinda like Mario since they are Friends now but it was good when They were Rivals.

According to Metacritic

SONIC-

Sonic Colors 78/100
Sonic Unleashed 60/100
Sonic Free Riders 47/100

MARIO-

CoughConfuseduperMariogalaxysucks:cough
Since i enjoyed playing both i don't hate any character , but since nowadays sonic has gone multi platform i would definitely go for sonic it,s not just sonic adventure games but also his kart racer [ Sonic & Sega all stars racing ] which i found way better than mario kart & if Mario will always be a Nintendo Exclusive then he has zero to no chances of growth & captivating a wider audience , so Sonic all the way for me
(Feb. 11, 2011  3:23 AM)scipio132 Wrote: CoughConfuseduperMariogalaxysucks:cough

Cough: That's just your opinion and many disagree with you:cough.

Seriously, guys, you're totally free to say "I don't like the Mario games, they are not the kind of games I enjoy" but don't try to call the Mario games being bad as fact, because sales and actual professionnal reviews say otherwise.

EDIT: For example, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, one of the most popular Sonic games out there, sold only about six million copies worldwide, while Super Mario World, a game that came out around the same time, sold over 20 million copies. The same goes forpretty much every single Sonic/Mario games that came out around the same time.
(Feb. 11, 2011  3:23 AM)scipio132 Wrote:

According to Metacritic

SONIC-

Sonic Colors 78/100
Sonic Unleashed 60/100
Sonic Free Riders 47/100

MARIO-

CoughConfuseduperMariogalaxysucks:cough

Unbelievably bad games. Colors was good, as is StH 4 episode 1. Mario has just established himself more this decade. Bad Sonic Games + Good Mario Games= Sonic's scores fpr good games drop, and his fame somewhat drops.
hey i liked sonic and the black knight, the only problem was that it was to short, super mario galaxy was boring for me but the others are fine
They are equal to me. I think when they fight they'd just K. O. themselves in Brawl. Mario tries to get Sonic, but he falls to a pit. Mario accidentally jumps in after them.
Meh to the whole Storybook series. It stank out loud.
Sonic, as a character has better powers (Excalibur, the Wisps, WereHog, and dont forget Super Sonic)
Mario doesnt have many good powers, the ones he has could never meet up to sonic.
Besides, Mario may have swag, but Sonic is so Gipper(if u watch Tosh.O U know what I mean)
(Feb. 12, 2011  5:21 AM)xStorm Bladerx Wrote: (Excalibur, the Wisps, WereHog, and dont forget Super Sonic)

Just want to say that Sonic never carries his powers over, except for Super Sonic.

Besides, we all know the WereHog sucks.
Mario, ofcourse. I grew up with this guy, watching him battle giant turtles, save princesses, and more since I was a baby. And best of all, he is a plumber that rides a dinosaur.
i kinda grew up with both but sonic was just always better to me
sonic

mario
(Aug. 04, 2010  10:58 PM)Cyanide Wrote: got to go fast! sonic cause
1. he gots cool theme sngs
2. songs in his video games are awesome
3. he can run faster then the speed of light
4. he gots awesome moves
5.hes strong
6. cause h just looks so cool ^-^
7. he gots his own beyblade(isnt realy but it was made its an MFB they shoudl release it for like a mcdonalds thing like the big mac beyblade

Thats an epic picture.

Well, I dont like sonic as i used to before, but sonic is better IMO.
He's really fast.
He's hyper.
Cheese.
his games are cool.

Bad stuff about him:
His fans have grown a dislike to his new games
He's naked O_O i think he's way cooler when human Grin
And from looking at da replies, I think sonic is more liked...
id rather choose a husky italin plumber than a naked heghog whos named after fast food resturaunt whats next a charicter named white castle