Sonic Or Mario?

Poll: Sonic or Mario? Hm....

Mario
34.45%
Sonic
65.55%
Total: 100% 119 vote(s)
Hmm... Although I absolutely love both series' I have to say that I think Sonic is better than Mario. I can beat the entire Super Mario Bros. in roughly 5 minutes, But it still takes me a while to beat the original Sonic The Hedgehog. Not to mention Sonic Adventure makes Super Mario 64 look like trash. Tongue_out

Besides, Sonic was on the worlds greatest game system. The Dreamcast!

Besides, although Mario games are fun, they kinda get boring after a while since they are pretty much all the same. I just wish Mario would mix it up once in a while. And I'm getting tired of seeing Mario doing anything and everything.

So, yeah. I like Sonic The Hedgehog much better! Joyful_2
(Jun. 20, 2011  2:45 PM)Hytyjin Wrote: id rather choose a husky italin plumber than a naked heghog whos named after fast food resturaunt whats next a charicter named white castle

Yet again your post has no quality at all.

First things first, 'sonic' is a word in the english language, made way before the restaurant was even conceived. See?:
Dictionary.com Wrote:son·ic
adjective /sänik/ 

1. Relating to or using sound waves

2. Denoting or having a speed equal to that of sound

Obviously, the JAPANESE creators of Sonic wouldn't care about some random cheap drive-in restaurant, they used the definition to show how fast he is, by giving him the name which was obviously based off of the second definition. And by the way, how many animals grow up in the wild wearing a freaking sweater and jeans? Great, you just insulted almost every animal on the planet. And your attempt at humor failed horribly, seeing how you were actually being serious.

I personally choose Sonic over Mario, but Bey-Heart (insert Facebook-style tags here) already stated my reason.
Duh mario is so old!!! in fact mario is so old they should make this a game

Mario's retirement party!! which is as good as mario sport mix which is very sucky
mario uve had ur time its time for someone new someone blue... its kirby wait he's pink um samus oh wait he i mean she can't do anything for carp its SONIC!!
Mario Man Think about it uh hem

Mario- Stength, Shoots fireballs, Rides dinosaurs, makes a water gun deadly, Can travel in space without air *F U SCIENCE* Has gone on more adventures than you can shake a lambs tail, Starred in many fun games (have Yet to see a bad one) and In the live action bits of the cartoon a wrestler protrayed him HECK YEAH!

Sonic-A couple of good games....Now the cons..

Chris chan and Richard kuta (Aknothole resident) Are fans and lemme tell ya they are creepy especially well Kuta he wears diapers WTF O-o

Sonic Fans and i mean like hardcore not you guys WHINE and COMPLAIN over the stupidest stuff like Voice actors and Eye colors.....And least we forget well Too many characters who look the same i mean im sorry toads in mario get away with it for their personality these guys I mean because of sonic I bet none of you know what an echidna really is! That and i liked that ring genie chick shes likeable to me i dunno why but she is....Yeah sorry guys but mario wins
(Jun. 21, 2011  11:49 AM)Clonetos Wrote: Sonic Fans and i mean like hardcore not you guys WHINE and COMPLAIN over the stupidest stuff like Voice actors and Eye colors.....

I bet none of you know what an echidna really is!

i agree with that, it is stupid to complain about that, i could easily complain about sonic having a gut in the older games, have you ever seen a guy or animal who runs as much as sonic have a gut like that? (for chris, this is a video game discussion, not a TV show discussion...)

you just lost a bet, because i do

ok, so mario can shoot fire, but lets see

sonic can:
run at the speed of sound, talk, and go super saiyan even though he is just a hedgehog!!! i think sonic can say "F U SCIENCE" just as much as mario can

now if this was a Luigi VS sonic discussion i think we all know who would win... LUIGI XD
(Jun. 23, 2011  4:41 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: sonic can:
talk

... And Mario, a human being, can't talk?
(Jun. 23, 2011  2:10 PM)Dude Wrote:
talk

I'm sure he can, it's just Sonic displays his vocabulary much more often then his plumbing friend. Tbh, I've only heard about 10 words out of Mario. Idk whether to count YAHOO! As a word though, so maybe 9.
You haven't seen the Mario cartoon or played Hotel Mario, have you.

Besides, the silent Mario (Except for his random shoutings) is part of his charm.
I've never really liked Mario, even if I'm a die-hard nintendo fan. I just don't find his main platforming games as my type of game. Sonic's games are not the best either, and are not my type of game either (except the Black Knight). But if I had to pick, Mario. The quality of the games are superior to the Sonic games.
(Jun. 23, 2011  2:10 PM)Dude Wrote:
talk

meh, at the end of super mario galaxy he says "welcome new galaxy!" or something like that...

what i meant was, sonic is a hedgehog, yet he can talk. and i am fairly sure hedgehogs can not talk...
mario is better for me cuz i like italian ppl with mustaches and that say mama mia all the time
(Jun. 24, 2011  2:03 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I've never really liked Mario, even if I'm a die-hard nintendo fan.
Lol. I'll play Mario games, but I'm kinda tired of the character because of all his random appearances. Sure, he's an ok character, but in my opinion, Link should be Nintendo's mascot! XD

(Jun. 24, 2011  1:35 PM)Dude Wrote: You haven't seen the Mario cartoon or played Hotel Mario, have you.
I've never played Hotel Mario, but those Mario cartoons were awful! Lol. At least there were some cheesy Zelda cartoons throughout the series. Tongue_out
I like Mario better because he is more fun to watch.
(Jun. 25, 2011  4:10 PM)Ultimate Zero Wrote: Mario today, tomorrow and forever.
All of your posts that I've ever seen are SPAM. You need to elaborate!
Sonic games practically owned the "Gamecube Era"
hmmmmmm so hard go for a bland plumber that gets beat up by mushrooms.or a awsome hedgehog that can run at the speed of sound........so hard........ but ill say SONIC
and it is true adventure battle 2 was one of the best games ever because if you want to skate you can go to the 1st level,if you want to play sonic you can go too the other levels,and if your bored you can take care of a chao,and you dont even have to play as sonic because they give good and evil charecter story modes
Sonic. For multiple reasons.

1. - I still have fond memories of the shows, all three of them.
2. - The comics I enjoyed when they first came out back in the early 90's, and just as much today.
3. - I like that Sonic Team tries something new in the games.

I know a lot of folks complain about things Sonic related, but as a fan of 20 years, I don't see many of their arguments against certain things as holding much water.
(Jun. 21, 2011  11:27 AM)Shadow Hawk 666 Wrote: Duh mario is so old!!! in fact mario is so old they should make this a game

Mario's retirement party!! which is as good as mario sport mix which is very sucky
mario uve had ur time its time for someone new someone blue... its kirby wait he's pink um samus oh wait he i mean she can't do anything for carp its SONIC!!

What i said last time i'm not saying Mario games are carp ( except Mario Sport Mix ) i would be lying if i said Mario games suck im just saying Mario sucks hel-lo there is someone else in the game cgh: Luigi :cgh has anybody thought of making a Bowser game from his point of view
Sonic for his Speed and Super form. I love Mario too because of his Power- Ups and his great games. Sonic Generations looks awesome and will fix the Blue Blur's errors in gaming. So I'd say both.
although mario games are better by miles im a sonic fan all the way. and anyway Shadow the Hedgehog was amazing. better than any mario game ive played
(Jun. 26, 2011  3:24 AM)Hiraku æ‹“ Wrote: Sonic games practically owned the "Gamecube Era"

Erm... Adventure 1 and 2 were Dreamcast games, and the rest just smelled. So no. No he didn't.
Anyone who says Mario games are "Old", need to play the REAL Mario games. Bet it takes you about two years to win. Really, I don't necessarily like either anymore, as the difficulty has plummeted. Who's played Super Mario Bros., or the ORIGINAL StH? (I'm talkin' the 1991 game, not the crappy 2006 game.) They are HARD! So...I've got to say in 1991, Sonic. Up until 1999, Sonic. Until 2009, Mario. The last two years? Neither. Sonic Colors wasn't really hard until the last level before the final boss, which was incredibly easy, but I have to credit Sega for the Advance series, and the Rush series, but Mario tops Sonic there. In the early stages, Sonic dominates Mario, but it's only recently where they're on equal footing due to spinoffs being as bad as the StoryBook series. (Terrible.)
(Jun. 29, 2011  9:19 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: In the early stages, Sonic dominates Mario, but it's only recently where they're on equal footing due to spinoffs being as bad as the StoryBook series. (Terrible.)

i agree with that, after SA2 sonic games went down hill. and mario went up

but it seems that sonic games are redeeming themselves as sonic colors was fun to play (though shorter and easier), and with sonic generations(?) coming up
I can't sit by and not comment on the one character that I grew up with watching practically all my life, Sonic has been their for me all the time as a kid like some cartoon role model. it was like whenever I was down or depresed I could count on the fella to cheer me up, either by playing the genesis or watching the cartoon. you know the funny thing is how chronologically we are around the same age and if you count june 23rd 1991 as the release of his first game as his birthday he would be under the same zodiac sign as myself ( I was born july 21st 1990 ) the sign of cancer the crab, which kind of gets wierder with the fact we both are people that share the color blue me with my eyes and sonic, you already know. whats stranger is that crabs live in water and water is portrayed as blue. yep no lie believe it or...else.