So I feel old

30 years old here. Originally got into beyblades when I was a kid and now recently my niece got me back into the bursts. I've gone a little crazy collecting and customizing cause it's just so much fun trying different combinations.
(Mar. 13, 2018  1:07 PM)DocOne Wrote: 30 years old here. Originally got into beyblades when I was a kid and now recently my niece got me back into the bursts.  I've gone a little crazy collecting and customizing cause it's just so much fun trying different combinations.

Haha I know right?
I stumbled upon it during my trip to Japan last June.
Le sigh.  Don't get me started on the "I feel old" thing.  I still remember catching Sailor Moon in the mornings before junior high (I'm 35).  

Adult life will give you so much to fret about... Work, money, relationships, parenting, etc.   If you find joy in something as innocent as a game of battling spinning tops, then by all means, let it enrich you.  I'm not ashamed to admit that my interest in Beyblade helped me get through a bout with postpartum depression.  I may be the only mom in the world to say so, but we all find our own unique ways of surviving it, and this is mine.
This thread makes me feel better. I share a PO box with a coworker, and he got the mail one day and saw it was beyblades. He hasn't stopped poking fun at me since. Now everyone knows I've spent multiple paychecks on toys meant for small children haha.
(Apr. 11, 2018  11:35 PM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: This thread makes me feel better. I share a PO box with a coworker, and he got the mail one day and saw it was beyblades. He hasn't stopped poking fun at me since. Now everyone knows I've spent multiple paychecks on toys meant for small children haha.

The thing I find is that most people have at least one thing they get all geeked up about. Sports are probably the most mainstream thing. Video games are also only now starting to shed that "for kids and teens" image.

In my family, you're never too old to like toys and cartoons. The weirdos are the ones who have a problem with it because there's no reason to.
So glad to see we have quite the number of OG bladers... I feel we should get some Japanese WBO member to write a proper email asking them to include the original players from their previous series to allow them to join the burst official tournaments. Then we all just individually add our name and send our own email to their head.

That's one way we can all finally officially participate in the world tournament
(Apr. 11, 2018  11:35 PM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: This thread makes me feel better. I share a PO box with a coworker, and he got the mail one day and saw it was beyblades. He hasn't stopped poking fun at me since. Now everyone knows I've spent multiple paychecks on toys meant for small children haha.

as long as your a repsonsible adult, and put your needs before your wants~
Most of you started playing beyblade as kids. I've started when my son was kid lol
Im 25 now. Been playing beyblade even throughout my time in the Navy lol. Nothing wrong with spinning tops in my opinion!! haha
I don't know if I am an "OG" or not lol but I loved the original anime as a kid. I am 24 now and recently got into burst from the plastic generation. My wife is pretty supportive of it and at least in our little family, we don't judge based on interests. My parents ask me if I will ever grow up; I hope not. I explain to them that it's just like watching sports or doing gardening, its a thing that makes me happy. Just because sports and gardening are socially accepted for adults to do, doesn't mean they can't be just as obsessed with what they do!
I'm 24 so now i feel young again thanks to this post. Lmao. I thought im gonna be a senior citizen at this hobby cause i really rarely see anybody playing this or any groups especially adults.

I just recently got back in to beyblade literally just last week. Last time i was into beyblade, i was an 8-9 year old back in 2002 with a plastic draciel. Hooooooooly, i thought beyblade was literally dead till i stumble upon review videos randomly at youtube. It's been such a long time, i missed out on the whole metal thing with those greek/roman mythology motif joint. I really enjoy being back though and finding out about this community. Trying to get some of my friends into this too so i dont feel like im in a bubble in my area.
I feel you. Was a member on the original forum when it was called Off The Chains or something like that back in early 2000s. Stopped blading back in 2008 then when I saw MFB just bought a couple for the hell of it. Now that I am older I can buy as many as I want haha. Went to a tournament last month everyone was really young so I just watched and had a few free battles.