So...

(Apr. 05, 2009  5:42 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Are there any differences between the beylauncher and the Right Launcher besides the Ripcord/String thing?
And how do the different tracks actually influence the performance of a Beyblade?

Couldn't find anything about this with the search function.
I guess I simply suck at using search engines... Tired

Search engines don't really help much sometimes when looking for beyblade info.

The Beylauncher provides a better, more powerful launch while the Right launcher is simply easier to use.

Tracks mainly affect the height of the beyblade: http://www.beyuk.net/mfbsystem.php But some tracks have gimmicks which also affect performance such as the track WD145 (Wide Defense 14.5mm), which helps in defense.
Okay, so which height should I use for which purpose?
Low tracks such as 105/100 and 90 are usually recommended. Grin

EDIT: Although certain others like D125 are good too.
We really ought to make a topic SPECIFICALLY for something like this - bring MFB to your town. If we all were to research the laws on this, cost, suppliers, and effective ways of convincing small stores to carry it, I think it would make things easier on everyone. It'll be like beta testing for distribution. :? Once we have a clear method of this and a few examples, it might be easier for everyone else to go about this. I think it would be more beneficial to have it in one place, y'know?
(Apr. 05, 2009  6:24 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Okay, so which height should I use for which purpose?

Yeah low tracks (90, 100, 105) are generally ideal for any type of beyblade. But are usually used in attack combos.
D125 is generally used for balance type blades and WD145 is used for defense.
(Apr. 05, 2009  6:31 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We really ought to make a topic SPECIFICALLY for something like this - bring MFB to your town. If we all were to research the laws on this, cost, suppliers, and effective ways of convincing small stores to carry it, I think it would make things easier on everyone. It'll be like beta testing for distribution. :? Once we have a clear method of this and a few examples, it might be easier for everyone else to go about this. I think it would be more beneficial to have it in one place, y'know?

Great idea.
I'll supply the information for Germany, as soon as I have everything together (which will probably be somewhen during the next week).

(Apr. 05, 2009  6:32 PM)Aqua Wrote: Yeah low tracks (90, 100, 105) are generally ideal for any type of beyblade. But are usually used in attack combos.
D125 is generally used for balance type blades and WD145 is used for defense.

So tracks like 125 and 145 are completely without purpose?
Or perhaps for Force Smash when we get appropriate wheels...
(Apr. 05, 2009  6:44 PM)Kazegami Wrote: So tracks like 125 and 145 are completely without purpose?
Or perhaps for Force Smash when we get appropriate wheels...

I wouldn't call those tracks useless. Like you said they can be used in some specialized combos such as a force smash combo. But right now there are no appropriate wheels for these tracks to have much use.
Nice to see a new user so active in the community already. Smile
(Apr. 05, 2009  6:46 PM)Aqua Wrote: I wouldn't call those tracks useless. Like you said they can be used in some specialized combos such as a force smash combo. But right now there are no appropriate wheels for these tracks to have much use.
Quetz. But 145 is pretty much useless yeah.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:11 PM)Giga Wrote: Quetz. But 145 is pretty much useless yeah.

Yeah, I thought of Quetz for force smash but I figured since it's not a common beyblade and not many people have it , there was no point in mentioning it.
DS Game and the fact that it's going down like a rock on YJA.
Well, I download my DS games, so no Quetzalcoatl for me^^
Then Quetz is the first exception from the Zodiac theme, right?
I want a Pisces, since I'm a pisces myself and I have a faible for Stamina Type Beyblades.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:32 PM)Kazegami Wrote: Well, I download my DS games, so no Quetzalcoatl for me^^
Then Quetz is the first exception from the Zodiac theme, right?

No, there's also L Drago Wink
Draco, yes?
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:49 PM)Giga Wrote: Draco, yes?

Draco isn't part of the Zodiac.
Not of the western zodiac, but of the chinese, same as Bull.
And Pegasus is at least a star constellation, whereas Quetzalcoatl is a Maya/Aztec God
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:59 PM)Kazegami Wrote: [...], whereas Quetzalcoatl is a Maya/Aztec God
Quetzalcoatl is associated to the planet Venus.

I think "Horoscope" should be read as "Constellations" ...
Good news!
The Ordnungsamt says I'm allowed to sell Beyblades here.
Looks like my father was exaggerating regarding German bureaucracy.
Next stop's the customs office, then I gotta wait for theINtoy to stock and ship BB-32 and I'm good to go.

EDIT: New problem turned up: I have to carry all of the costs myself...
Seperate Master Case orders at toy-wholesaler.jp are all about 100€ each, at least for non-Set products.
But I only have about 600€ at my disposal. If I can't find some sponsors or a cheaper supplier, I'm screwed.
Plus if MFB doesn't sell, it's my money going down the gutter...
Well, latter shouldn't be so much of a problem. I'm confident that I can find other ways to get my money back should that be the case. I'm even more confident that MFB is going to be a hit anyway.
(Apr. 06, 2009  10:35 AM)Kazegami Wrote: Good news!
The Ordnungsamt says I'm allowed to sell Beyblades here.
Looks like my father was exaggerating regarding German bureaucracy.
Next stop's the customs office, then I gotta wait for theINtoy to stock and ship BB-32 and I'm good to go.

EDIT: New problem turned up: I have to carry all of the costs myself...
Seperate Master Case orders at toy-wholesaler.jp are all about 100€ each, at least for non-Set products.
But if only have about 600€ at my disposal. If I can't find some sponsors or a cheaper supplier, I'm screwed.
Plus if MFB doesn't sell, it's my money going down the gutter...
Well, latter shouldn't be so much of a problem. I'm confident that I can find other ways to get my money back should that be the case. I'm even more confident that MFB is going to be a hit anyway.
don't worry, I face the same financial issue. I'll be throwing about $300 into it to start.
Just 300$? Do you have to pay everything yourself, or do you have support?
Well, my question now is: What should I buy and where should I buy it?
I don't want to shell out my entire money at once, but at the same time I want to offer a sufficiently broad range of products for a resonable price.

EDIT: Oh yes, I just got word from theINtoy. They have BB-32 in stock now, so I should be able to do the promotion on time.

ANOTHER EDIT: The money at my disposal just went straight down to zero.
My mother remebered to tell me that we're in financial trouble right now and that this whole thing is to big an investment for me...
Looks like this has to wait a few more months.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: My mother changed her mind and told me I could do it, if I just don't spend too much money... So I guess my budget now would be about 300 €.
I hope I don't have to name any more edits...
get random boosters. Kids will buy them just because they don't know what's inside. Plus, they are the least expensive. It also provides for a nice mixture of parts instead of everyone buying libra. Uncertain
But they need launchers and stadiums, too.
What about those?
Too expensive.
Kids won't leave 40 € in a stationery shop for that. Nor would their parents, for sure.
My main goals right now are to get MFB running over here and to make some profit with the cheaper products (i.e. Random Boosters) so I can stock the more expensive stuff later on.
Also, with my parents' financial problems I can't take any risks with expensive sets.
Have random boosters as some sort of award or something, if it's a stationary shop. And let people play for fifty
Euros in shop.