So...

(Apr. 03, 2009  4:50 PM)Rocky Wrote: As long as they're not massively over priced, I'm sure people here will buy them, even if it's gradually. If you can, you really should try something like what Deikailo's doing. It sounds like you have a near perfect set-up. Grin

It's a near perfect set-up alright.
With three problems:
1. The shop's located in the outskirts of Augsburg, meaning it doesn't have that many customers. Though, if I can start a new Beyblade-hype there, it has a fair chance of spreading into the city.
2. It's not exactly a toy shop, but a stationery shop. But there are an elementary school and a kindergarten in the neighborhood, so we stock sweets and collectible stickers and the like accordingly.
3. My mother is concerned about the customs regulations. She would agree to me doing a promotion and selling Beyblades if she knew for how much she would have to sell them to make profit. I don't have any information about this, though.

Should I perhaps transfer this discussion to Deikailo's thread?
This is a thread about you so it's fine here. But I guess it would be okay in her thread, I can't remember if it was centered around promoting MFB or her actions specifically. But whatever -

If you have an Elementary School near you then that's great. If you can get them properly interested they should be able to buy everything fine. XD But if not, you could set up an online shop? Then you'd have a lot more customers. Or just sell them on here.
Well, my main goal is not to promote MFB in general, but especially in my area.
And selling them here? If people already found their way over here, they might just as well import them themselves. Would be cheaper. Same goes for an online shop. If they order them online, they'll probably order them directly from Japan.

To introduce MFB properly, I'll need 4 Beyblades, one of each type.
Could you make some recommendations?
Those reshuffle sets for example would be bad, since I need at least 2 launchers.
Another important aspect would be a relatively low cost point.

EDIT: Waitaminute...
Did I understand right that MFBs usually come without a launcher?
Starter MFBs come with a Beylauncher (String Shooter) or a Right Launcher. Boosters come without either. I think the new beyblades are only coming with the Beylaunchers but you can buy the Right Launchers seperately anyways. Smile

We have a reccomendation thread in the BeyMarketplace. But I'd imagine the general concencus would be Storm Pegasis, Dark Wolf, Rock Leone, Libra, Virgo, Leone (for the D) and maybe Escolpio.
(Apr. 03, 2009  6:41 PM)Rocky Wrote: I think the new beyblades are only coming with the Beylaunchers but you can buy the Right Launchers seperately anyways. Smile
Dark Wolf DF145FS comes with a Right Launcher.
(Apr. 03, 2009  6:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Dark Wolf DF145FS comes with a Right Launcher.

Really? Awesome. Cool I don't know why I thought that now. XD
I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding:
I didn't ask for Beyblades to start out with, but to demonstrate Attack, Defense, Stamina and Balance.
Also, I was hoping for BB- numbers.
Well they're pretty much the best.....Storm Pegasis will be best for Attack. Libra will be best for Defence and probably Stamina but you'll have to get the appropriate Tracks and Bottoms which I think would be D125, 100, D, B, WB. You don't have to get all of them, they're all good (i'm guessing with the WB though). We don't have anything amazing for Compacts, Upper Attack, etc. yet. It's pretty much Storm Peg for attack and then Libra does everything else. XD We don't know if Storm Pegs wheel will be any good but it'll be the best attack blade out of the box.
My father just pointed out another fatal flaw in my plan: German bureaucracy.
If my mother were to sell Beyblades, she'd first have to get a retail license from TAKARA-TOMY and then the Beyblades would have to undergo product tests to see if they are up to par with German safety standards.
If we started selling them just like that and someone found us out, we'd get sued big time...

EDIT:
I guess it's back to waiting for a Europe release.
A mass order is out of question for me and the prices for small orders are horrendous.
I also thought of ordering samples from TAKARATOMY but I have no idea how to do so.
Another plan shipwrecked in the planning phase...
(Apr. 03, 2009  7:46 PM)Kazegami Wrote: My father just pointed out another fatal flaw in my plan: German bureaucracy.
If my mother were to sell Beyblades, she'd first have to get a retail license from TAKARA-TOMY and then the Beyblades would have to undergo product tests to see if they are up to par with German safety standards.
If we started selling them just like that and someone found us out, we'd get sued big time...

EDIT:
I guess it's back to waiting for a Europe release.
A mass order is out of question for me and the prices for small orders are horrendous.
I also thought of ordering samples from TAKARATOMY but I have no idea how to do so.
Another plan shipwrecked in the planning phase...
Check the licensing. If TakaraTomi doesn't have a license for tha country, you might be able to go ahead and do it.
And where can I check the licensing?
I have no experience with that stuff.
(Apr. 03, 2009  8:54 PM)Kazegami Wrote: And where can I check the licensing?
I have no experience with that stuff.
Nor do I. I know in the USA, you can find that sort of information at our judicial courts. I would talk to your local authority and ask them who could best answer questions about product licensing.
Monday I'll pay the "Ordnungsamt" (I couldn't find a translation, probably this "local authority" you've been talking about) a visit and ask them about the regulations regarding the sale of imported goods.
Until then I'll have to put this plan at least on hold...
Well, that's Germany for you: Whenever you have a good idea, thousands of laws, regulations and other legal mumbo jumbo will render it useless.
(Apr. 03, 2009  4:40 PM)Kazegami Wrote: "Keep going", eh...
Never quite managed to do that.
Impressive how you hit the core of my problems with your first try.
People've been crippling my self-conciousness and perseverance left 'n' right the last few years.

Anyway, now that this is said, no point in further whining.
My mother has a shop where she, among other things, sells these "Gogos 'Crazy Bones'" which are the latest craze with the kids here. I've got holidays starting now, so I might do a little promotion with my plastics (or MFBs if I can get some within the next 2 weeks) there.

If this spurs some interest, I might try the same thing as you. In the thread you said something about people buying the leftovers if it fails. Do you think I'd get the same support?

Where are you located? As in a central area or in a small village?
As I already said: it's in the outskirts of Augsburg.
More specifically in the center of a suburb with many kids.

But since I can't get the stuff for the promotion, I'll probably give up on this plan anyway.
The deal with my low budget is, that the kids probably won't buy Beyblades if we sell them for more than 15€ each. And if I am unable to get 4-5 Beyblades for private use with 75€ we can't offer them at a reasonable price.
Unhappy Try to get in contact with theintoy, see if you can work something out, they are really nice.
My problem with theintoy is, they only have MFB up to BB-27 Capricorne.
Plus they're missing BB-13 and BB-14.
Granted, their overall prices seem to be slightly lower than Japan-Toys'.
And what am I supposed to tell them...?
(Apr. 05, 2009  4:34 PM)Kazegami Wrote: My problem with theintoy is, they only have MFB up to BB-27 Capricorne.
Plus they're missing BB-13 and BB-14.
Granted, their overall prices seem to be slightly lower than Japan-Toys'.
And what am I supposed to tell them...?

theintoy should be getting the newer realeases BB-28 - BB-34 within the next week or so. They are not located in Japan so they won't get there stock as quickly as some of the other online stores.

BB-13 Random Booster Vol.1 Secret Aries was out of stock everywhere months ago, so it's no suprise they don't have them in stock. BB-14 is just the Balance Type BeyStadium.
Okay, so I could hypothetically order everything from them within my budget...
Then where should I place the bigger orders should the promotion succeed?
theintoy doesn't have a big stock.
kazegami, I will check around for a wholesale supplier for you.
Okay, now I'm optimistic again.
Thanks, everyone. You guys are simply GREAT!^^

Let's just hope this really works out.
Are there any differences between the beylauncher and the Right Launcher besides the Ripcord/String thing?
And how do the different tracks actually influence the performance of a Beyblade?

Couldn't find anything about this with the search function.
I guess I simply suck at using search engines... Tired