Smokers?

(Apr. 18, 2009  8:53 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: I realy support any smokers quiting! The government are greedy money makers that don't care thier citizens are dieing. Angry

That or there would be an uproar if they banned smoking as it has become a very social and common habit.

Also, smoking looking cool is an opinion, whether it ruins your lungs is NOT basically. =/
(Apr. 18, 2009  9:12 PM)Pikachao Wrote: That or there would be an uproar if they banned smoking as it has become a very social and common habit.

Also, smoking looking cool is an opinion, whether it ruins your lungs is NOT basically. =/

Is it better to save lives and create an uproar or let people die and keep them unhealthy? :\ Also, I disagree, smoking isn't as social and common as it was before because of the public smoking ban. More and more people are starting to quit now and it's becoming less and less socialy excepted.
(Apr. 18, 2009  11:43 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: Is it better to save lives and crate an uproar or let people die and keep them unhealthy? :\ Also, I disagree, smoking isn't as social and common as it was before because of the public smoking ban. More and more people are starting to quit now and it's becoming less and less socialy excepted.

I'm not saying I think smoking is a good idea, I'm saying hundreds and hundreds of people would have major withdrawal symptoms and do crazy things, plus they'd still get it from dealers, but it'd just be illegal like weed.
(Apr. 18, 2009  11:43 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: smoking isn't as social and common as it was before because of the public smoking ban. More and more people are starting to quit now and it's becoming less and less socialy excepted.

This is true. However, I wouldn't object to an all out ban. ^^;
(Apr. 19, 2009  12:02 AM)Rocky Wrote: This is true. However, I wouldn't object to an all out ban. ^^;

I would love it if I actually thought it would stop smoking. Unfortunately, it would just push it onto the black market.

However, I think smoking should be restricted to private residences.
Ever way you look at it, smoking will forever be around, espically when the amount of people that smoke has gone up. The one rule that should never be broken though is under age smoking.
I think that whole rule is kinda silly. It's different all around the globe, everyone grows at different rates and may react differently to smoking and having a rule like that sorta makes it seem okay when you're old enough. I mean it's better than babies and such smoking but it's still annoying. ¬_¬
(Apr. 19, 2009  12:25 AM)Rocky Wrote: I think that whole rule is kinda silly. It's different all around the globe, everyone grows at different rates and may react differently to smoking and having a rule like that sorta makes it seem okay when you're old enough. I mean it's better than babies and such smoking but it's still annoying. ¬_¬

Rocky's dead on. Same with drinking, there's nothing in your body that magically clicks on your birthday. Smoking is bad for you whether you're 15 or 25, and there's no moral difference other than breaking an arbitrary law. The difference is that there's no way to smoke responsibly.
I doesn't really matter anyway because they still find a way around it, no matter what anyone does. The only point to it then is to try and stop them from dieing at a younger age but like I said, it doesn't happen and in my eyes, if they want to waste their life so soon then that is their own fault, I'm not saying that they should just kill themselvies but in the end I can't do anything to stop them.
Most people start smoking when they are in school anyway so the age restriction isn't doing anything. I rekon if no one smoked until they were old enough they wouldn't bother starting. Most of the population start smoking because they think it's cool, thier friends do it and pier pressure.

Just a theory Smile
I know this thread was ment to be for supporting people to quit but I have realy strong views on smoking XD
<------- is a recovering smoker.

This sucks.

What sucks even more is that pegasis posted that picture of the hookah. i could really use some strawberry shisha right about now..
(Apr. 19, 2009  8:35 AM)Baronrana Wrote: <------- is a recovering smoker.

This sucks.

What sucks even more is that pegasis posted that picture of the hookah. i could really use some strawberry shisha right about now..

i suggest not reading this thread anymore then.
I was up to about a pack to two and a half a day after only two years. Pinching_eyes I'm almost two weeks some free, and I'm loving it.

Snus** is the carp <3

**Swedish kind, not the American with uranium and polonium in it. Swedish tobacco is very healthy, and beats the carp out of smoking.
My dad gave up smoking when he found out my mother was pregnant with a baby that would end up being me. He didn't quit for my brother, and he didn't quit for my sister. He quit for me. I won't smoke for that reason.
(Apr. 19, 2009  12:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I would love it if I actually thought it would stop smoking. Unfortunately, it would just push it onto the black market.

However, I think smoking should be restricted to private residences.

It'd just become the new marijuana in all honesty.
An all out ban on smoking would have some bad effects on countries. As I'm sure the government of a lot of countries like the US has ties to tobacco sales and makes some sort of money from it.
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:04 PM)Commie Wrote: An all out ban on smoking would have some bad effects on countries. As I'm sure the government of a lot of countries like the US has ties to tobacco sales and makes some sort of money from it.

This is true, I just remembered that the tax on cigarettes is insanely high. That's why people buy massive packs in duty free and stuff I think (though it doesn't really help because the duty free place still just raises the price loads because it's tax free and makes profiiiits, plus smoking is still carp for you). =/
(Apr. 19, 2009  7:36 PM)Evan Wrote: I was up to about a pack to two and a half a day after only two years. Pinching_eyes I'm almost two weeks some free, and I'm loving it.

Snus** is the carp <3

**Swedish kind, not the American with uranium and polonium in it. Swedish tobacco is very healthy, and beats the carp out of smoking.

you have snus in US? i thought it was only legal in sweden and norway? Skruf White Portion ftw Smile

tried smoking once, never again
(Apr. 19, 2009  10:57 PM)SK Wrote: you have snus in US? i thought it was only legal in sweden and norway? Skruf White Portion ftw Smile

tried smoking once, never again

General Portion, Lucky Strike, Oomph, and Catch White Portion are my favorites ^^ I import it from http://www.northerner.com

I haven't wanted a smoke since I got on the snus <3 I started with the American Marlboro Peppermint Snus, it tastes awesome but it's terrible for you
(Apr. 21, 2009  12:05 AM)Evan Wrote: General Portion, Lucky Strike, Oomph, and Catch White Portion are my favorites ^^ I import it from http://www.northerner.com

I haven't wanted a smoke since I got on the snus <3 I started with the American Marlboro Peppermint Snus, it tastes awesome but it's terrible for you

Were supposed to be preventing people from smoking not encouraging them.
(Apr. 21, 2009  12:12 AM)blader9 Wrote: Were supposed to be preventing people from smoking not encouraging them.

This isn't cigarettes.

I hate cigarettes. Absolutely. Took a hold of me for over a year, and has been a pain in the carp to kick. America puts uranium and polonium in the fertilizer for population control. I think cigarettes, and all American tobacco should be outlawed. It's ridiculous. Swedish snus, grown and manufactured in Sweden, has none of the radioactive fertilizers. It has also only been linked to pancreatic cancer, usually developing late in life if ever. The chances are around 1/100,000. I'm still not promoting any tobacco use, I say don't ever start. But if you are trying to quit, I defiantly suggest ordering a tryout box of snus from northener. It will help you MUCH more than the patches and gum.
(Apr. 21, 2009  12:18 AM)Evan Wrote: This isn't cigarettes.

I hate cigarettes. Absolutely. Took a hold of me for over a year, and has been a pain in the carp to kick. America puts uranium and polonium in the fertilizer for population control. I think cigarettes, and all American tobacco should be outlawed. It's ridiculous. Swedish snus, grown and manufactured in Sweden, has none of the radioactive fertilizers. It has also only been linked to pancreatic cancer, usually developing late in life if ever. The chances are around 1/100,000. I'm still not promoting any tobacco use, I say don't ever start. But if you are trying to quit, I defiantly suggest ordering a tryout box of snus from northener. It will help you MUCH more than the patches and gum.

Oh, I thought it was.
Locked.

PM your complaints about it to Evan.