Smokers?

I'm a light smoker, well, I am now at least.
Down to 3 a day, when I was on 9 or 10, was just wondering if anybody else here was a smoker who was quitting, trying to, or attempting to cut down?
Or perhaps your a smoker who has no intention of cutting down, or trying to quit?
If so, I guess I have to ask why?
Just to give my blessing, while I don't think the topic of smoking is a great one for this board, as long as this topic stays about quitting smoking I'll allow it here.
I'll give you all my blades if you stop
(Apr. 18, 2009  1:40 AM)blader9 Wrote: I'll give you all my blades if you stop

:pwn:
(Apr. 18, 2009  1:33 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: I'm a light smoker, well, I am now at least.
Down to 3 a day, when I was on 9 or 10, was just wondering if anybody else here was a smoker who was quitting, trying to, or attempting to cut down?
Or perhaps your a smoker who has no intention of cutting down, or trying to quit?

I'm not a smoker... but I had to say congrats on cutting down. I know a bunch of heavy smokers (a lot of them family), and I always feel bad for them when they just gotta have their smoke. Any ways, keep it up is my encouragement. Gasp
Thanks for letting me keep the topic Brad ^ ^
And thanks for the offer Blader9, but I think I'd rather have a lower chance of a fatal disease as an incentive Smile
My Nan's currently on an oxygen tank, and has serious lung damage, which was kind of the blow to the head that made me decide to cut down massively if not stop.
My grandparents quit smoking a few years back ... though they seem to still do it infrequently.

My mom refuses to quit and it's having an obvious effect on her. Unhappy Probably why I have so many nightmares about becoming a smoking addict. I tried smoking once and I didn't see the big deal.
i don't want anyone taking there chances and dieddead they have niccoten free cigarettes that might help you stop and they have candy, pills, and patches try any of them i don't want anyone smoking

god i sound like a mother
(Apr. 18, 2009  1:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: My grandparents quit smoking a few years back ... though they seem to still do it infrequently.

My mom refuses to quit and it's having an obvious effect on her. Unhappy Probably why I have so many nightmares about becoming a smoking addict. I tried smoking once and I didn't see the big deal.

Smoking in general is a bloody nightmare, it's a costly habit for one (money that I'd rather spend on blades and going out with friends), it's massively damaging to the health.
I can understand why older people do it, I mean when I get to my golden years (hopefully I'll make it that long) then it won't bother me too much, but right now it's just a massive drain on me physically, mentally, and economically.
I wouldn't recommend starting to anyone.

(Apr. 18, 2009  1:58 AM)blader9 Wrote: i don't want anyone taking there chances and dieddead they have niccoten free cigarettes that might help you stop and they have candy, pills, and patches try any of them i don't want anyone smoking

god i sound like a mother

Have you tried those Nicotine free cigarettes Tired They literally taste like licking an ashtray..
Don't ask how I know what that tastes like, nights out with my friends have gotten a little ridiculous at times..
I'm considering getting an inhalator (a small plastic battery powered capsule that
lets you breathe in nicotine in regulated amounts without the tar), but they're really expensive, and the refills for them cost a good bit more than a packet.
I get the feeling it's better to just quit cold turkey.
My Uncle smokes,He smokes like 2 or 3,rarely 4 a day.So he Is not a Heavy Smoker.
Addictions are just a state.
Find another addiction.
Try massive gum chewing, and keep yourself distracted.
Stay three days using that, and you will never have to smoke again.
Hope I helped, and I didn't, support is here.
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:16 AM)Ozzyschach Wrote: Addictions are just a state.
Find another addiction.
Try massive gum chewing, and keep yourself distracted.
Stay three days using that, and you will never have to smoke again.
Hope I helped, and I didn't, support is here.
Just been 3 weeks without smoking, and it didn't make a massive difference unfortunately Uncertain I think a massive amount of it is mental over physical, in the same way that people with obsessive compulsive disorders must do a certain thing a certain number of times to feel Ok.
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I get the feeling it's better to just quit cold turkey.
Agreed, Trainspotting style seems to be the hardest but most efficient route.
here's an idea (dumb idea) how about this instead of wasting money on cigarettes get blades instead
Good luck quitting and all. I have never smoked, mainly because I'm scared of getting hooked. I have a very addictive personality, so I stay away from that kind of stuff. I also can't stand the smoke(allergies). But good luck and I hope you are successfull.
I'm never going to smoke I because I don't want cancer or lung diease or get hooked.
(I can't anyway I'm only 12)
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:49 AM)blader9 Wrote: I'm never going to smoke I because I don't want cancer or lung diease or get hooked.
(I can't anyway I'm only 12)
That's what I said when I was 12. I still remember making my Dad an over sized cigarette out of a cardboard toilet roll with a paper speech bubble coming off of it saying "Don't smoke me, I'm harmful."
It's hard to say how these things happen.
Then again, when I was 12 smoking was promoted a lot more, and warnings were a lot less harsh, so hopefully they'll have a better effect on you guys Smile
I'm really worried about my cousin because he doesn't stop.
I seriously can't convince him I'll keep trying though. Unhappy
My dad smoked from the age of 18-41. It destroyed his health; but he quit on 2000 New Years and has not touched one since. He can now run 6 miles straight (compared to the whopping previous 2 minutes). He told me it was one of those things you have to quit cold turkey; no other way worked.
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:54 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: That's what I said when I was 12. I still remember making my Dad an over sized cigarette out of a cardboard toilet roll with a paper speech bubble coming off of it saying "Don't smoke me, I'm harmful."
It's hard to say how these things happen.
Then again, when I was 12 smoking was promoted a lot more, and warnings were a lot less harsh, so hopefully they'll have a better effect on you guys Smile

if i make you a cardboard cigarette with a paper speech bubble that says "don't smoke me i'm harmful" will you stop
I'll fill it with candy
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:59 AM)blader9 Wrote: if i make you a cardboard cigarette with a paper speech bubble that says "don't smoke me i'm harmful" will you stop
I'll fill it with candy

Can we not make this thread silly?Wink
(Apr. 18, 2009  2:58 AM)Anu Wrote: I'm really worried about my cousin because he doesn't stop.
I seriously can't convince him I'll keep trying though. Unhappy

don't convince him to stop make him stop
I have 2 aunts that smoke
one of them only has like on a week not even so i'm not too worried about her, but my other aunt has like 4 or 3 a day so i'm trying to make her stop or have less

and sorry, khei
*hugsfortrying* Think this is just something I'll have to ween myself off of, and then build up some willpower with Smile
(Apr. 18, 2009  3:12 AM)dieddead46 Wrote: *hugsfortrying* Think this is just something I'll have to ween myself off of, and then build up some willpower with Smile

You better quit!!!!!! Smile
I'll give you a rock leone
(Apr. 18, 2009  3:14 AM)blader9 Wrote: You better quit!!!!!! Smile
I'll give you a rock leone
Don't say that!