[Singapore, Singapore] FIGHT CLUB: Invasion - Singapore (03 Sept 2011)

on
Hosted by
  Uwik
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bey battle between 2 countries !

INDONESIA vs SINGAPORE

More countries are welcomed to join!

A group of Indonesian bladers will be in Singapore to test their bey skills in the south east asian hub of WBBA. So be ready to rumble, bring your beyspirit, and make your country proud! May the best blader win!

Attendees: (Click to View)

1st place: rokuz
2nd place: emily2000
3rd place: lightning angel

THE RESULT

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 05, 2011  5:04 AM)Uwik Wrote: After weeks of its release, and saw how it's used on tournaments battleground. It's safe to say that Sycthe is the next hybrid between (Earth/Burn). A very good stamina wheel.

Also bey_jp's Earth mold 2 should be retired. 6 months old?? That is like 60 human-year, and still used for battles.. hahahaha

Hmmm.. If I trace back when he gotten most of his earth-mold2's , most of them were bought around November last year. Its more or less about 9 monts To be exact. I have no Idea how that earth works.
Just to say prior to this, we have NEVER used 4D bey competitively. These werent allowed for WBBA tournaments (yet). Basically for Scythe, Vari or whatever 4D related bey it maybe, most of them were first time usages for us (competitively). Even for free play, we rarely touch them as we feel that working on pre 4D beys is still more important since they are used competitively here. At most, for the first few days of initial release (for 4D bey testing).

Even for me, whatever I used that day, I have honestly NEVER used them before less for one combo (Libra BD145)....

We basically went in there with almost nothing in mind since we have no idea how a WBO influenced community would be like. Rules and game play differs greatly.

And Deikailo, there was no Basalt BD145 MF/RF from our side... Those crazy moving Basalt BD145 were all from CS alone... Else, its RSF... Only a few combos were actually RF based.
noone use rf and mf that day from the sg team if i remember rightly its all cs and rsf thats it
edit:
my bad rf is use that day on vari and lightning thats all
for basalt its mostly cs
bey-jp earth is still like what we said in chinese said old ginger is still better , meaning the old one could still be very useful
(Sep. 04, 2011  7:05 PM)rokuz Wrote: NO VARI NO EARTH
NO EARTH kill Basalt and skythe
u missed the legend !!!!!!!!the earth kill basalt i could replay for a thousand times i still amaze

I still don't believe basalt killed by earth, even I look with my own eyes, that earth was amazing
GO EARTH
Any pics from the indo side? Would appreciate it if there is any Grin

Also, still awaiting input from <3.

We dont really make a presence often and we would really appreciate it if there is some kind of indepth analysis given out by <3 in terms of Indo meta and SG meta... Its not often we get someone to comment on how we play.
Yeah, we have some pictures and videos, but we gotta wait until stephen74 comes back from his holiday. I believe he's still in Singapore. He has the pictures, I have the videos. I just need to figure out how to stitch the clips together first. Smile
Sorry this is a little late, haha. Just some general reflections on Saturday (which might be worth absolutely nothing considering my poor showing, haha!).

Basalt.
The tournament was really interesting in that I had never seen so many Basalts at one time. Admittedly, the UK is the only other metagame I have experience in, so this is where this particular observation stems from. In London, there are a lot less Basalt-based customisations, but I'm not particularly sure why. MF/MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS is still an incredible powerhouse here, and it's easy to see why. As I recall, people who stuck to their guns would invariably have success with this particular customisation. I chose to use MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF to counter this, but despite weak launching and having relatively high success rates with this at home, I was KOd and even on one occasion, outspinned. The tournament was definitely food for thought in light of the prospective Basalt ban, which I'll touch upon later again.

Metagame.
Apart from the widespread usage of MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (which apparently you guys affectionately call "Mooncake", haha?), nothing else struck me as particularly different from anything I'd seen previously. Although I haven't participated in a tournament recently in the UK, Gravity was quite popular here (this might have changed, since), but significantly less so in Singapore - it seemed that the metagame here is less fond of dual spin directions and spin stealing, and more focussed on more conventional powerhouses like Basalt and Scythe. I believe Uwik also commented on my use of Gravity and Meteo in reference to this. Because of the way the groups were organised, I didn't face any Indonesian players myself, so I don't really have any lasting memories of their metagame, unfortunately! Obviously, everything I mention in this post is purely my own opinion and based on my sketchy memory of events from Saturday; I'd love to hear more things about your general metagame here.

Competition, and success.
I was incredibly impressed with the high level of competitive success shown by the Singaporeans. I've always been a huge believer that knowledge is not everything - I can only point to the likes of Daegor42 and Kai-V, who I am absolutely sure they have competitive knowledge which not only matches but perhaps exceeds a lot of higher ranking players, but they don't have the ranking to show for it (this isn't a dig guys, I promise, haha!). I honestly think that competitive nerve is more important, and for this, I will point to Valentin. This guy is pretty much my best friend from the boards, and by his own admission, he is completely out of touch with the metagame, but this guy pretty much sweeps every tournament he participates in. I'm absolutely not trying to say that Singaporean players lack knowledge - what I'm trying to say is that a lot of them possess incredibly nerve and experience in competitive situations; I saw someone using Beat and the Flower Pattern they produced was incredible. This was something which Uwik mentioned too; he also told me that a lot of them were former WBBA Champions at one point too. It's an old cliche, but success only breeds success. This culture of winning can only be honed through regular participation.

WBO Format.
I gathered from a lot of people on Saturday that this wasn't a format people were particularly familiar with, but despite this, was enjoyed by a lot of people. This makes me really happy because having spoken to Azlanslayer earlier about potentially hosting WBO events in Singapore (prior to the proposal of this event), he said that this might not be particularly feasible because of WBO fees. Hopefully, first hand experience of a WBO event might get a lot of you to reconsider, haha! There are a lot of attractive incentives to participate in our organised play, such as the Beypoint System and Blader Rewards. Honestly, the event was a absolute success (huge props to Pcyborg and Uwik for organising this!), and I would be really happy to see more WBO events here in the future.

I had an amazing time and would once again would like to thank Pcyborg for his kind hospitality and helpful PMs, as well as Uwik for helping host. Everyone who I met and spoke to were incredibly friendly too. You guys are incredible!
Basically, we don't have much chances to try out our 4D version beyblades. So the tournament was a really good chance for us to pit against our opponents with some new stuff deck in and ready to be used. I must say, Beat really turned out useful for me, although it got in a pinch when against the tall MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS.
This really gives me a good rough "sketch" on how the WBO tournaments work. It really is interesting, and i look forward to the next one. Smile
PHOTOS!

Enjoy..
emily2000 : you r the onee and only girl, but you can secure 2nd position.... AWESOME
Many thanks for the pictures. Love how they capture the strings being flung.
Gasp Those pictures of the beyblades are amazing.
(Sep. 14, 2011  7:38 AM)Uwik Wrote: PHOTOS!

Enjoy..

love them their awesome thanks for the pics

(Sep. 14, 2011  7:38 AM)Uwik Wrote: PHOTOS!

Enjoy..

u mind i put ur photos of the tourney at my blog oni the hyperlink?
Go right ahead Smile

Anyway, it should be stephen74 to thank. They were his pictures. I just uploaded them. Smile
(Sep. 14, 2011  2:58 PM)Uwik Wrote: Go right ahead Smile

Anyway, it should be stephen74 to thank. They were his pictures. I just uploaded them. Smile

ok sure thanks anyways! Smile
http://360jigsaw.blogspot.com/2011/09/si...asion.html
ENJOY~
The Beypoints, Credits and Faces have now been given for this tournament! Grin
(Nov. 10, 2011  8:56 PM)Blitz Wrote: The Beypoints, Credits and Faces have now been given for this tournament! Grin

Thank you for processing. Everything has been cross-checked and all are in order. Cheers.