[Singapore, Singapore] FIGHT CLUB: Invasion - Singapore (03 Sept 2011)

on
Hosted by
  Uwik
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Bey battle between 2 countries !

INDONESIA vs SINGAPORE

More countries are welcomed to join!

A group of Indonesian bladers will be in Singapore to test their bey skills in the south east asian hub of WBBA. So be ready to rumble, bring your beyspirit, and make your country proud! May the best blader win!

Attendees: (Click to View)

1st place: rokuz
2nd place: emily2000
3rd place: lightning angel

THE RESULT

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Congrats all the winner
Have the picture but forgot the name Lol
Singapore secure 1st place
But Indonesia got both 2nd and 3th place
The name of the winner will be posted by the host and co host
But for sure emily2000 secure 2nd place and I'm so proud of you sis
Thanks to all those which had turned up today. To those who could not turn up, hopefully there will be another event like this and you can participate

Overall, the experience is very different from standard WBBA format. We are very used to this format. WBO format is really an eye openner.

Many thanks on having <3 and the indonesians coming all this way for the tournament. Really shows us a really different metagame than what we were used to.

For your info, attended participants from SG

Pcyborg
360jigsaw
Fonspark
lol_lam3r
ZenSkyStars
DesZ
Rokuz
Bey_JP
shadow-blader ( >> this is TK )

And apologies to Kei and Uwik for taking the beypoints >__<
So how did ♥ do?
Results are with Uwik. I remembered his score against SG but Im not sure if its accurate.
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:19 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: So how did ♥ do?

hahahahahaha i won 1 match out of 9, absolutely mauled

Had an amazing time today, thanks to everyone involved! A real eye-opener for myself in terms of metagame too, haha.
Apologies for checking in rather late guys, I had to catch a flight straight after, and just finally got home.

Overall impression:

Despite all my beypoints that will go down the drain after this tournament, I was very much impressed at the Singaporeans metagame. It was absolutely in another level. It was very much developed (mostly due to the weekly WBBA tournaments there to thank). I'm fairly certain that ♥ can vouch for that. Lol, he did try all tricks in the book, including left/right gravity, weak launches, RS, etc.

The Singaporeans' big dogs have come out to play and they cleaned house. Even when the 2nd, and 3rd place were secured by Indonesians, it's safe to assume that the Singaporeans were dominant overall. Way to go to step up and defend your grounds guys! Much much much respect!

Pcyborg was extremely helpful and a great guy overall, Fonspark and Rokuz were beasts. It was somewhat sad to see that Basalt dominated the whole day. Scythes were starting to become popular too. Varies and Blitz also made appearances now and then. Almost everybody were excellent with their launches when using attack. The current WBO format without the points/deck system totally enabled the Singaporeans using Basalt. It was basically in almost every match.

Pcyborg knocked me out silly for 3-0 win in the first match using a left spin attacker, yet he opted for a 'safer' choice with defense / stamina for almost the rest of the day.

It was a blast, even when we lost probably an insane amount of beypoints. Crazy fun. A real eye opener on the different metagame. I'd like to add also that CS was more used than Basalt was.

I will go through the result and type it out neatly tomorrow, since it's a bit of a mess. Thanks to ♥ for helping out with judging.

For anyone who is curious:

1st : Rokuz (Singaporean) who won Variares + attack/balance spare parts. (he was extremely beastly when using his variares RF)
2nd : emily2000 (Indonesian) who won a RB8 + attack/balance spare parts. (she stuck with MF-H Basalt Bull 230 CS throughout the day)
3rd: lightning angel (Indonesian) who won a beylauncher L/R mars red + attack/balance spare parts (he used various combos)

♥'s ratio was 1 win - 8 losses. Maybe he can share a few thoughts of the Singaporeans / Indonesians metagame in comparison to european one (London to be more specific)

Thank you all who showed up. It was great day, and I hope that you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.
part 1 of the tourney
and remember to subscribe ~ XD

part 2
Hahaha, it's funny, looking at myself in the video. Thanks.
(Sep. 04, 2011  2:59 PM)Uwik Wrote: Hahaha, it's funny, looking at myself in the video. Thanks.
haha u can say so~ Tongue_out
(Sep. 04, 2011  2:01 PM)360jigsaw Wrote: part 1 of the tourney

part 2

Subscribed. The tourney looks totally awesome and i actually missed it .. Angry
dam im the only one that lose to <3 totally disappointed at my own performance for fooling around lol
Sad that all the weird matches werent recorded like the EarthBD, MF breaking, MF flying, Scythe breaking at the final point... Those were seriously worth catching on camera.
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:44 PM)Rendezvous Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  2:01 PM)360jigsaw Wrote: part 1 of the tourney

part 2

Subscribed. The tourney looks totally awesome and i actually missed it .. Angry

u will have a chance soon dude
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:53 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Sad that all the weird matches werent recorded like the EarthBD, MF breaking, MF flying, Scythe breaking at the final point... Those were seriously worth catching on camera.

i know rgt?! Pinching_eyes_2
earth bd cannot record cause later cam spoil lol
NO VARI NO EARTH
NO EARTH kill Basalt and skythe
u missed the legend !!!!!!!!the earth kill basalt i could replay for a thousand times i still amaze
(Sep. 04, 2011  7:05 PM)rokuz Wrote: NO VARI NO EARTH
NO EARTH kill Basalt and skythe
u missed the legend !!!!!!!!the earth kill basalt i could replay for a thousand times i still amaze

There were 3 stadiums , its difficult to cover all sides though I would personally like to see Vari and Earth in action as well.

To Indonesian+UK:
Thanks you for participating on Singapores first/international WBO tournament . I came in not knowing what to expect from Indonesian bladers as it was held quite differently from what we were used to in our local WBBA tournament.
we did see some interesting ways of playing which was a rare sight in our meta-game, for example the weak shooting and Basalt 230 combos.What I seem to notice was that WBO,well at least from what I observe from the Indonesian WBO bladers, were that the combos were stamina oriented. My apologies if we were tad too aggressive with our combination .Overall , I had a great time with you guys! Maybe one day we might have a rematch Wink.
♥, Daegor told Valentin and I at Project Beyhem 2.0 today how you did at this tournament and we were both shocked (and highly disappointed) LOL. Like Uwik mentioned, it would be interesting to get your thoughts on any difference in the "metagames" that you noticed.
From what I saw in the videos, it looks like MF/RFs are common, even with stamina/defense parts. This metagame looks a lot like New York's current metagame. It's really cool to see that we're not terribly far before Asia, but I was excited when I saw Basalt BD145RF (or MF?) in the video. I want to try that out.
(Sep. 05, 2011  3:42 AM)Kei Wrote: ♥, Daegor told Valentin and I at Project Beyhem 2.0 today how you did at this tournament and we were both shocked (and highly disappointed) LOL. Like Uwik mentioned, it would be interesting to get your thoughts on any difference in the "metagames" that you noticed.

maybe ♥ didnot bring his whole parts to singapore..lol..
but really unexpected results..never expect uwik got other place other than first, second or third..
What I've found from venturing into communities outside of my own is you win mostly because you understand how your opponent thinks, not necessarily how to counter a combo.

When you travel outside of your metagame, you have new opponents, which means you know nothing about them. Along with not being used to Singapore's combos, this may have very well been the case.

Has anyone posted the winning combos yet?
as i said :
The Beyblade is Round, Anything Can Happen.
I did manage to get into the final block, but lost the first two matches. MF-H Basalt BD145 MB. Their CS is better than my MB, while my CS is just bad.

Since no-one used attacks for the final blocks, I then switched to stamina. MF-F Libra (mold 1) BD145 EDS, and yeah, whoever said that EDS can outspin a good CS is wrong. I lost the first battle, and refusing to accept the fact that CS can outspin EDS, I used it again and again. It was all downhill from there. LOL

Benjohadi: you can't win them all of course, especially not against these guys. They made us earn every single win.

I have also a few videos. I'll upload them tonight. There was a beat and a killer?? recorded. No earth, and no vari, and no blitz.. sorry Unhappy

NOT RECORDED in the videos were some crazy attack battles (vari to be noted, weird earth on BD145, sycthes exploding, couple MFs breaking etc).
(Sep. 05, 2011  4:52 AM)Uwik Wrote: I did manage to get into the final block, but lost the first two matches. MF-H Basalt BD145 MB. Their CS is better than my MB, while my CS is just bad.

Since no-one used attacks for the final blocks, I then switched to stamina. MF-F Libra (mold 1) BD145 EDS, and yeah, whoever said that EDS can outspin a good CS is wrong. I lost the first battle, and refusing to accept the fact that CS can outspin EDS, I used it again and again. It was all downhill from there. LOL

Benjohadi: you can't win them all of course, especially not against these guys. They made us earn every single win.

I have also a few videos. I'll upload them tonight. There was a beat and a killer?? recorded. No earth, and no vari, and no blitz.. sorry Unhappy

NOT RECORDED in the videos were some crazy attack battles (vari to be noted, weird earth on BD145, sycthes exploding, couple MFs breaking etc).
anyway..nice job here..i hope you guys can invade malaysia sooner or later..
i believe me,peace and wahtzer can arrange a frindly tourney in malaysia..(of course in sarawak...XD)
After weeks of its release, and saw how it's used on tournaments battleground. It's safe to say that Sycthe is the next hybrid between (Earth/Burn). A very good stamina wheel.

Also bey_jp's Earth mold 2 should be retired. 6 months old?? That is like 60 human-year, and still used for battles.. hahahaha